What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade Ivan to Penrith for 2019

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Very exciting to have Bennett, staff and loyal players coming.

Bonus of bonuses, worth 2 ics and....the fouth Reich ( Penrith) will be paying for it!!!

Hook or that cicada guy>>>>bunnies.

There won't be any money. That's why Penrith Panthers signed Ivan for 2021 onwards. If W/T cut Ivan loose, your club will have to pay him out.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yes ...of course that's the way it was planned ...by twofaced multi and / or overlarge chinned arseholes that you're welcome to.

I agree with you it was planned. Planned that Penrith wouldn't have to hand over either money or players. I do suggest you look back over your own forum, and read the 'chortling by fans and members' for almost 2 years about how Nathan was going to come over to W/T.

All of this was done within the rules as they stand.

Your club got played (especially Pascoe) by better poker players. So no arseholes were involved. Nor chins either.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
There won't be any money. That's why Penrith Panthers signed Ivan for 2021 onwards. If W/T cut Ivan loose, your club will have to pay him out.

I guess that has been the Panthers plan all along.

If he is expecting us to pay him out because he is of the belief we are cutting short or reneging on his contract I'd getting him to mop the floors then in 2021 he can toddle off to the Panthers....f#ck him. Don't make it easy for the lying pri#k.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I guess that has been the Panthers plan all along.

If he is expecting us to pay him out because he is of the belief we are cutting short or reneging on his contract I'd getting him to mop the floors then in 2021 he can toddle off to the Panthers....f#ck him. Don't make it easy for the lying pri#k.

I am sure that his contract would say (job description) that Ivan would be coach. To have him mopping floors and the like is a breach of contract and would cost the club big ben big bucks. W/T are now backed into a corner.

I don't think he lied either. He fronted the club when Panthers asked for him. You mighten like it, but he hasn't lied.

I'm sure he's quite happy to see out his contract. Don't think it will be helpful though to the W/T club though. Pscaoe and Go have been well and truely snookered.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I am sure that his contract would say (job description) that Ivan would be coach. To have him mopping floors and the like is a breach of contract and would cost the club big ben big bucks. W/T are now backed into a corner.

I don't think he lied either. He fronted the club when Panthers asked for him. You mighten like it, but he hasn't lied.

I'm sure he's quite happy to see out his contract. Don't think it will be helpful though to the W/T club though. Pscaoe and Go have been well and truely snookered.

He has lied, he said he'd be at the club until 2021, a contract states that.

Mopping the floor is tongue in cheek, he is the one breaching his contract as it stands.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Your club got played (especially Pascoe) by better poker players. So no arseholes were involved. Nor chins either.

Not really. You’re acting like Penrith have pulled off some amazing coup that was impossible. If Ivan ended up at Manly that would have been brilliant poker playing. They’ve got a guy because his son is there. That’s the entirety of it.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He has lied, he said he'd be at the club until 2021, a contract states that.

Mopping the floor is tongue in cheek, he is the one breaching his contract as it stands.

Ivan said he would see out his contract. Since Pascoe and co refused to let him leave early. Interesting times.

Pilot house

Juniors
If Tigers get Bennett, they won’t really care if the betraying sob coaches Australia.

As for breaches, it was the fascists speaking behind the tigers back trying to incite Judas to join them. That is inciting a breach of contract and possibly illegal in itself.

Hiel gus you fat treacherous slob.

Get your grubby paws off the tigers tail.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Not really. You’re acting like Penrith have pulled off some amazing coup that was impossible. If Ivan ended up at Manly that would have been brilliant poker playing. They’ve got a guy because his son is there. That’s the entirety of it.

Some months ago many of W.T forums were chortling loud and long about how Nathan was going to join his dad at W/T. Now how has that turned out ? That was my reference point.

Enjoy having a 70 year old coach. I wonder will a mobility scooter be part of his new deal.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
At the end of the day I don't think Cleary is that good a coach...certainly not elite, so I am happy to see him go. Believe me when I say, it isn't sour grapes but I think he will do more harm than good at the Panthers. He killed our attack, something we have been known for for years....could do that to them!!!!

Pilot house

Juniors
Some months ago many of W.T forums were chortling loud and long about how Nathan was going to join his dad at W/T. Now how has that turned out ? That was my reference point.

Enjoy having a 70 year old coach. I wonder will a mobility scooter be part of his new deal.

I can’t see the origin players and other internationals just out of the photo to his left.

Oh I can’t see all his sponsers to his right.

The fuhrer gus is good at photoshop!

Gus is reliving his glory days when he left panthers and stole Freddy and co. Lol. Then nick dumped him for a new whore.

Panthers playing up is a joke. Sacked hook and the team played worse!

Chill Alice, you are ruining a happy day in Leichhardt.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
I agree with you it was planned. Planned that Penrith wouldn't have to hand over either money or players. I do suggest you look back over your own forum, and read the 'chortling by fans and members' for almost 2 years about how Nathan was going to come over to W/T.

All of this was done within the rules as they stand.

Sorry...ENTIRELY different situation....some supporters here wanted Nathan for when he came on the market hoping his dad would swing his decision. ...me personally. .i hoped he'd stay at the panthers as i was happy with Brooks and am a supporter of juniors staying with their club longterm.
Ivans situation goes this way. ...part way into last year he was given a chance... total support with total freedom to run the team as he wanted. He laid down the law to players to either show loyalty or get off the bus...his legendary ( and now wholly hilarious words)...he talked about the long game and brought players here with that as the selling point....ok...no major moral crimes yet...but he and Mr Feelgood Gus BOTH knew well what our club had been through ....how many times have YOU heard Gould crap on with his .." tell.me rabs....is there anything better than L.O. on a sunday afternoon? ...the hill. ..the fans...tell me rabs ..is there??....blah blah fkn blah!...all about how vitall it is to protect all things warm and fuzzy about RL and how rhe league doesnt understand the spirit of the game....the people...the supporters....all bullshit!...he's just another ( actually the biggest) powerlunch arsehole who's in it for all things Gus Inc. .if he or Ivan had any conscience whatsoever they wouldn't have schemed to sabotage ( and THAT'S what it is) a club 1 ( one) year into a rebuild that was going so well without stealing anything or anyone from anyone to further our interests . You may say that's the way it's done to finish first...no it's NOT....it's only done that way by scheming false arseholes and i cant even remember the last time any other club schemed to torpedo another club to backtrack on a previous mistake OF THEIR OWN making....BIG difference! They're saying a 5 year deal over there....have fun
BTW....nothing personal....you seem like a mostly reasonable fellow.
Bottom line....Ivan should have done the right thing and thrown his total effort into finishing what HE asked to be given the opportunity to start. ...not bail one year in to go coach a son he knew was playing football before he came to us.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Mate, you’ve moved heaven and earth, paid out a coach 2 and a half year salary, gone and got a guy who apparently wasn’t fit to coach your team a couple of years ago, all to keep a 20 year old half. You do realize this family runs your club now?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I was looking mostly for Woody tonight. Then I remembered I had him on ignore. Good luck with Wayne (if you land him) I saw what he did up here in the Hunter. It wasn't nice.

Then I realised that I have Woody on ignore.

Tigers1986

Juniors
With Ivan now committed to leave, there's no point retaining him. His interests cannot be solely on WT for the remaining years of his contract and that's to the detriment of the WT franchise. Yes, he did a good job in bringing us some sound players and instilling some might amongst us, but, when you look at on-field results, we went 15th last year and 9th this year, which is severely under our potential.

IF we happen to acquire Wayne Bennett for 2019, it's nothing but great. He brings an aura, he brings success, he brings motivation to show he can take a battler club deep into September.

I'd like it sorted before pre-season starts. If our coach isn't committed, then why should the players be?