What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off Season Topics Thread, Help Keep Us Sane

denis preston

First Grade
I do think that the first thing our government should be doing is drought proofing our country, if possible. Sureing up a countries food supply should be one of, if not it's number 1 priority, secondly, it is good for business.
So we give farmers guaranteed water 12 months of the year, they then become multi millionaires and we get what ?

Frank Facer

First Grade
Agree with Mary to take a holiday to the Scottish Highlands !

Won’t be watching the cricket this summer .

Someone take that jerk of a P.M. of the tele .

Yes to more water resources for the inland .

We had better buy a few nukes of our own to start to defend our coastline or we will be speaking another language in 10 years .

And don’t forget to - Slip - Slop & Slap this summer .
I agree with you that we should have nuke of our own to defend our country. I wonder if Pine Gap is too important to those who run the world for them to lose. They probably have many DUMBS (deep underground military bases/cities) in Australia that they wouldn't want to lose either.

When I was at school in the late 80's, I remember one of my teachers telling us that only 2 countries have an agreement to defend Australia in times of war and no, England and America are not either of them. Those 2 countries are New Zealand and Papa New Guinea.

Frank Facer

First Grade
So we give farmers guaranteed water 12 months of the year, they then become multi millionaires and we get what ?
Then we are assured of having a food supply. Excess food can be exported overseas, which in turn would improve our current account deficit. We do have so much agricultural land available in Australia, we should be making good use of it and as a country making money off it.

Maybe those who control things want the farmers to go bankrupt? Maybe they are using weather manipulation devices to create the drought? Dr Richard Day did say that they had ways of controlling the weather back in 1969. Many people say that HAARP can control the weather, cause earthquakes, cyclones etc.

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
What is everyone's opinion on Donald Trump?
Amazed that he managed to pull off a win back when he became the president.
Shows how disengaged the American people must have been with mainstream politicians like Hillary Clinton, etc.
Amazed that he still has strong support in spite of his rhetoric and beliefs.
Something must stink in America with mainstream politicians for the people to continue with Trump.
Bottom line it isn’t his fault he is in power, it’s the wankers who the population rejected, the self entitled.
Drain the swamp, lol.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Shows how disengaged the American people must have been with mainstream politicians like Hillary Clinton, etc.
Something must stink in America with mainstream politicians for the people to continue with Trump.
Bottom line it isn’t his fault he is in power, it’s the wankers who the population rejected, the self entitled.
Drain the swamp, lol.
The most amazing thing about Trump's election win, was that he beat the media, the establishment, the Republican party, the celebrities, the polls and the short priced favourite in Hillary Clinton. He was addressing issues that other politicians were afraid to talk about. He appeared to be going against the program. He was dropping truth bombs, especially about the media. I actually remember seeing one particular speech leading up to the election and it was one of the best speeches I have ever seen any politician give. I showed it to someone who wasn't a Trump fan and they said, "That is the speech that got him elected"

merahputih

Juniors
Like him or loath him, a New York property developer born with a silver spoon in his mouth and a history of dodgy deals who appeals to rust belt working class voters: a smart politician.

Gareth67

First Grade
I agree with you that we should have nuke of our own to defend our country. I wonder if Pine Gap is too important to those who run the world for them to lose. They probably have many DUMBS (deep underground military bases/cities) in Australia that they wouldn't want to lose either.

When I was at school in the late 80's, I remember one of my teachers telling us that only 2 countries have an agreement to defend Australia in times of war and no, England and America are not either of them. Those 2 countries are New Zealand and Papa New Guinea.

That truly surprises me Frank and if that is indeed the case those idiots in Canberra should be worried about our future . China is not building those huge warships for a Sunday afternoon cruise , nor are they in the process of having their fleet based on the islands very close to our mainland - they are up to something. My view is that Australia possesses the most minerals that any country could want for whatever purpose they may decide to use them for and our northerly neighbors need them badly .

The first step that a country would take is to do away with Pine Gap the early warning system for our American friends. Once gone they the yanks would be partially blind as to what is happening in this end of the world , then the Chinese would move their navy in with whatever else they need to put a solid foothold on this country - once and for all . The yanks would do zilch to help out as they would not become involved in an all out war with a China , North Korea and Russia - my thoughts only of course .

Meanwhile back to reality, has Mary been sacked yet ?

Until the recent completion of the Pyongyang metropolitan, the deepest metro station in the world was Arsnelna in Kiev. The escalator ride is 5 mins 45 seconds. Makes for riveting off-season youtubing. Watch it twice and you're 11 and a half minutes closer to kick off 2019.

Frank Facer

First Grade
That truly surprises me Frank and if that is indeed the case those idiots in Canberra should be worried about our future . China is not building those huge warships for a Sunday afternoon cruise , nor are they in the process of having their fleet based on the islands very close to our mainland - they are up to something. My view is that Australia possesses the most minerals that any country could want for whatever purpose they may decide to use them for and our northerly neighbors need them badly .

The first step that a country would take is to do away with Pine Gap the early warning system for our American friends. Once gone they the yanks would be partially blind as to what is happening in this end of the world , then the Chinese would move their navy in with whatever else they need to put a solid foothold on this country - once and for all . The yanks would do zilch to help out as they would not become involved in an all out war with a China , North Korea and Russia - my thoughts only of course .

Meanwhile back to reality, has Mary been sacked yet ?
I recall hearing/reading that Australia has not right to even inspect Pine Gap. Gough Witlam was going to get rid of Pine Gap, for that reason, but the day he was going to announce it, he was sacked by the Governor General.I think it was Stan Deyo who said all of that. We can't get rid of Pine Gap.

I also recall hearing a former whistle blowing US Military officer, named Bob Dean talk of someone hopping in an elevator at one of the US's military bases and coming out at Pine Gap. I know, unbelievable.

Last edited:

Bench
Drain the swamp, lol.
There were more people who did not vote then those who did vote, same as the mid terms.

ouryears

Bench
The most amazing thing about Trump's election win, was that he beat the media, the establishment, the Republican party, the celebrities, the polls and the short priced favourite in Hillary Clinton. He was addressing issues that other politicians were afraid to talk about. He appeared to be going against the program. He was dropping truth bombs, especially about the media. I actually remember seeing one particular speech leading up to the election and it was one of the best speeches I have ever seen any politician give. I showed it to someone who wasn't a Trump fan and they said, "That is the speech that got him elected"
He did drop a lot of truth bombs mate, the good thing is he does seem to tell it as it is, well maybe not about his own secrets, but about everything else. You are right, the polls never got it right.

Gareth67

First Grade
I recall hearing/reading that Australia has not right to even inspect Pine Gap. Gough Witlam was going to get rid of Pine Gap, for that reason, but the day he was going to announce it, he was sacked by the Governor General.I think it was Stan Deyo who said all of that. We can't get rid of Pine Gap.

I also recall hearing a former whistle blowing US Military officer, named Bod Dean talk of someone hopping in an elevator at one of the US's military bases and coming out at Pine Gap. I know, unbelievable.

I worked on a government defense project for a number of years and in so doing I had to liaise with both the Defense Department and also the Royal Australian Airforce as well as a minimal amount of time with the Navy .

I went into this blind , as far as what the world had in regards to their respective defense capabilities , but left years later with my eyes wide open . I was astounded at the number of Russian submarines that patrolled the Australian coastline on a regular basis and I am referring to complete circumnavigation of Australia .

The ‘ brains trust ‘ so to speak had various theories as to just what would happen to our country if ever the balance between good and evil went out of plumb , scary to say the least Frank .

Latest posts