What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Dogs

hazzbeen

Bench
On Hunt he has hit rock bottom . Just cant put my finger on it , is it that he is tiring to hard or to me he looks like he is not interested . I Hope Im wrong and he comes out and has a blinder . If it was to happen next week , Ben needs to start playing from the bench because we cant afford another game like he has been over the last couple of weeks .... Its a tough one ......

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Yes maybe a good supportive home crowd is exactely what Ben needs atm.....interesting final 2 games .....presuming we win our two games against the Dogs and Knights I see the Sharks being our threat to the top 4.....they play the Knights at Cronulla and Dogs away and they are only behind us by 17 on F and A....our problem will be playing the Knights at Newcastle....this could very well decide the 4

Yes maybe a good supportive home crowd is exactely what Ben needs atm.....interesting final 2 games .....presuming we win our two games against the Dogs and Knights I see the Sharks being our threat to the top 4.....they play the Knights at Cronulla and Dogs away and they are only behind us by 17 on F and A....our problem will be playing the Knights at Newcastle....this could very well decide the 4
Isn’t that old boys day at the knights?
They’ll be fired up

Red V for life

Juniors
On Hunt he has hit rock bottom . Just cant put my finger on it , is it that he is tiring to hard or to me he looks like he is not interested . I Hope Im wrong and he comes out and has a blinder . If it was to happen next week , Ben needs to start playing from the bench because we cant afford another game like he has been over the last couple of weeks .... Its a tough one ......
Hazz, it can only be one of two things imo. The rumour he isn’t happy and wants out is true. I’d be genuinely surprised if that were the case given the team rallying around him last night.

Otherwise, I think the guy is so full of doubt atm it’s not funny. The spiral started with the bad cork and was closely followed by losing his Origin 7 jumper and all the attention that came with that, which would’ve been personally disappointing. Then the ref crackdown stopped reducing our forwards dominance and we had the Origin hangover. Then a couple of pedestrian games by the team put more pressure on him.

I’d be inclined to give him next week off, tell him to get out of the fishbowl and enjoy some family time. Not dropped...just rested. If they need to disguise it, give JDB a rest too. Put Mann and Field in the halves.

I do back him in to bounce back. We just need to flick the circuit breaker.

im starting to get the impression that maybe he’s regretting the move south hope it’s not the case just the vibe I’m picking up but

Crush

Coach
Cmon guys, Hunt is clearly a confidence player and he is down on confidence atm. Why is it you want to read more into it (he isn't happy and wants out)?
He will come out the other side, he's just lost his confidence, plenty of players like him in the nrl.

MilanDragon

Juniors
Maybe Hunt is worried Bennett is coming.

Also I think he is just in a rough trot at the moment, since origin. All players go through the bad patches of form in a season, it’s just Hunt was way more publicised because of origin.

Instead of turning on him our fans should back him in.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Hunt was playing ok until he kicked out on the full. You could see his head drop and from there until the sin binning he was a shot bird.
However, I think the 10 mins break actually helped him and he was ok when he got back on.

hazzbeen

Bench
Cmon guys, Hunt is clearly a confidence player and he is down on confidence atm. Why is it you want to read more into it (he isn't happy and wants out)?
He will come out the other side, he's just lost his confidence, plenty of players like him in the nrl.
Agree that his confidence is down , and he will come good but we cant afford him having another game like he has had . So either give him time off now or start him from the bench . Bennett dropped him and he came back better than ever .

Crush

Coach
Agree that his confidence is down , and he will come good but we cant afford him having another game like he has had . So either give him time off now or start him from the bench . Bennett dropped him and he came back better than ever .
No chance. There are 2 games left before finals. Play him starting 7 and playmaker where he belongs. He will come good, he needs to find form himself and no better way to do that than against the dogs at home.

hazzbeen

Bench
No chance. There are 2 games left before finals. Play him starting 7 and playmaker where he belongs. He will come good, he needs to find form himself and no better way to do that than against the dogs at home.
If he has a shocker again , which has been happening of late and cost us top 4 spot and shatters him more . I thought he would of had a blinder yesterday . He will come good but I think he needs next week off .... He needs some head space to have a good think about his form ....

Crush

Coach
If he has a shocker again , which has been happening of late and cost us top 4 spot and shatters him more . I thought he would of had a blinder yesterday . He will come good but I think he needs next week off .... He needs some head space to have a good think about his form ....
I highly doubt that will happen HAZZ especially with Widdop out. If Mary rested Hunt when we are playing for a top 4 spot he would be crucified.
Next week will be the perfect stage for Hunt to silence the critics. His home fans all behind him.

FlameThrower

Bench
Hunt was playing ok until he kicked out on the full. You could see his head drop and from there until the sin binning he was a shot bird.
However, I think the 10 mins break actually helped him and he was ok when he got back on.
If he had scored that try that would have been a huge confidence boost for him.. I’m not sure it’s just confidence, form or other issues but he does not look right to me and barely speaks on the ground..

hazzbeen

Bench
I highly doubt that will happen HAZZ especially with Widdop out. If Mary rested Hunt when we are playing for a top 4 spot he would be crucified.
Next week will be the perfect stage for Hunt to silence the critics. His home fans all behind him.
Lets hope I know it wont happen , but its just what I think Hunt needs .....

News Flash

A down on confidence Bent Hunt playing on 1 leg is still our best option at 7.

The guy will come good because he is too good a player not too and his team and coach are supportive and protective of him.

We are now finals bound.

Ideal time for the whole team to start its finals build up.

I know last week after the Parra lost I said the Opera was now over.

But like a seemingly dead body, the patient has stirred.

Fire up Boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts