What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Only way we are going to be able to sign any of Leilua, Rapana or Hayne is if we manage to offload some players.

Don't see this happening.

Would love to sign one FG prop like Fonua Blake or Tapau. Feel we need another top prop for prop rotation.

We have gone down the road of 2 bargain basement wingers and have Mann and Lomax as possible wingers.

Mary believes in Aitken and Lafai so the only likely signing would be Hayne for the Full Back role.

BLM01

First Grade
The coaching merry go round as just sped up a notch. My guess and its not hard will be in 2019
Penrith - Cleary
Tigers - Madge
Souths - Bennett (done apparently)
Horses - Siebold (as above)
Manly - Des (done seen him in a manly top)
Dragons - Mary (come on Mary run harder you can catch it).

Drag Queen

Bench
The coaching merry go round as just sped up a notch. My guess and its not hard will be in 2019
Penrith - Cleary
Tigers - Madge
Souths - Bennett (done apparently)
Horses - Siebold (as above)
Manly - Des (done seen him in a manly top)
Dragons - Mary (come on Mary run harder you can catch it).
Personally I think Cleary would be mad to go to the Panthers. Would he have any autonomy under Gould? I highly doubt it. I'm not even sure it would be in the best interest of Nathan Cleary. I am fairly sure his father has a strong input into his game plan already.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Personally I think Cleary would be mad to go to the Panthers. Would he have any autonomy under Gould? I highly doubt it. I'm not even sure it would be in the best interest of Nathan Cleary. I am fairly sure his father has a strong input into his game plan already.

Within two years, either Gould sacks Cleary again or Gould resigns.
Place your bets.

BLM01

First Grade
I think it may be awkward but too late he will be there if not next year in 20 or 21, but the rush is on for 19.

BLM01

First Grade
We could have got Bennett, Hasler, Maguire and Cleary before he signed with Wests??????
TBH..I did not want any of those 4 so I am happy all these clubs are jumping over one another to sign blokes that are either at the end or left clubs on sour notes. Cleary has a worse record than Mary. Dont want Mary, Toovey for me going forward

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I heard a few weeks ago that Gould/Barrett were on their way to the Dragons!

If true, l would be concerned but Gould won't come to the Dragons, he'd butt too many heads.
Barrett won't come back as a first grade coach either cause he knows we fans are over having underdone coaches and would get roasted.

Sorry CD ............. think you heard wrong ole mate.

I really say he is.

Mary is NOT a well rounded coach, but at least he has the capacity for success in some way. Barrett was a deer in headlights for 2 whole years.

Yep clearly the best painter in the Gong, and arguably the best coach at our club.

Thankfully we have a strong forward pack and quality halves.

2018 proved a drovers dog could take us to the finals.

Imagine if we had a top coach !

Country Dragon

Juniors
If true, l would be concerned but Gould won't come to the Dragons, he'd butt too many heads.
Barrett won't come back as a first grade coach either cause he knows we fans are over having underdone coaches and would get roasted.

Sorry CD ............. think you heard wrong ole mate.
I said the same thing to this bloke, he just said that’s the rumour getting around the club he coaches in the Gong!

Latest posts