What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I am about halfway through Mr Inbetween on foxtel.

Great show, FX America and Screen NSW funded crime drama filmed in Sydney directed by Nash Edgerton.

6 1/2 hour episodes that are Dark, Violent, Funny and completely Aussie with American production flair.

It's a great Story so far.

Watched the whole season tonight... probably one of the best Aussies shows I’ve seen. Brilliant.

Second season confirmed

Dogs Of War

Coach
2 shows that were on a underrated list that I enjoyed. The guest book - little vignettes that intertwine through the course of the season. Not amazing TV but very watchable.

Channel Zero - Watched the first season. Nice little psychologicial horror series. Season 1 was very watchable.

What I didn't like ... Homecoming - Got 5 eps in, has Julia Roberts, sooooo boring.

Big Pete

Referee
2 shows that were on a underrated list that I enjoyed. The guest book - little vignettes that intertwine through the course of the season. Not amazing TV but very watchable.

Channel Zero - Watched the first season. Nice little psychologicial horror series. Season 1 was very watchable.

What I didn't like ... Homecoming - Got 5 eps in, has Julia Roberts, sooooo boring.

Channel Zero is a surprisingly decent show. I was worried it would be a 1:1 conversion of the creepy pasta, but they usually introduced themes and homages that help flesh the central story out and make the characters or the horror that more intriguing.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Do you like the premise of a show sitting between Seinfeld / curb your enthusiasm

Then get The Kominsky Method

I’ve watched 4eps so far. Great show.

mackdadday

Juniors
Final Space - Funny little dramatic space cartoon. Just ten episodes and easy to binge. 8/10

Future Man - written and directed by Seth Rogan. The premise is a guy (the little fellow from the hunger games who got to play with j-laws boobs) is a video games nerd but the game he is playing is actually a test to find the person who can save the world of the future with two super soldiers from the future. Hilarious first 8 episodes before the concept got a little slow in the final five. fun watch. 7/10

Ozark - Holy wide world of breaking bad loveliness. Five episodes in and loved every second of it. 9/10

One punch man - Im not usually an anime fan but this one is both hysterical and glorious. In a world of heroes he can finish any fight with one punch and thus is entirely bored with the whole thing. 9/10

Downloading the Uk version of the office now.

South Park new season - back to greatness now that they are focusing on self contained stories in each episode again.

Curious about the next season of true detective which is 7 weeks away.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Just binge watched 2 seasons of get shorty. If your not watching this then you better start. Amazing tv.

And forget about the so-so movie version of this. The tv show is so much more on the money.

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
Just binge watched 2 seasons of get shorty. If your not watching this then you better start. Amazing tv.

And forget about the so-so movie version of this. The tv show is so much more on the money.

I actually really enjoyed the movie, and they are set in the same universe - Chili Palmer makes a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in the first season.

You're right though, the show is absolutely fantastic and I can't believe that nobody really seems to be watching it. Just renewed for a third season which is great!

mackdadday

Juniors
No Activity - This is hilarious. Jason Mantzoukas, Tim Meadows, Will Ferrell and lots of guest stars. Season two is done and hopefully season three on the way. Basically revolves around two hopeless cops on a stake out and some equally hopeless criminals they are watching. Just 8 episodes per season so quick but extremely worthwhile watch. Jessica Alba was in the last episode i watched and she is still smokin'.

Dogs Of War

Coach
escape at dannemora - Watchable. I didn't think it was that great. Better than some of the series out there, and at least it's only 7 eps.

mackdadday

Juniors
Watched all 5 seasons of Brooklyn 99 in a month

The humour actually made me lol

You should watch No Activity. Two seasons so far and similar but much darker and slightly more raunchy humour. Will Ferrell, Jason Manzoukas, Tim Meadows and lots of silly guest stars.

99 is back on thursday for season six i believe. If you like Andy Samberg id also recommend 7 days in Hell

Latest posts