What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Latrell

Travitoh

First Grade
Latrell is the GOAT centre in rugby league. And that includes the other stars in Britain and France. He is simply irreplaceable. What a shame though that the registration of new players is closed, otherwise Trent could have borrowed from Catalans French stars Remi Casty (for Napa) and Tony Gigot (for Latrell) because Catalans cannot make the finals in Super League (too many points to make up).

Kallum Watkins>Latrell Mitchell

Lambretta

First Grade
Do you think the same about the Chambers tackle? They’re very similar in my opinion

I can't say that I've seen it
But the grading was different, so if it was the same all I can do is point at the inconsistency of the review process.

Unfortunately, we live in an imperfect World. Video evidence of something going wrong is sketchy at best. Look at all those tackles from 3 or 4 years ago where the video ref was talking to the on field ref and teams were gaining penalties for any contact with the face at all, no matter how slight. As long as the player stayed down a penalty after contact was made with the head, a penalty was awarded.

Arms brush faces in umpteen tackles. They are not worthy of a penalty as they're not foul play. We got ourselves to the point where it was farcical because we were trying to judge the level of impact from a tv screen. Thankfully people cracked the shits so much we moved away from it.

I am not going to say Dugan faked an injury, but he was fine seconds later and the on-field referee didn't see enough to put Mitchell on report at the time. A penalty was awarded on the day, that should have been the end of it in my opinion.

But others have a different opinion. I get that and I am prepared to live with the decision we have.
There's no point worrying about what has happened. Play on son, the game is there to be won.

Lambretta

First Grade
So how hurt would the player need to be for it to be wrong?

The charge was "dangerous contact" not "sufficiently injured opponent". Its about the unnecessary risk of injury being looked at not the result of the tackle.

I get it - I don't think he was hurt. You do.
Difference of opinion.

I will live with the outcome. Fingers crossed Latrell doesn't do anything daft the next time he plays, such as jumping up to get downward pressure on the player he was tackling. That was really his crime and you're spot on about the unneccessary risk

There were two other players there. Dugan was wrapped up. There was no need for Latrell to do that.

I guess that's why I am disappointed in the outcome and not outraged. Deep down, I know it was stupid.

AJB1102

First Grade
I get it - I don't think he was hurt. You do.
Difference of opinion.

I will live with the outcome. Fingers crossed Latrell doesn't do anything daft the next time he plays, such as jumping up to get downward pressure on the player he was tackling. That was really his crime and you're spot on about the unneccessary risk

There were two other players there. Dugan was wrapped up. There was no need for Latrell to do that.

I guess that's why I am disappointed in the outcome and not outraged. Deep down, I know it was stupid.

Nah I dunno how hurt he was, he said it frightened him a bit being in that situation, but my point was any injury he did or didn't get doesn't come into it.

I want the best players playing the best games mate so I'm not really cheering his suspension, does f**kall for my team now too.

Hopefully the Roosters will beat Souths even without having Latrell playing, and then it will be "Hello Latrell" for the Grand Final, when once again Latrell owns the bitch Chambers.

Lambretta

First Grade
Hopefully the Roosters will beat Souths even without having Latrell playing, and then it will be "Hello Latrell" for the Grand Final, when once again Latrell owns the bitch Chambers.

Why are you automatically assuming we will play Souths?
Don't get me wrong, I would love for Latrell to feature in a Grand Final, but don't write Saints off

Why are you automatically assuming we will play Souths?
Don't get me wrong, I would love for Latrell to feature in a Grand Final, but don't write Saints off

Saints cannot win without their star British five eighth, Gareth Widdop. The lad from Halifax, England, who came through the Melbourne Storm juniors system, is too important for the St. George-Illawarra team to be without him. They will be rudderless. Souths will beat Saints comfortably. It will then be a grinding battle of the forwards between the Roosters and the Rabbitohs.

t-ba

Post Whore
giphy.gif

Mitchell: Will, introduce yourself

The_Shield

Juniors
People overrating Latrells perform, what a surprise. He did two things the whole game, 1- he stepped Chambers to score an easy try & 2- he took Chambers into touch after Chambers received a shit pass from Croft that turned him around and left him with no chance. Other then those two moments Latrell did absolutely nothing. Now granted Chambers didn’t play well but people are way overrating the game Latrell had, I mean come on, did he even touch the ball other then when he scored the try?

Valheru

Coach
People overrating Latrells perform, what a surprise. He did two things the whole game, 1- he stepped Chambers to score an easy try & 2- he took Chambers into touch after Chambers received a shit pass from Croft that turned him around and left him with no chance. Other then those two moments Latrell did absolutely nothing. Now granted Chambers didn’t play well but people are way overrating the game Latrell had, I mean come on, did he even touch the ball other then when he scored the try?

Lol latrelly smashed him... again

Pedge1971

First Grade
Chambers was beaten before he walked on the field. Clearly intimidated by Mitchell and it showed.

Package it how you want Shield but the truth hurts....

The_Shield

Juniors
Mitchell - 59 metres - 10 post contact metres - 4 tackle breaks - 1 offload - 11 tackles

Chambers - 105 metres - 29 post contact metres - 3 tackle breaks - 1 offload - 16 tackles

Yeah Will must be terrified. Now I know that Chambers ain’t gunna get any respect from anyone here but you people gotta stop kissing Latrells arse like he’s the second coming of Jesus or something.