What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Point taken..they look shit! I get it. But seriously these designs below are embarrassing. They look like a rushed after thought. The dog has one leg sticking out ffs and the panther looks like a bear. They're not even necessary.
View attachment 24423

Souths is the only one that looks any good, the rest just werent designed for this.

I would have done the shields in the most iconic jersey for the clubs.

Examples; StGI- shield w/ red V, Sharks- shield w/ black hoops and white centre, SS- shield w/ red and green hoops etc etc you get the idea.

Warriors and Titans could be tricky.

Good idea. This is my 2 minute attempt:

44771220_1887130911340707_369343023969992704_n.jpg

44728418_1887130908007374_6195954425761103872_n.jpg

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
That's because when it was established it was a Rugby League, League was the name of a Rugby competition and really still is. Rugby 13 would have been a good name and said a lot about the game.

If we are keen to move away from "Rugby", i think an acronym would be best and easiest to push (It woulds perfectly for MMA/UFC)...

"NRL" would work, but it has problems. Something more descriptive of the sport itself would be better, but i cant think of anything off the top of my head.

unforgiven

Bench
If we are keen to move away from "Rugby", i think an acronym would be best and easiest to push (It woulds perfectly for MMA/UFC)...

"NRL" would work, but it has problems. Something more descriptive of the sport itself would be better, but i cant think of anything off the top of my head.
I'm not keen to move away from Rugby, we are Rugby. Not an acronym but how about R13 or RL13 to avoid the R18 comparison. I do really like Rugby 13 though.

Nuke

Staff member
I dont know why you would think the old one would be any more recognisable to said Yank....
I suppose with the old one you can at least google 'NRL' if you saw the logo somewhere and wanted to know more, whereas how do you google search a logo if you have no text in which to type in (using the basic logo minus all the 'Telstra NRL Premiership' text ... just the pure logo by itself). You could google search 'T' as that would be the only letter on there, but I don't think you'd get very far!

Nuke

Staff member
Anything suggesting it remains pure speculation for now. The only changes currently are the minor adjustments to the corp logo and the full change of the premiership logo
Unless you know someone in the NRL...;)
When I asked my mate about them, back when I first asked if the new logo was indeed gonna be the new logo, he said that the state leagues' logos would remain as they are for now, but will likely be looked at to simplify in the future.

Meaning the thought to do them has been made, but little more than that.

carcharias

Immortal
How do the poor docile yanks ever cope with the soccer and gridiron both being called football?

Geezuz

Just out of curiosity I clicked on the NRL ap on my phone and the first page says
NRL Telstra premiership in plain black and white.
Then it went to a page with all these rugby league stories and photos.
I might google NRL just so I don’t get confused as to what it means.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Unless you know someone in the NRL...;)
When I asked my mate about them, back when I first asked if the new logo was indeed gonna be the new logo, he said that the state leagues' logos would remain as they are for now, but will likely be looked at to simplify in the future.

Meaning the thought to do them has been made, but little more than that.
I'm not saying it'll never happen but "likely" and "in the future" imply that it's not in the plans right now. That's my point, they're staying as is for now.

gzerounian

Juniors
Warriors 2019 logo
I won't comment on the font as I don't want to be seen as being negative but I LOVE how they have clearly stated its their 25th season to avoid all the confusion we have had in the past with clubs celebrating establishment milestones.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Looks more and more likely they'll be ditching the stripes as suggested by some earlier in this thread.

Doubt they'd be amping a build up for the same design

gzerounian

Juniors
Also looks like the nrl logo will be sitting on a slightly bigger shield behind it. I wonder if every club will have a white logo and only get to choose the background colour or if they get to choose both. It's a black and white logo. For all we know the logo in the photo may be red?
IMG_20181026_162447.jpg

Prometheus

Juniors
Are the Warriors only changing their logo and jersey back to Auckland colours for next season, or is it permanent?

And if it is permanent, are they planning on reverting to the name "Auckland" instead of "New Zealand"?

Latest posts