What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Contract 2019 - Who do we keep?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
After having a couple of days to reflect post season I think its pretty clear that while we have a good team, its not a team that can win the premiership in its current incarnation. This is the list of players that we have off contract next year (2019). Who do you think we should keep and who is it time to part ways with?

Bunty Afoa,
Blake Ayshford,
James Gavet,
Shaun Johnson,
Solomone Kata,
Karl Lawton,
Mason Lino,
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad,
Agnatius Paasi,
Isaiah Papali'i,
Ligi Sao,
Lewis Soosemea,

Joseph Vuna

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Im gonna comment more on the 2 big names in that list... For me we can't fork out the big coin again for SJ, he just unfortunately can't be trusted in the big games. I'd be open to re-signing him, but not on the rumoured 1mill or so he is on this year.

The other one for me is Kata. I don't think we can re-sign him on first choice centre money, if he stays it would have to be depth money. The experiment just hasn't worked and with the big money and long term deals we have just put out for our wingers we need centres who can utilise them and get the most value out of them in good ball territory

JJ

Immortal
Bunty Afoa - keep at a sensible price
Blake Ayshford, I'd keep, they'll let go
James Gavet, keep but as a depth prop
Shaun Johnson, reduce contract, let him test the market
Solomone Kata, I'd move on, they'll keep
Karl Lawton, keep as back up
Mason Lino, keep as depth
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, he should move on for opportunities, I'd like to see him stay and be given them here
Agnatius Paasi, keep
Isaiah Papali'i, keep
Ligi Sao, he should move on for opportunities, I'd like to see him stay and be given them here
Lewis Soosemea, keep
Joseph Vuna keep

Big Marn

Juniors
Bunty Afoa - keep at a sensible price
Blake Ayshford, I'd keep, they'll let go
James Gavet, keep but as a depth prop
Shaun Johnson, reduce contract, let him test the market
Solomone Kata, I'd move on, they'll keep
Karl Lawton, keep as back up
Mason Lino, keep as depth
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, he should move on for opportunities, I'd like to see him stay and be given them here
Agnatius Paasi, keep
Isaiah Papali'i, keep
Ligi Sao, he should move on for opportunities, I'd like to see him stay and be given them here
Lewis Soosemea, keep
Joseph Vuna keep

spot on.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Bunty Afoa KEEP - Has a lot of upside and development left in him. Will get fitter and more consistent
Blake Ayshford KEEP - Kata needs to go unless he finds Ken-like off-season improvement.
James Gavet KEEP - Flat year, not uncommon for props after his big 2017. Showed glimpses on Sat
Shaun Johnson UNSURE - Huge year for him. If he can't aim up in big games/we miss finals, gone.
Solomone Kata UNSURE - Again, huge year. If he can't develop a pass or defensive nous, gone.
Karl Lawton KEEP - Decent utility value. If he's cheap, no harm in keeping him
Mason Lino KEEP - Could be our 6 or 7 in 2020. Love his attitude, needs a lot more FG time though
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad GONE - Too

Agnatius Paasi KEEP - Absolute revelation this year. So, so impressive. Upgrade time
Isaiah Papali'i KEEP - Is still 19, will hopefully develop into something great
Ligi Sao GONE - Why keep him when he should be getting a look in but isn't. Head scratcher
Lewis Soosemea UNSURE - Don't know him
Joseph Vuna UNSURE - Too little seen, although he must have something about him to debut on ANZAC Day in Melbourne