What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team 2019

Russell Coight

Juniors
Even though we haven't finalized our squad and it could be pretty far off the mark it's always fun to see what a new look team we can have.

Presuming we re-sign Farah and Marshall and upgrade a couple

I wouldn't mind injecting some youth into the team

1. Moses Mbye
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Esan Marsters
4. Connelly Lemuelu (huge wraps on him coming through the grades)
5. Corey Thompson
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
8. Alex Twal
9. Farah/Liddle
10. Ben Matulino
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Micheal Chee Kam
13. Elijah Taylor

14. Thomas Mikaele
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Luke Garner (would like to see him play a middle forward type role to replace Taylor aswell as cover the backs if any injuries)
17. Russell Packer

Vic Mackey

Referee
We need a center, another outside back and a prop IMO to be a top 8 threat. McIntyre (center) and Smith (fullback) have looked good in nsw cup, McIntyre probably closer to firsts then Smith but still not sold on either.

Tiger05

First Grade
Has anyone seen Connelly Lemuelu play ? I like Marsters and Fonua but I worry that they are both big strong centres who are defensively weak.

I couldn't pick Robbie in the starting team. I just think we need Benji and Robbie playing only if we have injuries.

We need some beasts in the pack. Aloiai & Mikaele might be able to fill impact forward positions.

I reckon we need Liddle and Reynolds to fire if we are to improve next season.

Russell Coight

Juniors
We need a center, another outside back and a prop IMO to be a top 8 threat. McIntyre (center) and Smith (fullback) have looked good in nsw cup, McIntyre probably closer to firsts then Smith but still not sold on either.

Isn't Mcintyre a 2nd rower or am I thinking of someone else?
Also as someone who doesnt watch nsw cup regularly how does Toni Tali go? I seen him play once and he was really impressive, think he got injured though

Russell Coight

Juniors
Has anyone seen Connelly Lemuelu play ? I like Marsters and Fonua but I worry that they are both big strong centres who are defensively weak.

I couldn't pick Robbie in the starting team. I just think we need Benji and Robbie playing only if we have injuries.

We need some beasts in the pack. Aloiai & Mikaele might be able to fill impact forward positions.

I reckon we need Liddle and Reynolds to fire if we are to improve next season.

I don't personally want Farah there but Liddle isn't exactly a proven first grader, imo next year I think we might need to gamble on a few youngsters. Maybe 3-4 + hopefully a fully fit Reynolds

Vic Mackey

Referee
Isn't Mcintyre a 2nd rower or am I thinking of someone else?
Also as someone who doesnt watch nsw cup regularly how does Toni Tali go? I seen him play once and he was really impressive, think he got injured though

He’s played center recently and has gone fairly well. Mainly played center/wing in ball/Matt’s but then moved to second row in NYC.

Talis been ordinary, sadly never progressed from NYC. Terrible defender and never passes to his winger even if they’re unmarked

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't personally want Farah there but Liddle isn't exactly a proven first grader, imo next year I think we might need to gamble on a few youngsters. Maybe 3-4 + hopefully a fully fit Reynolds

I agree that Liddle isn't a proven first grader. Robbie though to me has proven that he isn't the right option for us going forward and we need better. He was great for us in a couple of games this season but I don't think he will ever get that players other than himself are the best option in critical plays. Way too many hog plays when they aren't required.

I have no problems with signing Robbie because we need a quality back-up hooker.

I like your idea in relation to a couple of youngsters. We need some more spark in the team.

JB04

Juniors
1. Moses Mbye
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Esan Marsters
4. I’m hoping somebody who really impresses in pre season or a center is bought (not sold on Fonua)
5. Corey Thompson
6. Benji Marshall
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Ben Matulino
11. Josh Aloiai
12. Chris Lawrence
13. Elijah Taylor

14. Josh Reynolds
15. Alex Twal
16. Michael Chee Kam
17. Thomas Mikaele

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm trying to think about this and what we need as players.

Wingers:- Nofo and Thompson. To me these two aren't top quality wingers but they both do the job and do it pretty well.
Centres:- Fonua and Marsters. Big, strong runs from both of them. They also both lack pace and concern me defensively.
Middle forwards:- Aloia, Taylor, Eisenhuth, Twal, Matulino. Packer. I reckon we need another quality option here.
Edge forwards:- Garner, MCK, Lawrence, Taylor & Aloiai (they can both play on the edge but they are both probably better in the middle). I think these guys can do the job but we lack a damaging edge forward.
Halves:- Brooks, Benji & Reynolds. I think Benji is busted. I hope Reynolds isn't busted but he could be. Brooks is one of our best players.
Fullback:- Mbye. Quality player.
Hooker:- Liddle and Robbie. I hope Liddle comes on because I don't think we will go well with Robbie playing a lot of first grade next year.

Basically we have an average squad with a couple of class players (Brooks and Mbye) that aren't in the best players in the game category. Overall though it's not really a bad squad. We just lack a couple of quality players. I think hooker is potentially our worst position next season. I also think we lack a couple of forwards who can have an impact.

I'd love to see us bring on a quality rookie next season and buy a couple of quality players in the off-season.

Vic Mackey

Referee
This is the 2019 squad so far

1. Mbye
  2. Nofoaluma
  3. Marsters
  4. Fonua
  5. Thompson
  6. Reynolds
  7. Brooks
  8. Packer
  9. Liddle
  10. Matulino
  11. Lawrence
  12. CheeKam
  13. Taylor
  14. Twal
  15. Gamble
  16. Eisenhuth
  17. Rochow
  18. McQueen (rumoured leaving)
  19. Aloiai
  20. Clarke
  21. Garner
  22. McIntyre
  23. Mikaele
  24. Smith
  25. Farah?
  26. Marshall?

I assume IC will take a safety first approach to his 1st 17 unless someone really impresses over the summer in which case that person might get a run as a reserve.

I'd go with:

1. Moses Mbye
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Esan Marsters
4. we need a centre - Dylan Walker would be good here.
5. Corey Thompson
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer
9. Farah/Liddle
10. Ben Matulino
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Micheal Chee Kam
13. Alex Twal

14. Thomas Mikaele
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Elijah Taylor
17. No idea but as a few have nominated Mikaela, happy to list him at 14. Need another forward.

Russell Coight

Juniors

1. Mbye
  2. Nofoaluma
  3. Marsters
  4. Fonua
  5. Thompson
  6. Reynolds
  7. Brooks
  8. Packer
  9. Liddle
  10. Matulino
  11. Lawrence
  12. CheeKam
  13. Taylor
  14. Twal
  15. Gamble
  16. Eisenhuth
  17. Rochow
  19. Aloiai
  20. Clarke
  21. Garner
  22. McIntyre
  23. Mikaele
  24. Smith
  25. Farah?
  26. Marshall?

With McQueen possibly leaving with the others included, mixed in with the spots remaining surely we'd have enough for 2-3 experienced to pretty good first graders. I'm talking a Dylan Walker, Martin taupau type player. Rest of the spots can be filled by fringe players

Russell Coight

Juniors
Also Gamble to me has the frame to be a centre/second rower. Pack 5kg on him in the off season aswell as train him there and see how he goes

It's quite clear hes fairly out of favour for the halves so why not try him in a different position?

Das Hassler

Bench
Gamble is a strange one. ...kinda like Blake Austin on camomile tea. Can't make my mind up if he is potential emerging or if what we've seen is about it.

Rabbits20

Immortal

1. Mbye
  2. Nofoaluma
  3. Marsters
  4. Fonua
  5. Thompson
  6. Reynolds
  7. Brooks
  8. Packer
  9. Liddle
  10. Matulino
  11. Lawrence
  12. CheeKam
  13. Taylor
  14. Twal
  15. Gamble
  16. Eisenhuth
  17. Rochow
  19. Aloiai
  20. Clarke
  21. Garner
  22. McIntyre
  23. Mikaele
  24. Smith
  25. Farah?
  26. Marshall?
Not a top 10 squad imo...

Mediocre.

Russell Coight

Juniors
Not a top 10 squad imo...

Mediocre.

Same squad that belted the living shit out of your woman bashing scum even though we were under all adversity

Let's take things into perspective here, this comp is close as f**k. If we win on Thursday we are only 2 wins behind your team. We got ripped against Brisbane and lost about 2-3 games by 4 points or less

We really aren't far behind you guys at all.

Another stat that will probably fall on deaf ears for you, we will be the first team to get 13 wins in a season and not make the 8. Every other year that's enough to qualify for the finals

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I assume IC will take a safety first approach to his 1st 17 unless someone really impresses over the summer in which case that person might get a run as a reserve.

I'd go with:

1. Moses Mbye
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Esan Marsters
4. we need a centre - Dylan Walker would be good here.
5. Corey Thompson
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer
9. Farah/Liddle
10. Ben Matulino
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Micheal Chee Kam
13. Alex Twal

14. Thomas Mikaele
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Elijah Taylor
17. No idea but as a few have nominated Mikaela, happy to list him at 14. Need another forward.

That is about the best team we currently have. I assume Mahe fills the centre position.

I reckon that forward pack is the best we have. ET can sub in any backrow spot. Mikaele and Aloiai should offer some impact. Having Twal at lock should give us a good starting pack. We lack an impact forward like Burgess or Taumolo but those guys should do the job.

I'd play Liddle off the bench mainly because I can't see him providing 80 quality minutes.

It's not a weak team but we really need Liddle and Reynolds to perform well above what they have offered so far plus we need Mikaele and Aloiai to offer some impact.

Latest posts