What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Pre-Season

callmack1

Staff member
The start of the 2019 Pre-Season is not far away now so I thought it'd be a good time to get this thread up and running once again!! I don't actually know the date that we start but it's not far away!

Really, really excited for this Pre-Season, I think it's gonna be a big one for a lot of players, hopefully it will be under Wayne Bennett.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We are due to commence Pre-Season on the 12th of November.
Hopefully Seibs is gonski altogether by then.

I thought it was next week but with us deep into the finals I guess that’s why.

Looking at our best 22 currently I’ll name what Inthink but obviously it will change with player movement.

AJ
Campbell
GI
Gagai
Jennings
Cody
AR
Tom
Cook
Nicholls
Sutton
Sam
Murray

Britt
George
Tatola
Musgrove

Allen
Dillon
Sironen
Mcilwrick
Burns

I didn’t include Douiehi as he’s injured.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Hopefully Seibs is gonski altogether by then.

I thought it was next week but with us deep into the finals I guess that’s why.

Looking at our best 22 currently I’ll name what Inthink but obviously it will change with player movement.

AJ
Campbell
GI
Gagai
Jennings
Cody
AR
Tom
Cook
Nicholls
Sutton
Sam
Murray

Britt
George
Tatola
Musgrove

Allen
Dillon
Sironen
Mcilwrick
Burns

I didn’t include Douiehi as he’s injured.

Based on last year I wouldn’t expect to see Musgrove in the 17 anytime soon if Seibs is coaching. I think it’s more likely Burns would be on the bench.

I think a lot of people didn’t like the strategy of carrying a utility but I did quite like the idea. I think when injuries occurred throughout the year our utility definitely saved us. What I thought was a bit strange though was when we were sitting a forward on the bench for the whole game. Don’t know what was up with that.

It’ll also be interesting to see the progress that Allan makes throughout the preseason. I’m very keen for the 2019 season already. I do think AJ is still a class winger so I hope we hold onto him. If it came down to it I think I’d choose AJ over Graham on the wing.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Based on last year I wouldn’t expect to see Musgrove in the 17 anytime soon if Seibs is coaching. I think it’s more likely Burns would be on the bench.

I think a lot of people didn’t like the strategy of carrying a utility but I did quite like the idea. I think when injuries occurred throughout the year our utility definitely saved us. What I thought was a bit strange though was when we were sitting a forward on the bench for the whole game. Don’t know what was up with that.

It’ll also be interesting to see the progress that Allan makes throughout the preseason. I’m very keen for the 2019 season already. I do think AJ is still a class winger so I hope we hold onto him. If it came down to it I think I’d choose AJ over Graham on the wing.
My theory re Musgrove is in regards to Bennett coming and helping turn Musgrove around.

Sadly though it looks like we are stuck with Seibs for 2019 and I’m not happy about it. I think it will be a wasted and ordinary year.

Well AJ and GI it’s believed had an argument. AJ wants to play fullback. We aren’t gonna make a grand final with him at fullback. Problem is his positional play is all out plus he does not attempt tackles in defence. He also panics when he should be running the ball instead and throws these silly passes. He fades in and out of games too much.

If Bennett comes I’m excited. If Seibs stays next year I’m not excited. I wouldn’t wanna play for a coach whose heart isn’t South Sydney........... he used us as a scapegoat.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
My theory re Musgrove is in regards to Bennett coming and helping turn Musgrove around.

Sadly though it looks like we are stuck with Seibs for 2019 and I’m not happy about it. I think it will be a wasted and ordinary year.

Well AJ and GI it’s believed had an argument. AJ wants to play fullback. We aren’t gonna make a grand final with him at fullback. Problem is his positional play is all out plus he does not attempt tackles in defence. He also panics when he should be running the ball instead and throws these silly passes. He fades in and out of games too much.

If Bennett comes I’m excited. If Seibs stays next year I’m not excited. I wouldn’t wanna play for a coach whose heart isn’t South Sydney........... he used us as a scapegoat.

I would love if Musgrove made a resurgence. He has the ability to be a top first grader. I remember we had a game against parra a few years ago when Andrew Johns said “this kid will be a starter in no time”.

The way I see it is that it’s a standoff regarding money. Bennett is on a big contract and Seibold is on a small contract. If Broncos are willing to payout Bennett’s contract then they’ll definitely swap. I think we’ll see Bennett here next year though.

I know where you’re coming from with AJ at fullback but I still think he’s a class winger thats on a decent contract. So if he wants to stay and play wing then I say we let him do it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Wow. So we’ll know 24 of our 30 by noon tomorrow. That’s a good thing.
Who knows what’s happening with Musgrove and AJ then.

Imagine if we leave Turner off the list too.

Nothing official yet re Jennings or Sutto either.

It all seems a bit of a shambles..

ThingFish

Juniors
Who knows what’s happening with Musgrove and AJ then.

Imagine if we leave Turner off the list too.

Nothing official yet re Jennings or Sutto either.

It all seems a bit of a shambles..
Would be very interesting to get a hold of that list of players that Richo is shopping around the Super League. Turner, Musgrove and AJ will be on the NRL.com list Friday, because they are currently signed for 2019. Doesn’t mean they’ll start the season though. I don’t really know the point of the 24 list, because we know most our squad is contracted for 2019. Sutto and Jennings will be interesting though. Anyway will be some interesting lunch time reading. Definitely is the silly season.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
The wheels are in motion!! 2019 Pre-Season officially kicks off for us today!!!

callmack1

Staff member
I believe we get more experienced players returning to training this week with those that have completed at least four NRL Pre-Seasons coming back.

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Now that Bennett is coming I expect that GI will be moved back to fullback. I don’t know what kind of backline you guys are expecting but I think we could see a backline of maybe

1. GI
2. AJ
3. Gagai
4. Jennings
5. Graham

You would think we debut Allan somewhere in the 2-5 positions but how early you can never know. I’m also not sure who would be a better centre out of Jennings and Graham. I’d possibly even like to see Burns put his hands up. I liked what I saw of Burns last season.

Travitoh

First Grade
Now that Bennett is coming I expect that GI will be moved back to fullback. I don’t know what kind of backline you guys are expecting but I think we could see a backline of maybe

1. GI
2. AJ
3. Gagai
4. Jennings
5. Graham

You would think we debut Allan somewhere in the 2-5 positions but how early you can never know. I’m also not sure who would be a better centre out of Jennings and Graham. I’d possibly even like to see Burns put his hands up. I liked what I saw of Burns last season.

Has Jennings actually re-signed yet? If not, that's where Burns slots in.