What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Broncos NRL Matches Discussion

Nerd

Bench
paul-mcgregor-dragons-628-600x387.jpg
LOL ok I get it.

renouf

Juniors
Side has been managed poorly for last few seasons, makes you wonder if the assistant coach is making any real difference. We've carried Boyd and Thaiday for the last few seasons, Mccullough is too slow for a modern day hooker, Milford isn't a 5/8 and should be at fullback, most of our forwards looked like school boys against the Dragons forwards.

Nerd

Bench
Yes that's correct. I would have liked to be at your special Bronco's party today actually, but finals prep got in the way
Sorry there is a no dickheads policy at Bronco parties which of course rules you out.

gitano

Juniors
Simple dossier on the broncos side.

No chiefs. You need game managers these days.

Too many weak defenders. Roberts, Milford, Nikorima are absolute liabilities. They need lots of time in the sandpit.

They play nothing but highlight reel footy. Roberts makes a break every 12 games and everyone starts frothing. Is it worth it? 25 round competition plus finals and I doubt their grind ability.

Reliance on officials for easy outs and territory.

Other than that you have the makings of an ok footy side

lynx000

Juniors

Too many weak defenders. Roberts, Milford, Nikorima are absolute liabilities. They need lots of time in the sandpit.

They play nothing but highlight reel footy. Roberts makes a break every 12 games and everyone starts frothing. Is it worth it? 25 round competition plus finals and I doubt their grind ability.

Pretty fair summary, and I have to agree re the defence comments.

renouf

Juniors
Defence has been an issue for the last few years.. isn't Demetriou the defence coach?

Roberts hardly sees the ball compared to what he was getting at the Titans

gUt

Coach
"reliance on officials for easy outs and territory"

by how much should we come last on the total penalties received count before this myth is buried?

THE CHAMP

First Grade
They spent too much time conducting their dick measuring comp that nobody noticed there isn't a set of balls to speak of at the top. Bennett and white hang your f**ken heads.
Next year will be significantly better with Gillette, sua and bird all looking for starts.
Fifita is that good maybe he can move into the halves?........... That's a joke but the merkin is a gun

TheFrog

Coach
by how much should we come last on the total penalties received count before this myth is buried?
If you examine penalty counts without attempting to infer they advantaged or disadvantaged any side you'll find that the penalty blitz in the first half of the season almost completely passed the Broncos by. The Broncos were not involved in one match all year with over 20 penalties, whereas these were commonplace up until Origin time.

This is why Broncos received so few penalties. They conceded few penalties as well. Bronco games had on average 14.7 penalties per match. The most penalised side, the Panthers, had 18.4 per match and 6 with over 20 penalties. Almost all of those penalty counts were pretty close, a good deal went our way, very often all one way in the first half and then all the other way in the second, but there were always heaps of penalties in our games.

THE CHAMP

First Grade

Our passing has been pretty shit for some time also

Bronco18

Juniors
No NRLW match discussion?
Ali Brigginshaw carving it up today. She has better game management and kicking game than Niko and Milf put together.

Fair that. Breayley kept things busy around the ruck, could maybe teach Macca a thing or two there as well.

Big Pete

Referee
The NRLW side was a joy to watch. It was refreshing to see some of the best players in key positions ply their craft and lead the team around. I was also appreciative of their defence. There were so many games where the women found themselves defending set after set on their own line and would keep turning them back.

That's where they'll really missing Ballinger and Hancock next year. Those girls were so tough in the middle and brought so much venom, it's going to be difficult finding worthy replacements.

Reactions: gUt

Latest posts