What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

carcharias

Immortal
I do agree with this, although most Raiders fans won’t.

But still, the fact is we have had two terrible seasons since then. We have lost something like 16 games by less than 6 points in the last 2 years, and the majority of those we were ahead with not long to go.

Our discipline is non-existent- I’m pretty sure we’ve been penalised for dissent more than anyone - and Ricky has completely failed to address it.

I still think he could be the right coach for us, but the fact that he has completely escaped any pressure in what is supposed to be a results-driven business is ridiculous.

The Raiders are being run like an old boys club, where you aren’t measured by your success, but how well you know everyone. Our previous chairman John McIntyre once said that he could never bring himself to sack David Furner because he used to change his nappies, and because everyone sticks together on the “family farm”. Even though he has stepped down, the board still have the same mindset.

Ricky might very well be the coach that gets us to the grand final eventually - certainly we were just one error away from being there in 2016 - but he’s also the most public face of the cronyism that infests our club, and that I think more than anything is why so many Raiders fans want him out, or in my case, at the very least held to the same results-driven standards as every other coach.
He’d be better in the than than coaching it.

Pedge1971

First Grade
To be fair he went fwds in the last 4 weeks thus he is the man for the next 5 years.

Congrats Raiders fans.

AJB1102

First Grade
Great year Rick. Look forward to going backwards again in 2019.

3 good performances to finish the year. Will probably wind up having scored more points than any side this year. Lots to look forward to. Has to be a contract extension for Stick in the off season going by those results. Not had it easy either missing his Smith for 16 weeks, the *ahem* unfortunate absence of his Slater and of course injury to the 1 and only Jarrod Croker who some judges have labeled the best young centre in the game.

hardbaby

Coach
3 good performances to finish the year. Will probably wind up having scored more points than any side this year. Lots to look forward to. Has to be a contract extension for Stick in the off season going by those results. Not had it easy either missing his Smith for 16 weeks, the *ahem* unfortunate absence of his Slater and of course injury to the 1 and only Jarrod Croker who some judges have labeled the best young centre in the game.
There is a lot wrong with that post

Spade

Juniors
I talked to a bloke within the club that told me Stick will be sacked within the next month.

Frailty

First Grade
If I'm Canberra, Stuart gets his papers stamped and sent packing...

... Then I say hello of Madge Maguire on a 2 year deal.