What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

kdalymc

Bench
To the uninitiated, the National Rugby League is the national competition for Rugby League.

Likewise, the National Basketball League is the national competition for Basketball League.

I'm guessing that @Pommy is implying the name "Rugby League", especially as "NRL", doesn't really suggest that there are two rugby codes unless you have prior knowledge.
Spot on, I stated earlier the money would have been better spent fixing our name...
I wore a broncos jersey in Ireland, and this bloke goes “ah the NRL, we’re good at rugby”

So imagine if no one knew anything about these sports:
View attachment 24412View attachment 24413View attachment 24414
Branding isn't meant to tell you everything about a sport.
like I said, EVERYONE on earth knows these, people in w.a think the NRL is the national RUGBY league...

gzerounian

Juniors
They could have just used the first letter from each of the clubs mascots for more consistency on the club logos.

MOCKUP:
Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 1.57.03 pm.png

gzerounian

Juniors
except it looks shit and is hardly unique when they share the same letters!
Point taken..they look shit! I get it. But seriously these designs below are embarrassing. They look like a rushed after thought. The dog has one leg sticking out ffs and the panther looks like a bear. They're not even necessary.
Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 2.58.34 pm.png

Perth Red

Post Whore
The dog looks like it is climbing out of an upturned kennel lol. I really dont get what the NRL are trying to do with these abortions? Look like the worse clipart cut and paste jobs ever. It's like they've decided the most important part of their logo is the shield outline, weirdly with a chunk missing when there is no telstra logo, and that will carry into the brands of everything. Maybe if they replaced the Telstra logo with a rugby ball when the Telstra logo isnt used it might have looked a bit better?

Last edited:

Zerô

Juniors
I would have done the shields in the most iconic jersey for the clubs.

Examples; StGI- shield w/ red V, Sharks- shield w/ black hoops and white centre, SS- shield w/ red and green hoops etc etc you get the idea.

Warriors and Titans could be tricky.

Frailty

First Grade
like I said, EVERYONE on earth knows these, people in w.a think the NRL is the national RUGBY league...

Firstly, people only know those now but as some stage they didn't. The NHL has always used the same idea of shield with NHL. MLS is not as mainstream as you would think, and has only increased in popularity with the current logo.

As for people in the WA thinking that the NRL is the National RUGBY League - where's the problem? I swear Rugby League fans have this odd fixation on moving on from the rugby name. There is a reason rugby remains in the name of the sport - because it IS RUGBY. If the game wants to promote itself, it can benefit from the Rugby name.

gzerounian

Juniors
The best looking app icon on my phone has been replaced by this rubbish. Atari 2600 graphics might be the hipster in thing at the moment, but this fad will age very quickly. Also why haven't they used the competition logo for the app icon?
IMG_20181025_153930.jpg

My new favourite app icon

IMG_20181025_155301.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't think the team logos will see much use tbh.
Precisely. The clubs will continue to use their main logos for most cases. These might see use on some membership pages and some of the NRL's digital stuff but mostly they're just there for show

GAZF

First Grade
The best looking app icon on my phone has been replaced by this rubbish. Atari 2600 graphics might be the hipster in thing at the moment, but this fad will age very quickly. Also why haven't they used the competition logo for the app icon?
View attachment 24426

My new favourite app icon

View attachment 24427
I think the new logo really stands out on my phone. The old app logo sort of just blended into the background with a lot of lost detail, looked good on the load screen though.

h
The dog looks like it is climbing out of an upturned kennel lol. I really dont get what the NRL are trying to do with these abortions? Look like the worse clipart cut and paste jobs ever. It's like they've decided the most important part of their logo is the shield outline, weirdly with a chunk missing when there is no telstra logo, and that will carry into the brands of everything. Maybe if they replaced the Telstra logo with a rugby ball when the Telstra logo isnt used it might have looked a bit better?
The souths one is just their logo ontop of the shield. they haven't changed it to fit the others at all

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think the new logo really stands out on my phone. The old app logo sort of just blended into the background with a lot of lost detail, looked good on the load screen though.
I think @gzerounian simply doesn't like the new logo and will rant about anything to prove it.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Sorry, I didn’t mean the logo had much to do with “the 2 rugby’s” but more so our sport is unknown, it seems backwards going to a logo that is a shape and two v’s.
Everyone knows a NIke swoosh, or Adidas 3 stripe.
Wtf is a shape and 2 v’s and the main word is PREMIERSHIP

All good for me and Johnny Bogan down the pub, but show this new logo to a yank...

I dont know why you would think the old one would be any more recognisable to said Yank....