What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 2: Sharks vs Panthers

Doddsy6988

Juniors
Not wrong I guess...but Luke is an absolute dog.

I often don't care about who we sign reputation wise. But Luke is right at the bottom in that category.

Undoubtedly we need leaders in this team.
Fair call. I won’t argue. Haven’t seen this side to him

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Hey lads, top game tonight.

Thought it was a good match between two very even sides but I have to say your ball handling and execution was ordinary. Your second half was much better and we struggled to handle it at times.

In the end we did just enough, but you guys made it difficult with a great fighting spirit.

Hope we’ve get your support in the finals from here on in.

See you next year lads

Cheers

Fangs

Coach
The issue is. We get rid of guys but don't bring in older guys. We will bring up kids again next year and lose Peachey, CHN and Crichton's experience. So we never fix that problem

I know.

We either wait to 'breed' experience or buy it.

I'd rather not wait. Find anyone to play in the middle third with experience. The guy tonight with the most level head was Wallace and he wearing a blue shirt.

Seriously, Maloney shat his pants with 5 to go. He should have been in his element.

We need experience urgently. Good news is we have a decent amount of players with x3 years of finals xp now.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I know.

I'd rather not wait. Find anyone to play in the middle third with experience. The guy tonight with the most level head was Wallace and he wearing a blue shirt.

Seriously, Maloney shat his pants with 5 to go. He should have been in his element.

We need experience urgently. Good news is we have a decent amount of players with x3 years of finals xp now.

The 5 year plan is now heading to 8 years..

magpie4ever

First Grade
The 5 year plan is now heading to 8 years..

Bloody hell Trev, given them heaps but on the general game thread not over on this one.

Than again you never had much grey matter in that melon of yours.

Reckon Guzzy the lardarse will still be in tears

Western Stand

Juniors
There will be plenty of soul searching over the next week or so. We could not have been any more woeful in the first half. I think they were maybe too pumped up and forgot what got them to this stage.

Well done to everyone who turned up tonight. The support was awesome. We may not have the largest fan base but what we lack in size, we make up in passion.

We're young and with a few tweaks, 2019 can be our year.

Enjoy the break boys. You've done us proud.

The fact that people are disappointed with a second week exit is a good sign. Fans are hungry for success and want to go further.

We shouldn’t settle for the second round exit.

But, and it’s a big but.

If Maloney isn’t prepared to quit rep footy then I’d seriously consider trying to find him another club. Sure we probably get to week 1 or 2 of the finals with him, but can we win with a banged up Maloney? I doubt it. That’s time that could be invested in another player.

The other big issue is hooker. Not sure what the hell to do there.

I know the dragons have a very highly rated young guy behind McInnes. Can’t think of his name. But ideally we’d see a combo on an exererinced guy & Egan/Someone else.

Never hated being so right this much in my life but Maloney is f**king garbage. What a mental midget, BIG game player my arse what a fraud. Those penalties were a disgrace

There will be plenty of soul searching over the next week or so. We could not have been any more woeful in the first half. I think they were maybe too pumped up and forgot what got them to this stage.

Well done to everyone who turned up tonight. The support was awesome. We may not have the largest fan base but what we lack in size, we make up in passion.

We're young and with a few tweaks, 2019 can be our year.

Enjoy the break boys. You've done us proud.

I don’t think it’s anything to do with being too pumped.

The first half was a repeat of most of our other games. Errors & discplime issues.

Fangs

Coach
The other big issue is hooker. Not sure what the hell to do there.

I know the dragons have a very highly rated young guy behind McInnes. Can’t think of his name. But ideally we’d see a combo on an exererinced guy & Egan/Someone else.

Purchase another one.

Or, monitor the f**k out of the current hookers this off-season. Get in their ear every fortnight. Deadset the Australian 9 is up for grabs these days, Cook doesn't have a mortgage on it at all. Huge opportunities in the rep spines for all teams. Get motivated!

tripster

Juniors
I was devastated by the result but I don’t think wholesale changes are needed. You’d think from reading this thread that we lost by 40 points, not by 1 point.

We lost to a finals hardened team who had a lot more experience than us in finals matches across the park and it was ultimately our inexperience that cost us more than anything. I haven’t seen the replay but I felt live like none of the 50/50 calls went our way. If even one of those calls had gone the other way that might have been the difference - remembering that we lost by a single point.

We didn’t lose the battle in the middle or the edges. Our biggest issue was dropped ball and penalties in the first half. I really felt that we played in that first half exactly like we did against the Knights and Manly.

franklin2323

Immortal
I know.

I doubt Maloney is anywhere near fit. A few guys are busted but yeah that last 5 mins was shocking.

We lose 12 games final experience ATM. So let's see how we end up

martielang

Bench
Once again I don’t share the Katoa hate. Seems to be an easy scapegoat. Our halves were all over the place tonight, they are the ones being paid the big money. There was the exact same confusion when May came on.

RCG needed to be benched, Tamou needed to start & especially needed to be on the field the last 15 mins. Ridiculous decision sitting your best/most in form middle forward on the bench in the crucial last stages.

Extremely frustrating. We weren’t close to our best & with a bit of composure we still would of got the points.

That short kick off. What a ballsy play.

Purchase another one.

Or, monitor the f**k out of the current hookers this off-season. Get in their ear every fortnight. Deadset the Australian 9 is up for grabs these days, Cook doesn't have a mortgage on it at all. Huge opportunities in the rep spines for all teams. Get motivated!

I think we need to pick who is likely to be the best out of Katoa & Egan and pair them with someone experienced.

Hell I reckon we would’ve been better off with Rein playing 9 this year.

franklin2323

Immortal
Once again I don’t share the Katoa hate. Seems to be an easy scapegoat. Our halves were all over the place tonight, they are the ones being paid the big money. There was the exact same confusion when May came on.

RCG needed to be benched, Tamou needed to start & especially needed to be on the field the last 15 mins. Ridiculous decision sitting your best/most in form middle forward on the bench in the crucial last stages.

Extremely frustrating. We weren’t close to our best & with a bit of composure we still would of got the points.

Look at how many times he took the wrong option. Kept over ruling the halves

OldPanther

Coach

Disagree on Katoa. He's terrible. Agree on Tamou. Our bench is a lot better at the moment.