What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

the bloke is actually a comical genius, he just has the worth ethic of an arts student

I don’t how you’d explain the movie “Jack and Jill”.

I have only seen the trailer and that was more than enough.

I get it that he churns out some turds so his mates can take a cheque, but wow, there has to be a modicum of dignity and pride in your work.

Watched “A star is born” last night.

Pretty good.

Bradley Cooper is always good but Gaga steals the show. What a talent, and a stone fox to boot.

Iafeta

Referee
Bohemian Rhapsody.

Some historical inaccuracies such as when Freddie found out about his disease, and a little white lie about them needing to get back together so close to Live Aid, but Rami Malek was a stone cold star in this. His portrayal of Mercury is excellent - he doesn’t over play the campy persona, and yet he has enough of it to create some good light humour.

And Queen. I mean the music is was and always will be epic so that puts the cherry right on top in this one.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Downsizing. Matt Damon. Very strange movie about people undergoing a procedure to shrink down to 5inches tall. 5.5/10

Last Week

Bench
Yep Bohemian Rhapsody.

It's been getting some hate and I don't get why.

It was pretty fast paced in the first act I thought. And Maleks portrayal of Freddie made it hard to believe there was a personality like that out there. But, from everything else I have read about Freddie, it's accurate. Brilliant.

And the moment of reconciliation for Freddie was a tear jerker.

Also, cudos for the perfectly timed and amount of humour they put in it.

Iafeta

Referee
I don’t get the hate either. But that’s been Queens lot right. There’s a like Freddie says in the movie about who they play for that perfectly sums it up.

I think sometimes critics are too into technical aspects, but holy hell, I have never seen a theatre stand up and applaud the end of a movie so I think the critics and fans are at polar opposites on this one. And the fans are the ones who pay the cash so I’ll take their opinion on this one.

Totally agree on Rami. Hand him the Oscar now. That portrayal of Freddie is a work of art.

I went into Bohemian Rhapsody with great skepticism. I refuse to buy DVDs in this age of streaming. I WILL be buying the DVD without any shadow of a doubt.

Bohemian Rhapsody

Historical inaccuracies aside, and a few cringey moments, I thought it was fantastic. Rami Malek will at least get nominated for best actor, he may even win it, and deservedly so should it actually happen.

Dude that played Brian May had to actually be Brian May, it WAS him, a dead ringer. But the most mind blowing moment? That John Deacon was played by the little kid from the original Jurassic Park. :eek:

Soundtrack isn't bad either. ;)

9/10
Prob the best movie I've seen in years .
The casting was extrodinary ..even down to Freddie's mum ... there's only one FM & I didn't think anyone could do a worthy job of portraying him but Rami Malek was awesome ...outstanding
& the recreation of the Live Aid concert was insane ..the attention to detail 100%. Even down to the Pepsi cups & a half full plastic cup of beer on his piano .

I gave it 10/10 ...an extra point prob due to the nostalgia factor .

Just go see it

nöyd

Staff member
I know I'm a little late to the party and it's somewhat a chick flick, but I just got around to watching Silver Linings Playbook. Thought it was tops, and as for Jennifer Lawrence?

splooge.

Bradley Cooper is easily my favourite actor going around at the moment, I could sit and watch a video of him reading the newspaper while taking a shit... well, maybe not lol

Hoping to catch A Star Is Born during the week, and am also about to watch The Place Beyond the Pines as well.

Cooperfest 2018 is well underway.

Iafeta

Referee
Prob the best movie I've seen in years .
The casting was extrodinary ..even down to Freddie's mum ... there's only one FM & I didn't think anyone could do a worthy job of portraying him but Rami Malek was awesome ...outstanding
& the recreation of the Live Aid concert was insane ..the attention to detail 100%. Even down to the Pepsi cups & a half full plastic cup of beer on his piano .

I gave it 10/10 ...an extra point prob due to the nostalgia factor .

Just go see it

Yes I noticed that too. The Pepsi cups and the beer I remember from Live Aid. So many amazing little details.

nöyd

Staff member
Best I've seen in years and going back to watch it again and I'm not a Queen fan

Great movie and that must have been Brian May's twin, so well acted
Funny thing is I was telling someone about the movie and actually said to them that if you’re not a fan of Queen you will be after you see this film.

Seems you’ve proven my theory correct Twiz

roofromoz

First Grade
I don’t get the hate either. But that’s been Queens lot right. There’s a like Freddie says in the movie about who they play for that perfectly sums it up.

I think sometimes critics are too into technical aspects, but holy hell, I have never seen a theatre stand up and applaud the end of a movie so I think the critics and fans are at polar opposites on this one. And the fans are the ones who pay the cash so I’ll take their opinion on this one.

Totally agree on Rami. Hand him the Oscar now. That portrayal of Freddie is a work of art.

I went into Bohemian Rhapsody with great skepticism. I refuse to buy DVDs in this age of streaming. I WILL be buying the DVD without any shadow of a doubt.

Same here.

I rarely buy CDs these days but I have bought the soundtrack.

Also, how good was the Brian May version of the Twentieth Century Fox theme at the start? Mind blowing.

Iafeta

Referee
He’s a seriously underrated musician. But the dude that is grossly underestimated in Queen was John Deacon IMO.

Love the scene where Roger Taylor is singing the highest note in Bohemian Rhapsody. Excellent scene.

nöyd

Staff member
Gladiator

Not the Rusty Crowe one, but the boxing one starring James Marshall, Brian Dennehy and Cuba Gooding Jr.

I enjoyed it, Brian Dennehy can sure play a real merkin, just like he did in First Blood which I also watched for the first time in over 30 years a couple of weeks ago.

Zoidberg

First Grade
3.10 to Yuma. Watched this when it was in theatres and didn’t think that much of it, rewatching now I realise it is quite a good movie. Good western feel with a simple story and good performances. 7.5/10
Now to go play so more Red Dead.

Latest posts