What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mad Monday

taipan

Referee
I've done some hairy canary things in my youth, but I'm a nobody.And I am no moralist.

Point 1.Pay and other football heads were also there.So much for control.
Point 2.WTF were the staff of the pub doing.Responsible serving of alcohol is part of the Licensing requirements.
Point 3.Licensing mob should hit them hard.
Point 4.We have a serious drought going on, everyone should help,that should continue to be headline news.Not idiots dropping their daks in a pub.
The irony the D.T.plays the high moral ground that's fine, knowing full well having these dumbo acts on the front page helps them sell papers, to keep these crisis merchant journos in jobs.
That paper should have a giant flock of cockatoos drop giant loads of their stuff,on that paper from a great height.

Point 5.Can't understand why these guys don't hire out cabin, or somewhere private .The club has the dosh to pay for out.They could do the dance of the 7 veils no one the wiser.

Point 6.Beattie is over in WA trying to get dosh from the WA ,appears on radio there,and this crap is brought up.

My summary FWIW fine the Club $100k ,individual players also based on their contract(but hefty ones).
I understand a decision will be forthcoming today/tomorrow on the penalty.

I have zero time for the Telegrub,but players who know they will be followed by the paparazzi, continue to offer them golden opportunities.And the brown stuff then hits the fan ,big time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vee

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Point 5.Can't understand why these guys don't hire out cabin, or somewhere private .The club has the dosh to pay for out.They could do the dance of the 7 veils no one the wiser.

I can't believe how many variations of this have popped up in this thread (and elsewhere) and people STILL don't understand.

The club locked themselves inside Belmore Sports Ground, which resulted in listening devices, a journo at the gate badgering them, paps poking camera lenses through the southern end of the ground where the gate is, and flying a chopper over the ground.

If these clowns want a story, they won't let the location of a cabin get in the way.

carcharias

Immortal
I can't believe how many variations of this have popped up in this thread (and elsewhere) and people STILL don't understand.

The club locked themselves inside Belmore Sports Ground, which resulted in listening devices, a journo at the gate badgering them, paps poking camera lenses through the southern end of the ground where the gate is, and flying a chopper over the ground.

If these clowns want a story, they won't let the location of a cabin get in the way.

Ha
f**kin media low life

This is when they tried to hide behind gates.
There were still hundreds of pics of them inside minding their own business.

The DT suggested the club should be fined for telling the camera men to f**k off.

E8331ACD-B471-4919-8133-1CD9754E0805.jpeg

taipan

Referee

I understand that.But purely on what happened with the Belmore incident,wouldn't getting out of town be a better proposition? Or at least stayed indoors? A flying drone could catch photos at Belmore.

That way if they(paps) invaded private property,the club could legally could screw the papers.

Look I don't believe they would have got to the nudity stage, if they hadn't got to the excessively p*ssed.stage.

The media paps are on to the sniff of an oil rag, and they get help from social media wanting to earn a quid.
If you have a Pearce incident now,a guy can sue ,the one who took the photo without consent.

Life's Good

Coach

This is what gets me. In this instance the players, whilst being d/heads, are keeping to themselves & not hurting anyone need to somehow find a hole to hide in & play up but Karl Stefanovic can appear loaded on live TV & is somehow excused as a ‘personality’.

G&GF.

Here’s a thought, why don’t the media focus on, I don’t know, the finals, good blokes like Luke Lewis playing their last few games, tightest T8 etc.

carcharias

Immortal
Media are parasites nowadays.

I remember getting the paper and reading footy articles.
There would be stories about the game and where players came from etc.

Mad Monday rarely got a mention.
The only time there was cameras on players outside of a footy feild was at the judiciary.

Players union should stand up to these merkins and refuse to do any media outside of the post game stuff.
Go on strike .

The dogs players f**ked up but geeze can’t they just have one loose day a year without it being a f**king “ story”?

Kent
Hooper
Rothfield
These merkins are the main culprits in ruining the finals.
I have stopped watching those footy programs on fox because of them.

They f**king shit on about any slight incident for weeks and weeks.

I want to kick that bald wanker in the teeth every time his ugly head appears on the Tele.

They are wrecking the game.
Nobody would’ve known one thing about the dogs if they didn’t make it a bloody big deal.
merkins.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I understand that.But purely on what happened with the Belmore incident,wouldn't getting out of town be a better proposition? Or at least stayed indoors? A flying drone could catch photos at Belmore.

That way if they(paps) invaded private property,the club could legally could screw the papers.

Look I don't believe they would have got to the nudity stage, if they hadn't got to the excessively p*ssed.stage.

The media paps are on to the sniff of an oil rag, and they get help from social media wanting to earn a quid.
If you have a Pearce incident now,a guy can sue ,the one who took the photo without consent.
Some clown would *still* take the opportunity to tip the media off and fly a chopper, drone, or have a journo there.

T-Boon

Coach
Players union should stand up to these merkins and refuse to do any media outside of the post game stuff.
Go on strike .

Not a good idea. What they should do is get together and agree to do the opposite.
It is up to RL player union and clubs to improve the quality of journalism by improving their own media performance.

carcharias

Immortal
Not a good idea. What they should do is get together and agree to do the opposite.
It is up to RL player union and clubs to improve the quality of journalism by improving their own media performance.

Mate
They’ve tried it.
Blokes like Fifita do all the media shit
He does lot of really good stuff that doesn’t get reported .
He’ll give them access.
Yet he does one tiny thing in the heat of the moment and they crucify him.

They will do it to the them regardless.
And they have agendas
Imagine if Fifita swore at the ref the way Thurston did his entire career.

Did they send the spy cameras along to the cowboys mad Monday?
No
Because the dogs are not the media darlings.

I bet the cowboys players got shitfaced too.

If these players were going off at official functions that involved the public then fair enough.

taipan

Referee
Some clown would *still* take the opportunity to tip the media off and fly a chopper, drone, or have a journo there.

Invasion of privacy would be a factor.If it were my photo taken,I'd sue the pricks.
But you're right these pap guys are as bad as their masters ,the media.
The media laps up the crap,then tut tut when it happens.

Timbo

Staff member

It's at the point that they have to go somewhere overseas where there aren't any Aussie tourists who'll recognise them with cameraphones.

A bunch of blokes who just want to have a party at the end of their work year shouldn't require the planning skills of a state visit to pull it off.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I remember the uproar when the Panthers did their Mad Monday on a cruise with waitresses in bikinis. Someone went to lengths to take photos and got their money's worth.

The media will do anything to create a massive story out of nothing.

Not trying to compare this one to the Bulldogs one but there's always going to be some story post Mad Monday.

I wonder what stories will come out on Tuesday.

T-Boon

Coach
Mate
They’ve tried it.

They haven't tried very hard. Look at Flanagan he is one of the worst, most boring media talkers ever. He just does not want to talk to the media about anything (he is still better than our coach Brad Arthur) The collective effort is atrocious.
They have to at least try to turn this narrative around that they are total dumb f**ks.

carcharias

Immortal
They haven't tried very hard. Look at Flanagan he is one of the worst, most boring media talkers ever. He just does not want to talk to the media about anything (he is still better than our coach Brad Arthur) The collective effort is atrocious.
They have to at least try to turn this narrative around that they are total dumb f**ks.

Flano and the players are interviewed by the club before every game.
It is freely available online and on social media and they are fine.

He probably just loathes the other merkins from the media.... I can guess why.

seanoff

Juniors
Yes the Tele went out of their way to get photos. Yes it was a private function.

But

I remember watching an episode of Aust next top model with my daughter (yes, single dad, so i have had to do some things I wouldn’t have done if i had a choice. Lots of Disney, Nickelodeon, Dance Moms etc) and some of the girls were caught by the paid for by the show pap naked. And the host said “dont do anything that can be seen from a public space that might get you unwanted attention”.
This girls didn’t do much wrong but it was a lesson for people with a profile.

Always assume you are being watched. Seriously. And after being told too.

The Tele are vultures but the Bulldogs gave them a chance to feed on the carrion

Angry_eel

First Grade
Point 2.WTF were the staff of the pub doing.Responsible serving of alcohol is part of the Licensing requirements.
Point 3.Licensing mob should hit them hard.
RSA is the biggest scam in Australia. I know people and I have been provided a beer when I should have been told to go home.

carcharias

Immortal
Yes the Tele went out of their way to get photos. Yes it was a private function.

But

I remember watching an episode of Aust next top model with my daughter (yes, single dad, so i have had to do some things I wouldn’t have done if i had a choice. Lots of Disney, Nickelodeon, Dance Moms etc) and some of the girls were caught by the paid for by the show pap naked. And the host said “dont do anything that can be seen from a public space that might get you unwanted attention”.
This girls didn’t do much wrong but it was a lesson for people with a profile.

Always assume you are being watched. Seriously. And after being told too.

The Tele are vultures but the Bulldogs gave them a chance to feed on the carrion

Got a link to the photos?

The Marshall

Juniors
THE NRL has handed down one of its toughest ever sanctions on the Canterbury Bulldogs with a whopping $250,000 fine for their drunken Mad Monday antics.

The Bulldogs were informed of the penalty this afternoon by NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg after the integrity unit completed a snap investigation into the players’ drunken behaviour that hijacked the game on the eve of the finals.

Three players — Adam Elliott, Asipeli Fine and Marcelo Montoya — are also facing individual fines from the Bulldogs totalling $40,000 for their misbehaviour.

In a statement, the NRL said:

“The NRL today issued the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs with a breach notice proposing a fine of $250,000 relating to the club’s post-season function.

CEO Todd Greenberg said the proposed penalty reflects the seriousness of the behaviour and the damage which has been caused to the game.

He said three players are under police investigation and the build up to the first week of the finals series has been badly damaged by the failure of the Bulldogs to properly manage the event.

Mr Greenberg said the NRL had:

• Obtained a report from Bulldogs management on what happened at the event

• Interviewed the club CEO, Andrew Hill

• Reviewed other material relating to the event.

“The club organised the event and failed to implement the most basic of measures to ensure it was conducted in an appropriate way,” Mr Greenberg said.

“The club’s failure to manage the event followed specific directives to all clubs to ensure these type of events do not damage our game.

“The players’ behaviour embarrassed themselves, their club and the game on the eve of the Finals Series.”

The penalty proposed by the NRL has been influenced strongly by the fact that the club organised the event, senior club officials were present and some of the activities took place in an area which is in view of the general public.

“The actions of some players and officials was inexcusable and we are determined to send a message that it will not be tolerated on this occasion — or in the future,” Mr Greenberg said.

“There has been a real improvement in player behaviour this year — and we should all acknowledge that.

“But to have this kind of incident on the eve of our finals is more than disappointing and there has to be a deterrent to ensure we have no repeat of this behaviour.”

Mr Greenberg said the NRL expects the club to take the lead on sanctions against players and staff involved.

He said the club’s response will be taken into consideration when the final penalty is determined.

Mr Greenberg said the Bulldogs have five business days to respond to the breach notice before a final determination is made.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/06947cd5336da0867a4bc5593d3b0fb8

Latest posts