What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade Ivan to Penrith for 2019

Das Hassler

Bench
I’d have been happy for you guys to have both Cleary’s

I was dreading the possibility. ...Ivan wanting. ...no...NEEDING to coach his son above all else.....dressing room rumblings..not if...just when
Oh...and all may be ok for the first little while but over the course of 5 years players will come and go...after awhile Nathan wont be surrounded by supportive childhood friends and the imports may not be as double Cleary Cheery about the dressing room dynamic as the locals were.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
I was looking mostly for Woody tonight. Then I remembered I had him on ignore. Good luck with Wayne (if you land him) I saw what he did up here in the Hunter. It wasn't nice.

Then I realised that I have Woody on ignore.

Thanks for that. Good luck with the guy who’s made 1 finals series in the past 7 years :wink:

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Nah we will be fine. Good actually. Club has made finals every year except for 15. Made finals for 16 and 17 even with mr personality in charge Griffin.

Truth is you will be fine.

I just say that for as long as I can remember most rugby league supporters had a soft spot for the Panthers because they were perennial losers. Gould learnt how to be a whore to Politis and learnt the only way to win is buy a comp. It worked for the Rooster this year. He is trying to take that attitude to Penrith and now people are seeing the Penrith to be pimping itself at all costs.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Truth is you will be fine.

I just say that for as long as I can remember most rugby league supporters had a soft spot for the Panthers because they were perennial losers. Gould learnt how to be a whore to Politis and learnt the only way to win is buy a comp. It worked for the Rooster this year. He is trying to take that attitude to Penrith and now people as seeing the Penrith to be pimping itself at all costs.

I think perhaps you have taken some poetic licence here.

Panthers are not buying a comp. Panthers are developing a comp with their own local juniors. Something that your club should be doing too. Bringing through juniors.

Panthers have grown up under Gould and become more professional. No more giving away loads of our developed juniors. We keep the best ones ourselves.

Pilot house

Juniors

Panthers are not buying a comp. Panthers are developing a comp with their own local juniors. Something that your club should be doing too. Bringing through juniors.

Panthers have grown up under Gould and become more professional. No more giving away loads of our developed juniors. We keep the best ones ourselves.

So you don’t have a salary cap?

Maybe the fuhrer fixed that for you too.

You guys are the Manly of the West!

BrotherJim05

Bench
2019 Tigers:

1. Isaako
2. Nofa
3. Marsters
4. Boyd
5. Oates
6. Mybe
7. Brooks
8. Lodge
9. Liddle
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. Pangai Jnr
13. Taylor

14. Packer
15. Twal
16. Matterson
17. Reynolds

Not going to happen

Tigers Tale

Juniors

Actually I will retract some of what I said, yes, you do bring through juniors and that is to be admired.

My point is more that what Gould learnt under Uncle Nick; that is, you just tread on anyone to get what you want. The hate everyone has for the Rorters stemmed from that. I'd hate to see the Panthers be in that league as well. Yeah, you are fortunate enough to have money to have good facilities but you don't want to be tarnished with the reputation Gould is quickly building for you. You have certainly lost the 'poor old penny panthers' label with most other supporters of the game.

Vic Mackey

Referee
2019 Tigers:

1. Isaako
2. Nofa
3. Marsters
4. Boyd
5. Oates
6. Mybe
7. Brooks
8. Lodge
9. Liddle
10. Matulino
11. Lawrence
12. Pangai Jnr
13. Taylor

14. Packer
15. Twal
16. Matterson
17. Reynolds

Not going to happen

You’re right it won’t happen

Momimorovski will hold out Boyd for left center

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think we all need to remember this is us, good things don’t happen here. I’m still expecting us to have Wayne lined up so we release Ivan, then On his his way to sign the contract Wayne changes his mind and we end up with Paul Langmack.

Pilot house

Juniors
It’s been fun with this tonight a lot of fans will wake up to the news tomorrow.

Lol Bennett’s been denying discussions....

That means his bags are packed.

innsaneink

Referee
With Ivan now committed to leave, there's no point retaining him. His interests cannot be solely on WT for the remaining years of his contract and that's to the detriment of the WT franchise. Yes, he did a good job in bringing us some sound players and instilling some might amongst us, but, when you look at on-field results, we went 15th last year and 9th this year, which is severely under our potential.

IF we happen to acquire Wayne Bennett for 2019, it's nothing but great. He brings an aura, he brings success, he brings motivation to show he can take a battler club deep into September.

I'd like it sorted before pre-season starts. If our coach isn't committed, then why should the players be?
...meanwhile Ciraldo...or whoever...btw who IS coaching them for the next couple?
Im sure whoever it is, they'll put their hear & soul into it knowing they'll be replaced in 24 months or probably sooner.
Yeah...theres that stability word Woods kept searchin for

Latest posts