What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2018

Life's Good

Coach
Whilst the Monza qualy battle was focused on Hamilton & Vettel you had Raikkonen sneak in & trump them with the quickest lap in F1 history(in terms of avg lap speed). He took advantage of the slipstream following Vettel & absolutely nailed the lap to perfection. Pretty sure Vettel cracked the sads because he should have been following Raikkonen to get his tow but didn’t get out of the pits in that order.
Hopefully a good race will be on the cards.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was more disappointed that Kimi didn't win than Ricciardo's car failing again.

People are wondering why he has stuck with Renault engines for next year, but you don't see the yellow renaults break down as often as the red bulls.

Any move out of Red Bull means better reliability.

I was more disappointed that Kimi didn't win than Ricciardo's car failing again.

People are wondering why he has stuck with Renault engines for next year, but you don't see the yellow renaults break down as often as the red bulls.

Any move out of Red Bull means better reliability.

Red Bull are changing to getting engine for Honda for 2019 and 2020. In fact if they don't work out red Bull have yet again threatened to walk away from F1 - https://www.foxsports.com.au/motors...r/news-story/e203f653e27b0b60766ca05cad23c6de

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Horner said earlier this year that they expect 2019 to be poor but expect to be a front runner by 2020-21

Dodgy

Juniors
Idk if you guys listen to Macquaire Sports radio. But they have a decent length spot about motorsport on Monday nights. 10pm?

Life's Good

Coach
Jeez Vettel is really blowing his chances for the title
He did it again today with a pretty poor attempt to get past Verstappen(he had speed to leave it for later or wait for Max to serve his penalty).
I think he lost the title the minute he slipped off the track in Hockenheim & hasn’t been able to wrestle back any momentum. Some of the pit calls by Ferrari haven’t helped.
Credit to Hamilton who is just driving on another level.

Storm13

Juniors
Two years in a row have shown Vettel is no longer championship material. Half a dozen current drivers would be leading or right on Hamilton's tail if they were in that Ferrari. Both Red Bull drivers would be leading if they were in that car.

Also Di Resta giving every excuse for Verstappen hitting Raikonen was pathetic.

Life's Good

Coach
Two years in a row have shown Vettel is no longer championship material. Half a dozen current drivers would be leading or right on Hamilton's tail if they were in that Ferrari. Both Red Bull drivers would be leading if they were in that car.

Also Di Resta giving every excuse for Verstappen hitting Raikonen was pathetic.
I’m a massive fan of Alonso & it shows his quality in that he almost won titles in 10 & 12 with an inferior car to Vettel & Red Bull. Vettel, for 2 years running has had a very good car but is clearly unable to capitalise & compounds it with some rookie errors(again, Ferrari haven’t helped at times).
I couldnt agree more with your DiResta comment. Verstappen was totally in wrong & held his position on account of a questionable move. A penalty was warranted, no question.

Storm13

Juniors
I’m a massive fan of Alonso & it shows his quality in that he almost won titles in 10 & 12 with an inferior car to Vettel & Red Bull. Vettel, for 2 years running has had a very good car but is clearly unable to capitalise & compounds it with some rookie errors(again, Ferrari haven’t helped at times).
I couldnt agree more with your DiResta comment. Verstappen was totally in wrong & held his position on account of a questionable move. A penalty was warranted, no question.
Alonso at the worst would've got at least one title in this generation of Ferrari. I don't subscribe to the Alonso is hard to work with argument that F1 commentators/fans try to peddle why he is in the position he currently finds himself in. Feel F1 as a whole has let us down in some form.

Had a friend over for the UFC who doesn't watch F1 even think the excuses for Verstappen were ridiculous. Can't rejoin the track in an unsafe manner and also take the whole track width to get back on. 5 second penalty was ridiculous considering when Kimi lost a position or two in the incident.

Life's Good

Coach
Alonso at the worst would've got at least one title in this generation of Ferrari. I don't subscribe to the Alonso is hard to work with argument that F1 commentators/fans try to peddle why he is in the position he currently finds himself in. Feel F1 as a whole has let us down in some form.

Had a friend over for the UFC who doesn't watch F1 even think the excuses for Verstappen were ridiculous. Can't rejoin the track in an unsafe manner and also take the whole track width to get back on. 5 second penalty was ridiculous considering when Kimi lost a position or two in the incident.

The media does my head in at times. It’s off topic, but for me the classic is how the English media think of Briatore as the devil for crashgate in Singapore. They somehow conveniently forget his complicit technical director, Pat Symonds, now works with Ross Brawn at the FIA & is considered a valuable addition whilst they continue to throw daggers at Briatore.
In other threads here we bag the league media(conflicts of interest, bias, favourites etc.)but I think the same thing is relevant across sport in general.

Parra

Referee
Austin delivers. Again.

Next stop Mexico & hopefully a big showing from Red Bull.

Did anyone catch missionwinnow.com all over the Ferraris? Classic .

Life's Good

Coach
Austin delivers. Again.

Next stop Mexico & hopefully a big showing from Red Bull.

Did anyone catch missionwinnow.com all over the Ferraris? Classic .

It’s an awesome track. The esses are phenomenal from the overhead camera shots. Really happy for Kimi to get the win. It’s really just delayed the inevitable in the title battle. As for the mission winnow sponsorship I’m pretty sure Vettel would like a ‘WIN NOW’.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
f**king stoked Kimi won!

Gutted for Ricciardo again. I don't get why Renault keeps copping the blame though. Surely the people at RB are the problem.
Ricciardo has retired more times in 2018 than both Hulkenberg and Sainz combined

Retirements
Red Bull - 10
Renault - 6

Parra

Referee
He has two wins , Max has made the podium.

Renault have done nothing.

Would you take Danny Ric's season, even with the unreliability, or Sainz's?

I'd vote for pushing the envelope and expecting improvements. RB / Honda will be one to watch. The big hope is that Renault can get the build right for the 2020 regs.