What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Leagues Club board sacked, administrator appointed

emjaycee

Coach
Here is my somewhat simplistic take on the whole issue.
72 people are aligned with the ideals of 2 others, both former directors, one of whom is no longer allowed to be a director due to numerous rulings, the other who was a director as part of the last board but was not named by the NRL. This person is a career politician and is constantly attempting to clear his name from the mud that stuck when the whole board was sacked. He spoke on Thursday evening and managed to alienate 2 strong migrant groups and a range of other members in an attempt to show that he was not at fault in the whole salary cap debacle of 2016. The first person has about 50 or so people in his supporter base and the second dude about 20.
These 70 odd people are holding a club with 25000 eligible voting members to ransom based on the apathy of those 25000 members to not bother turning up to vote. The main problem is the condition that requires 75% to vote in favour of the change. Max got 65% (a clear majority) but not enough under the constitution.

Max has 3 choices as I see it.
1. Wait them out - i.e. wait another 12 months and try again to get the changes passed.
2. Appeal to ILGA that the majority voted for the changes and the 75% condition should be put aside in this instance.
3. Determine a means to get more voters and hence dilute the percentage of the 72 dissenters.

As I understand it, he is currently favouring options 2 and then 1 (in that order).
I have spoken to him numerous times and given him some suggestions regarding #3 however they seem to have fallen on deaf ears at this stage. I will be planning to meet with him again in the next 2 weeks to further put forward my ideas for option 3 as he may be more amenable given Thursday nights result.

EDIT: Interestingly Max did propose to the protagonists that he select 5 members of the initial board and 2 be voted on by members, however this was rejected. Interestingly the 2nd person I mentioned above wants back on the Board and only polled 6th in the election where they were successful.

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hey mate ...Outstanding recap except the guy you are referring to is Paul Garrard... another f**kwit!!

I think mark Pigram is s former councillor who got in the face of fitzy about 2 or 3 times and tried to publicly shame him... you can say what you want about Dennis but as life member and hall of famer he at least deserves the respect from members for the services at the club.. this pugram tried to bully and intimidate him in front of members .. he is simply put, a piece of shit

emjaycee

Coach
Hey mate ...Outstanding recap except the guy you are referring to is Paul Garrard... another f**kwit!!

I think mark Pigram is s former councillor who got in the face of fitzy about 2 or 3 times and tried to publicly shame him... you can say what you want about Dennis but as life member and hall of famer he at least deserves the respect from members for the services at the club.. this pugram tried to bully and intimidate him in front of members .. he is simply put, a piece of shit
I was referring to Garrard, I just didnt want to name him.
EDIT: Pigwhistle as I like to call him, doesn't enter my thoughts as he isn't worth the loss of brain cells.

Dibs

Bench

He is a poogram

Gronk

Staff member
6717e4bd4950395bde8896c19243c042.jpeg

Paul Garrard

emjaycee

Coach
Empathy or apathy?
I meant apathy (thanks, hadn't had my first coffee) but somehow when it comes to Parra supporters and members, I reckon the ones that don't turn up to vote still must have some empathy for the foolish amongst us who do.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I meant apathy (thanks, hadn't had my first coffee) but somehow when it comes to Parra supporters and members, I reckon the ones that don't turn up to vote still must have some empathy for the foolish amongst us who do.
Well I didnt get my 2 free beers so I wont be back. I definitely needed something to dull the senses after listening to Pigwhistle and the Parramatta Minister of immigration for an hour.

Chipmunk

Coach

I reckon they have no empathy at all...otherwise they'd front up.

Latest posts