What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Broncos NRL Matches Discussion

Nerd

Bench
Milford would be kicking himself for that kick on the 3rd tackle. Hopefully he has learnt something from it. Thought that was Ofahengaues best game of the year. Pangai belted Mat Scott every time he tackled him and some how we have to keep him on the field as we are a different team when he's on.
If Bennett wasn't coach would Boyd still even be in the team? His first half was a shocker, twice he was badly caught out of position for Cowboys tries then loses the ball returning it for another try. I'm hoping if Wayne goes Boyd follows him.

League guru

Juniors
Milford would be kicking himself for that kick on the 3rd tackle. Hopefully he has learnt something from it. Thought that was Ofahengaues best game of the year. Pangai belted Mat Scott every time he tackled him and some how we have to keep him on the field as we are a different team when he's on.
If Bennett wasn't coach would Boyd still even be in the team? His first half was a shocker, twice he was badly caught out of position for Cowboys tries then loses the ball returning it for another try. I'm hoping if Wayne goes Boyd follows him.

When Scott and McLean were on the field, the Cowboys were all over the Broncos. TPJ did however give away a string of penalties that got the Cows on a roll. He needs to stop trying to be the tough guy and let his footie do the talking. He is prone to brain explosions.

hellteam

First Grade
I feel like the more bad performances we put together, the closer we are to a good one. That's how inconsistent we are. Cannot take anything from the game before at all.

Hopefully the good game comes in wk 1 of the finals (if we get there)

Jimmy Clark

Juniors
I feel like the more bad performances we put together, the closer we are to a good one. That's how inconsistent we are. Cannot take anything from the game before at all.

You won’t make it. Give up all hope now.

renouf

Juniors

That's overly positive, they need to be playing better at this time of the year to be any chance. The way they folded in the 2nd half was like playing against Melbourne, it looked so easy for the cowboys, the penalties etc.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
When Scott and McLean were on the field, the Cowboys were all over the Broncos. TPJ did however give away a string of penalties that got the Cows on a roll. He needs to stop trying to be the tough guy and let his footie do the talking. He is prone to brain explosions.

Yep I'm pretty sure it as TPJ who gave away a penalty on the last when we were 30-18 up. That was crucial and go the Cowboys on a roll. Great player but still some things to work on.

So why was Boyd moved back to full back again??

renouf

Juniors
Sounds like the coach is finishing up, not sure who else the club thinks is going to do a better job..

Last edited:

DeeJ

Bench
It was good to see they finally played for the full 80 last night. I know the Roosters were predictable and limp in attack, but the defense was great, especially the scrambling efforts.

Milford's kicking game is outstanding now. It's a shame he doesn't run the ball like he used to, but he has stepped up and filled a hole the team desperately needed. Pangai Jr was a stand out as usual and has brought back his offload. Fifita is a young beast. Even Darius is picking up some slack. He probably knows if Bennett is gone he won't be on the field.

Nerd

Bench
Oh well that's if for another year. The only positives that I could glean from that smash up by the Dragons is that the young forwards will be better off having experienced a finals game and that Korbin Sims will no longer be a Bronco. With Sims and Thaiday gone surely we can afford to keep TPJ.

gUt

Coach
forwards will be fine next year, outside backs will be up there too. It's the spine that worries me. Milford gets a pass and Boyd has more good games than bad ones, McCullough I can handle but kodi, man I dunno. We just need an organiser with a cool head and a kicking game... someone like Hodkinson would be good

gregstar

Referee
Oh well that's if for another year. The only positives that I could glean from that smash up by the Dragons is that the young forwards will be better off having experienced a finals game and that Korbin Sims will no longer be a Bronco. With Sims and Thaiday gone surely we can afford to keep TPJ.
i agree with that.

creeping has copped plenty & yet he alone is responsible for assembling a very very young forward pack who are going to be a handful for any opposition. after round 1 the team was written off completely & yet they have rolled some of the comp leaders twice this year. that is a tribute to the youngsters and the coach.
considering the injuries, the club did well to make the 8. the fact that they were favorites also is a contrast to the early season criticism.

as andrew johns said - put a world class half behind that pack & they would be an awesome team.
it might take another season or two, but i'd suggest your mob is heading upwards.

the flak creeping has copped is unwarranted in my opinion.

i'd happily have him over jowls any day of the week.

btw, suck sh*t for yesterday.

Nerd

Bench
i agree with that.

creeping has copped plenty & yet he alone is responsible for assembling a very very young forward pack who are going to be a handful for any opposition. after round 1 the team was written off completely & yet they have rolled some of the comp leaders twice this year. that is a tribute to the youngsters and the coach.
considering the injuries, the club did well to make the 8. the fact that they were favorites also is a contrast to the early season criticism.

as andrew johns said - put a world class half behind that pack & they would be an awesome team.
it might take another season or two, but i'd suggest your mob is heading upwards.

the flak creeping has copped is unwarranted in my opinion.

i'd happily have him over jowls any day of the week.

btw, suck sh*t for yesterday.
Who is jowls?

On the halves my wish would be for Milford to go back to fullback, Boyd is moved on or replaces Kahu in the centres and Kahu is moved on, Nikorima goes to 5/8 and we buy or promote an organising half.

Thanks for the negative comment at the end I now feel a lot better....

gregstar

Referee
Who is jowls?
paul-mcgregor-dragons-628-600x387.jpg

gitano

Juniors
Who is jowls?

On the halves my wish would be for Milford to go back to fullback, Boyd is moved on or replaces Kahu in the centres and Kahu is moved on, Nikorima goes to 5/8 and we buy or promote an organising half.

Thanks for the negative comment at the end I now feel a lot better....
Move em about all you like. Season over. Enjoy that feeling for moment or longer.

Latest posts