What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

Asquith will be announcing some big signings in the coming weeks. A handful of players with ISP and QRL experience will be added to their squad. Asquith to be a massive force next season after a full pre season under Weisner and his staff.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Asquith announced all those signings this morning on their FB page

thorson1987

Coach
Would seem pointless for 2 nrl clubs to share 1 isp club

It's worked before.

5001496-3x2-940x627.jpg

kbw

Bench
Any talk about what Cabra is doing coach wise etc next year, I missed the presentation night and wondered if that was talked about

imgunawin72

Juniors
Any talk about what Cabra is doing coach wise etc next year, I missed the presentation night and wondered if that was talked about
I wasn't there. I heard the bloke who coached A grade this year will be taking over as SS coach for 2019

imgunawin72

Juniors
I heard something else interesting - apparently they dropped the hooker and captain Tom Harris for the last game of the year, I had presumed he was injured.
It would seem that backfired when they got beaten by st Mary’s.
Word is he wasn’t at presentation n not coming back for 2019

defunk

Juniors
I really think the knights (or someone) should have ISP TEAM on central coast, the area up there deserves that at least...

kbw

Bench
I heard something else interesting - apparently they dropped the hooker and captain Tom Harris for the last game of the year, I had presumed he was injured.

I knew he had to have an operation due to an infection but thought that was what it was all about, I though he in the "good books"

imgunawin72

Juniors
I knew he had to have an operation due to an infection but thought that was what it was all about, I though he in the "good books"
Maybe Chris Yates was trying to move him on so his son Jayden can be pushed up the grades

imgunawin72

Juniors
Jayden Yates got the top award for cabra senior players for last season. Apparently the other players thought it was a joke

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't even wanna hazard a guess with RMC and Shield, but I'm gonna attempt to piece together the teams for next year in ISP and Flegg (because why not):

ISP
Blacktown Workers - Manly
Canterbury - Canterbury
Mounties - Canberra
Newcastle - Newcastle
Newtown - Cronulla
North Sydney - Roosters
Penrith - Penrith
St Geo Illa - St Geo Illa
South Sydney - South Sydney
Warriors - Warriors
Wentworthville - Parramatta
Wests Magpies - Wests Tigers
  • 12 team competition
  • Wyong out, Rabbitohs in.
  • Norths shift allegiance from Souths to Roosters for feeder club.
  • Not sure there are any other changes?
Jersey Flegg
Canberra
Canterbury
Cronulla
Manly
Newcastle
Parramatta
Penrith
St Geo Illa
South Sydney
Sydney Roosters
Victoria Thunderbolts (Storm)
Wests Tigers
  • 12 team competition
  • Canberra take back their team from Mounties
  • Norths I presume are gone with Souths bringing back their own side, and the Roosters haven't said anything indicating their U20 side would migrate to Norths (the media release on both sites only mentions ISP). Even if that happens, it's one or the other so a team is culled.
  • Victoria come in as Storm's feeder.
  • I understood the Warriors were pulling their team out, does that sound right?

Last edited:

100% Correct mate. Tom was fit and ready to go for the game against St Marys and Yates said he didn't want him to play. I've heard he is thinking of giving the game away. Top bloke and a very good player. Was their captain and didn't deserve to be treated like that. Jayden Yates is a good young player but found it bizarre that he received the senior player of the year considering he only played half a season at Cabra after SG Ball commitments.