What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team 2017

DeeJ

Bench
Get rid of Chambers and have Morgan play in the centres. He's a quality player, is a gun outside and already proved himself in that position 2 years ago.

isaiah

Bench
Barba was never going to play origin, but depth is now weaker. Weidler spoke about family upbringing. I want to see Tracy Grimshaw interview some of the idiot parents. Kevvie said Munster will be six in game one even if he plays one for storm. So ponga at fb even if he plays six for the knights

Get rid of Chambers and have Morgan play in the centres. He's a quality player, is a gun outside and already proved himself in that position 2 years ago.
Look forward to seeing him up against Latrell, I expect it to play out similarly to how Jamie Lyon did against Inglis.

Lebbo73

Bench
With Holmes and Slater gone, what should the new backline look like?

I'd go with:

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Corey Oates
3. Greg Inglis
4. Will Chambers
5. Dane Gagai
6. Cameron Munster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans/Ben Hunt

14. Michael Morgan
Is it a lay down misere that Jake Friend is the #9 this year? With all of Chambers faults last year we still would have won Origin with better service from McSlowllouch. Imagine how much Qld win by if Hunt wasn’t there either!

Matua

Bench
What happened about only selecting people with pride in the jersey?
Taumalolo shows great pride in his jerseys, he had pride in the Kiwi jersey when he turned down Qld and Oz, then he had pride in the Tonga jersey when he turned down the Kiwi jersey to play for Tonga on the eve of the tournament. I'm sure he would have found great pride in the Qld jersey if the NRL had allowed his switch.

Is it a lay down misere that Jake Friend is the #9 this year? With all of Chambers faults last year we still would have won Origin with better service from McSlowllouch. Imagine how much Qld win by if Hunt wasn’t there either!
It's cute watching you guys believe that QLD has a chance this year.

Did you know that the first player to play for either State under the "father-son" rule was Lachlan Lam when he played in the Under 16s Origin in 2014? Me neither. Source; https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/04/lachlan-lam-out-to-create-his-own-legacy/

Interestingly, Lachlan Lam has never lived in Queensland and has played all his club footy (including junior footy) either in the UK or in Sydney eastern suburbs. I'm not knocking Qld on this, but it does make you wonder about the father son rule though.

davi

Juniors
Think Munster and DCE work well together, DCE will take most of the playmaking and Munster can run the ball and chime in.

Agreed. I really think people who are saying "Daly Cherry-Evans isn't much better" are seriously downplaying what he did in game 3 last year. You have to admit he was solid. Kevin Walters has pretty much stated he is likely to stick with the Cherry-Evans/Munster combination. I really can't see anyone getting a look in for Game 1 unless they play out of their skin in club land but even that may not be enough.

Kayln Ponga: Nope pick him at fullback

Michael Morgan: If he produces his 2nd half form in 2017, but even then I think Walters likes having Morgan in utility.

Ben Hunt: I really doubt it after his critical mistake in Game 2 last year. Some legends have also speculated they prefer him coming off the bench as a back up for half/hooker role.

Ash Taylor: He was not even close last year and he should just worry about having a good year for the Titans. He also better be aware because the potential tag only last's for so long. I hope Taylor works it out though.

isaiah

Bench
If we didn't select Mitch for all those years, who would have won?
Still qld. Better question would have been: if our brains trust wasn’t outsmarted by losing Inglis, who would have won? Imagine Inglis at his best with Hayne, the Morris boys, and Jamie Lyon.