What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most boring/mundane NRL player sightings

I played basketball against Amos Roberts a few times many years ago. Anthony Mundine and maybe a couple other Souths players were all on the same team. I surprisingly found Mundine to be pretty chilled out and a cool customer. No dickheadery on the court at all.

On the topic of playing ex-NRL players at sport I've played cricket against Steve Edmed and Lee Hookey. Both top blokes.. Hit Steve Edmed for a few 4's... and when we played against Hookey he was whaling evrything to he boundary in every direction.

Steve Edmed's young lad was about 13 playing against men - and he was an absolute gun.

DeeJ

Bench
I saw Darren Smith at Kmart getting some homewares. Took me a while to recognise him because I thought I never even heard of the f**ker.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Andrew Symonds once trialled with the Broncos, so Ill assume he counts...

Spotted him at the Darwin Airport once being chased by a bazillion media people. He kept trying to walk faster until he was safely into the Qantas Club. I thought nothing by it except, the Darwin locals must just be happy to have some big names here.....

Much much later I get back to Canberra and realise that he was dropped for going fishing.....

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Matt Prior walked past me the other day, I was walking out of the airport toilet, he was walking in.

We had a moment.