What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 2: Sharks vs Panthers

Fangs

Coach
Look at how many times he took the wrong option. Kept over ruling the halves

At the most crucial moments as well.

Yes your halves control, but he seemed to have his own ideas.

His kick dead for a 7 tackle set was a good example. Maloney was fuming.

martielang

Bench
Look at how many times he took the wrong option. Kept over ruling the halves

We looked even more disorganised when May came on though. Surely that shows there’s major communication issues or at least mixed signals coming from the halves which is causing confusion, rather than katoa just overruling them. Our whole set up & formation were a rabble tonight.

We looked even more disorganised when May came on though. Surely that shows there’s major communication issues or at least mixed signals coming from the halves which is causing confusion, rather than katoa just overruling them. Our whole set up & formation were a rabble tonight.
The signal from Maloney is pretty f**king clear. He wants the ball to pass it to Kikau flat footed with nothing on. That was his whole gameplan

martielang

Bench

That pulls up half a bounce shorter & it’s a great play. It’s not as if he went for a chip & chase on the 30m line, to me it seemed the right play just with poor execution.

franklin2323

Immortal

Perfect example. At 14-0 we finally got some ball having a good set. 4th tackle he throws a forward pass... They score next set

Fangs

Coach
That pulls up half a bounce shorter & it’s a great play. It’s not as if he went for a chip & chase on the 30m line, to me it seemed the right play just with poor execution.

Quick PTB, halves were set. Of course if he pulls it off its great, but there was a better decision to make.

Thats one of many. He was a clear problem tonight.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Woods not getting penalised with three minutes left when he was two metres to the side of marker is hilarious. Should have had the chance to take the two but certainly not surprised our season's been ended again as a result of complete refereeing incompetence.

franklin2323

Immortal

Like most of our issues it is just inexperience. Was scoreboard watching when all he had to do was get fast crisp service out of dummy half

Fangs

Coach
Woods not getting penalised with three minutes left when he was two metres to the side of marker is hilarious. Should have had the chance to take the two but certainly not surprised our season's been ended again as a result of complete refereeing incompetence.

There were plenty of crap decisions tonight...surely not a game decided by the referees though.

Decided by our incompetence. We should have own this one.

franklin2323

Immortal
That killed me. Couldn't believe it, he has thrown too many this year. You have to learn from it.

Up until Xmas break. Royce should spend a few sessions a week with the hookers. Sort that sort of stuff out. Seem to lose concentration across the team at times in games

Fangs

Coach
Did RCG play today? I saw him on the team sheet but wasn’t sure how he did?

Yeah he had a shocker. Long way off the pace.

With Graham, Gallen and Lewis injured he should have had a big second half.

Next year I guess.

Kilkenny

Coach
Feeling really gutted right now.

Probably would have been easier to take had the Sharks just gone on with the job and put us to the sword rather than claw our way back into the game the way we did.

I thought our fans were terrific tonight really did there job and did us proud.

The deficiencies have been evident the entire season and tonight was more of the same I guess.

You are not going to win too many games when you are behind 18-2 at half time.

It is clear some tweaks to our roster have to be made but I don't think we need to bring any one in.

I am more than happy to put our faith going forward in Dylan Edwards, Stephen Crighton, Jerome Luai, Shawn Blore, Corey Waddell, Nick Lui Toso, Adam Keighran, Liam Martin, Maurice Trindall to name a few to compliment the core of our current NRL side.

Anyway now is not the time for post mortems now is the time to drown our sorrows.

Kilkenny

Coach
Now is not the time to lay blame upon certain individuals.

We went in 18-2 down at half time and that probably say's everything that needs to be said.

It wasn't thru any lack of effort from what I saw at the game, the usual soft tries, poor ball control, maybe some ill discipline although a couple of the penalties conceded were soft and on another day may not have been called against us ie the Peachy high tackle on the fifth tackle was a particularly tough call.

It just wasn't meant to be at the end of the day and no surprise really given the Sharks are a really bogey side for us.