What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360

Mark D

Juniors
Just watched Mary on NRL 360 and must say I thought he handled the interview well . I know most on this forum want his head which to an extent I understand , however to be fair if you haven’t seen the interview I would encourage you to do so..

denis preston

First Grade
He said in this interview that first grade players should perform or get dropped, so ffs why doesnt he follow his own philosophy??????
Exactly, that and interchange opportunities for the younger players I see as his greatest flaws. All the others such as strategy, tactics & game plans can be offset by the strength of the roster !

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Tbh I think his interview was phew we made the 8 thats a relief......we will see how he handles the finals...even though the botton teams have nothing to lose and play accordingly (Knights and Dogs did win last week ) its been a huge bonus for MaCgregor to finish the season playing 3 teams outside the 8 particularly when you consider our deterioration in the last few weeks....having said all that I thought he handled the interview ok but basically Iken and Kent went fairly light on him I thought

WepnutV

Juniors
He said in this interview that first grade players should perform or get dropped, so ffs why doesnt he follow his own philosophy??????
He does and has at times, just not this year as the team has been preforming...

WepnutV

Juniors
Tbh I think his interview was phew we made the 8 thats a relief......we will see how he handles the finals...even though the botton teams have nothing to lose and play accordingly (Knights and Dogs did win last week ) its been a huge bonus for MaCgregor to finish the season playing 3 teams outside the 8 particularly when you consider our deterioration in the last few weeks....having said all that I thought he handled the interview ok but basically Iken and Kent went fairly light on him I thought
Why is it a huge bonus? Whats the bonus off haveing to play a inform tigers team with there season on the line at Leichhardt?

Last edited:

Eastview

Juniors
I switched it off the minute he talked about making the finals in 2015...

Seriously, the guy continues to dine out on that one match.. 3 seasons ago..

Which we lost.
He actually mentioned that??? What a flog this bloke is, scraped into the finals and got knocked out first round ffs, not something to be happy about in my opinion

Mickthedragon

Juniors
I watched it and the spin just continued to pour out of his mouth.
Same old excuses for the last couple of seasons and Ikin an Kent went very easy on him and basically buttered him up. You could see the relief on his mind with us winning that game to make the finals and from the look of it, he probably thinks his jobs now safe for next season. It should be based on how we do in the finals though, he's had enough chances.

possm

Coach
Same old excuses for the last couple of seasons and Ikin an Kent went very easy on him and basically buttered him up. You could see the relief on his mind with us winning that game to make the finals and from the look of it, he probably thinks his jobs now safe for next season. It should be based on how we do in the finals though, he's had enough chances.

Mary would have had a good idea on the questions to be asked by Kent. He would of discussed many things with Kent before he agreed to be interviewed. Kent has always been a Mary fan.

avocado

Juniors
I switched it off the minute he talked about making the finals in 2015...

Seriously, the guy continues to dine out on that one match.. 3 seasons ago..

Which we lost.
Yep. The whole interview infuriated me. I wish I switched off too.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Why is it a huge bonus? Whats the bonus off haveing to play a inform tigers team with there season on the line at Leichhardt?
Cmon Mate the Tigers were rubbish on the weekend the lop sided penalty count in their favour and the amount of dropped ball they had when they had us under the pump we were lucky they didnt put a score on us particularly in the first half.....we ground it out and it was a gritty performance by our boys but I repeat Mary is fortunate we go into the last few games not playng the top teams

LINESPEED

Juniors
Just watched Mary on NRL 360 and must say I thought he handled the interview well . I know most on this forum want his head which to an extent I understand , however to be fair if you haven’t seen the interview I would encourage you to do so..

Seemed to be a lot of Zen, care, harmony & lovingkindness - except for when he threw Kurt under the bus FFS.
I didn't hear an incisive, professional utterance about handling a team in a slump in there, or anything indicative of a coach on a mission to the Grandfinal.

More like cue in the rack

Waterboy lollypops

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I agree...if you read my comments re this post I basically said the same as you

Latest posts