What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

ThingFish

Juniors
We need more back rowers of quality.

At this rate Sam will be playing second row with Murray at lock and with Douiehi injured first couple of months and Clark having left our bench looks dodgy.

Fui linked to Penrith too.

Who knows what’s happening with Musgrove and Turner. I can’t see any team taking either.

From what I’ve heard Zane needs to fix his discipline and attitude.

Bench looks like:

Burns
Britt
Nicholls
Tatola

Allen
Dillon
????
????
Yeah, definitely need some fire power and hopefully that will happen. What I was trying to say was that the second string player rumours, like J Johns and JJ Felise, that are around at the moment could be the club needing to put together a competitive NSWCup next year. I can’t see Felise playing many NRL games and Johns spent more time with the Western Suburbs Rosellas than the Newcastle NSWCup side this year.

handyman2190

Bench
Yeah, definitely need some fire power and hopefully that will happen. What I was trying to say was that the second string player rumours, like J Johns and JJ Felise, that are around at the moment could be the club needing to put together a competitive NSWCup next year. I can’t see Felise playing many NRL games and Johns spent more time with the Western Suburbs Rosellas than the Newcastle NSWCup side this year.
Apparently injured much of the year, i dont know much about felice

CAFPOW

Juniors
I couldn't read the article because it went to pay wall but it looks like the recent scandals is set to put us through some 'sponsorship pain.' Anyone have anymore details? I hope it's not anything really bad!

according to the telecrap, starting next season crown will no longer sponsor souths
and fujitsu could exit as well because of the "sexting scandal". we're loosing $2.5m
in sponsorship

Last edited:

Thumper

Juniors
according to the telecrap, starting next season crown will no longer sponsor souths
and fujitsu could exit as well because of the "sexting scandal". we're loosing $2.5m
in sponsorship

Even though the owner of crown is also an owner in the club. Although I recall something about crown not renewing sponsorship after this year ages ago.

callmack1

Staff member
in sponsorship
Ooooh shit, that's not good news at all, could be a big blow. Let's hope the club can sort it out.

ThingFish

Juniors
Wow!! If they take the captaincy off of him I can see him slipping backwards and maybe even wanting out. Big call. Seibs has a big job in the off season getting that team vibe back before RD 1. Plus I don’t understand how we’ve gotten ourselves under cap pressure, while other clubs are handing out million dollar contracts like dollar bills at a strip club.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well at this rate our first grade depth isn’t looking as good as this year.

We may have to rely on these kinds of players.

GGTSS

Juniors
Fui has left according to The Mole:

Panthers raid Bunnies' playing stocks

Penrith have made their first significant signing for next year, picking up talented Souths utility Tyrell Fuimaono.

A powerhouse centre or second-rower, Fuimaono is a Panthers junior who spent time at Parramatta, where he made the 2016 NYC team of the year.

He looked the goods at Souths last season, making his NRL debut and playing 15 games.

Injuries hampered his progress this year - in round two he played nearly half a game with a badly dislocated big toe - and he managed just five top grade appearances.

But the Panthers are convinced that once he regains full fitness, Fuimaono will again become a regular top liner.

handyman2190

Bench
Fui has left according to The Mole:

Panthers raid Bunnies' playing stocks

Penrith have made their first significant signing for next year, picking up talented Souths utility Tyrell Fuimaono.

A powerhouse centre or second-rower, Fuimaono is a Panthers junior who spent time at Parramatta, where he made the 2016 NYC team of the year.

He looked the goods at Souths last season, making his NRL debut and playing 15 games.

Injuries hampered his progress this year - in round two he played nearly half a game with a badly dislocated big toe - and he managed just five top grade appearances.

But the Panthers are convinced that once he regains full fitness, Fuimaono will again become a regular top liner.
Huge lose we need to recruit replacements urgent,im worried he wanted a reported 400k is that what penrith paid? He probably replaced canterbury bound haraweara

Travitoh

First Grade
Wow!! If they take the captaincy off of him I can see him slipping backwards and maybe even wanting out. Big call.

Imo, if he spits the dummy at being disciplined for his actions then he can go.
No one is bigger than the club and as captain, his actions not only reflect on the clubs image but also the standards that players within it should be held to.

ThingFish

Juniors
Imo, if he spits the dummy at being disciplined for his actions then he can go.
No one is bigger than the club and as captain, his actions not only reflect on the clubs image but also the standards that players within it should be held to.
Yeah, after the Denver incident Sutto took his punishment like a man. Plus it would definitely free up some cap space:grinning:

callmack1

Staff member
In regards to GI, I personally would keep him captain but the club certainly does need to dicipline him in some way because it's not the Souths way!

Fui is actually a pretty big loss I reckon and I'm disappointed to see we couldn't retain him.

Latest posts