What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wayne Bennett

ouryears

Bench
He should read a couple of his own books ffs. The older he gets the more petulant he becomes
I really don’t understand you guys
Wayne and the club agreed on a contract till the end of 2019
Suddenly the club wants him gone now
That’s fine, part of the game
But FFS, the club needs to pay his final year out and send him on his way if they want him out now
It’s none of their business that he may be able to coach Souths in 2019 resulting in scoring a double pay packet

The club is arrogant, not Wayne
Said my piece, good luck anyway guys, cheers

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I really don’t understand you guys
Wayne and the club agreed on a contract till the end of 2019
Suddenly the club wants him gone now
That’s fine, part of the game
But FFS, the club needs to pay his final year out and send him on his way if they want him out now
It’s none of their business that he may be able to coach Souths in 2019 resulting in scoring a double pay packet

The club is arrogant, not Wayne
Said my piece, good luck anyway guys, cheers

If he had any pride at all he would have resigned after that shithouse performance against the dragons

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I personally am a fan of Wayne Bennett but I do think it is time for the club to move on. The way we have played over the past few years won't be enough to get us close to a premiership and I don't think Wayne has the answers. He said repeatedly in press conferences he had no idea why we were so inconsistent in 2018. I think the players are a little too comfortable with Wayne. Great man manager off the field but we need something more innovative on the field.

It's time for a fresh start and approach. I know the grass isn't always greener (Henjak, Griffin) but it seems that Seibold is a risk worth taking. I would prefer the swap now but could live with Wayne having one last crack in 2019.

DeeJ

Bench
Will players get behind the new coach? I suppose they are professionals but he had a few favourites in the team and from what I've read, Siebold essentially ratted him out.

On that note what is there to make of Siebold's character? He basically organised himself into the head coach role behind Michael Maguire's back. Then he left Souths at the first opportunity without seeing out his contract (although mutually agreed).

Of course there's alot more to the story and I'm sure he's not a total villain and Bennett isn't entirely innocent himself - but there's alot of bad juju around so far.

Will players get behind the new coach? I suppose they are professionals but he had a few favourites in the team and from what I've read, Siebold essentially ratted him out.

On that note what is there to make of Siebold's character? He basically organised himself into the head coach role behind Michael Maguire's back. Then he left Souths at the first opportunity without seeing out his contract (although mutually agreed).

Of course there's alot more to the story and I'm sure he's not a total villain and Bennett isn't entirely innocent himself - but there's alot of bad juju around so far.

I thought that also.

Siebold seems like a f**kstick.

Loves pumping himself up, talking about his teaching credentials etc but he hasn’t come out of this looking all that good and hasn’t actually got any runs on the board either.

This Year?

Immortal
I think the Broncos had a very mixed 2018. There was a combination of up and down form of key players as well as injuries to star players. Also the infighting between coach and board was too much of a distraction as well. There were some great games which showed their potential, but also some very poor games which showed they weren't going to be a premiership threat.

Wayne is one of those people that you need to completely support him and then you have a great chance of achieving something special. If not then you see what happened towards the end of his tenure at the Knights and the Broncos.
What he achieves at the Rabbitohs will depend on that. For the Broncos I'm sure Seibold will lift them in 2019 like he has with the Rabbitohs in 2018 but how well they do in the next few years will depend on if the board just let him coach and give him the players and the support he needs.

Latest posts