What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Saw this at the Golden Age Cinema in Surry Hills about 6 weeks ago, the first time I had ever seen it, great cast with Laurence Olivier, Joan Fontaine, George Sanders, Judith Anderson, Gladys Cooper and Nigel Bruce, this was Hiitchcocks first film made in Hollywood, enjoyed every minute of it.
Yes a classic in every sense of the word.. Our own Judith Anderson stole the show imho. Her Mrs Danvers was mesmerizing.
★★★★ great / suspenceful /affecting /memorable.

Last edited:
Mother: Bloody hell what did I just watch. I did not know what was happening from start to finish.
convoluted / disjointed/ mediocre /uninteresting. In a word- disappointing.
2-Star-Rating.png

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Baywatch. It really didn’t know if it wanted to be serious, a comedy, or a satire. Wasn’t expecting much and got just that. I like the actors in it, and that just got me through. 3/10

horrie hastings

First Grade
Yes a classic in every sense of the word.. Our own Judith Anderson stole the show imho. Her Mrs Danvers was mesmerizing.
★★★★ great / suspenceful /affecting /memorable.

Yes Judith Anderson’s character of Mrs Danvers was mesmerising and as you say stole the show, I always like George Sanders and his character here was so despicable , he played it perfectly, all in all it was a very enjoyable movie, they don’t make them like that any more.

mackdadday

Juniors
Hereditary - Thought it would be some silly horror but for all of its two hours it never drops the atmosphere for a second resplendant with climatic finish ala Mother! Toni Collette, Gabriel Byrne. Excellent film. 8.5/10

axl rose

Bench
The Simpsons Movie- meh didn't capture the glory days of the show. 5/10

UFO- bit different. A Math student trying to figure out a mysterious binary cipher delivered by a craft that briefly appears over the airport. I liked it but most will not. 6/10

TheParraboy

Staff member
The Nun

Pretty spooky and gripping, better than I thought it might be as not great reviews on it.
The evil nun has a marilyn mason look about her

Vic Mackey

Referee
Flicking around and ended up watching Napoleon Dynamite the other night. Hadn’t seen it for about 10 years. Has aged well, still loved it.

avocado

Juniors
The Usual Suspects. Watched it for the first time since seeing it when it was first released.

Actually enjoyed it more knowing how it ends. Classic.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
There’s a Netflix produced animated film called NextGen which just came out. It’s actually quite decent. My kid has made me watch it about a dozen times but I don’t mind because the animation and sound is really impressive