What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018/19 Premier League

smi962

First Grade
I shouldn't and normally don't get work up about English pundits but what is it with the Spurs love in within the media.

Sherwood picks a combined 11 without an Arsenal player and Arsenal's own Merson puts 1-2 Arsenal players in his combined 11.

Half understandable from last year (but still over the top), but Arsenal are a different team this year. I would be using this kind of uninformed, over the top punditry to motivate my players if I was Emery.

saint.nick

Coach
I shouldn't and normally don't get work up about English pundits but what is it with the Spurs love in within the media.

Sherwood picks a combined 11 without an Arsenal player and Arsenal's own Merson puts 1-2 Arsenal players in his combined 11.

Half understandable from last year (but still over the top), but Arsenal are a different team this year. I would be using this kind of uninformed, over the top punditry to motivate my players if I was Emery.
Well, Sherwood and Merson are not noted for being good pundits.

I also find the Hazard love in a bit too much. It was what, 5 games in and the English media called him the best in the world. Ludicrous.

smi962

First Grade
never seen De gea make a mistake like that

Arsenal won't win this though. Look like trash.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

All this because of 1 article ?

Most fans just ignored it, obviously not a balanced article.

smi962

First Grade
All this because of 1 article ?

Most fans just ignored it, obviously not a balanced article.

No theres a general bias towards Spurs in the media, not sure because there are so many English players there, so many ex-players as pundits or just the fact they have traditionally been crap.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
No theres a general bias towards Spurs in the media, not sure because there are so many English players there, so many ex-players as pundits or just the fact they have traditionally been crap.

I'm obviously not in London but a member of a Spurs fan site and apart from Jermaine Jenas no one from Nth London that I know would agree with you, especially the bias crap we get from Sol Campbell.

Then again I don't read all the crap that comes from the British media.

saint.nick

Coach
I really feel for that Chelsea fan if it's proven that he said "manc c***" and not "black c***". The poor bugger has lost his job over it, nobody deserves to lose their job because they were seen on TV sledging an opposition player, however angry he looked.

thorson1987

Coach
Preparing myself for the inevitable draw or 1-0 loss to Man Utd on Monday morning.

No matter how good we are going I can just see it happening.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Couple of quotes from Gary Neville and Roy Keane

Neville - "Liverpool are streets ahead. Streets. Not one of United midfield can pass a football. Not one of them"

Keane- “I did fear the worst today and it could have been a lot more. Towards the end Liverpool just toyed with them. United were not at the races"

I'm going for a wank.

thorson1987

Coach
December 17th 2015 - Mourinho sacked by Chelsea after losing 3-1 to Klopps Liverpool.

December 18th 2018 - Mourinho sacked by Man U after losing 3-1 to Klopps Liverpool.

tenor.gif

ggmu

Juniors
December 17th 2015 - Mourinho sacked by Chelsea after losing 3-1 to Klopps Liverpool.

December 18th 2018 - Mourinho sacked by Man U after losing 3-1 to Klopps Liverpool.

tenor.gif
The Chelsea sacking did come 2 months after that lose though.

Latest posts