What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brands You Hate

horrie hastings

First Grade
Jokestar.

Had a flight back from Fiji Wednesday. Booked extra leg room etc.

Hurtling down the runway to takeoff, flight comes to a screeching halt. Back to the terminal we go. Apparently there was a wasps nest that prevented full air intake.

How in the hell is your maintenance program so poor that you don’t see a wasps nest forming? They don’t form in 5 minutes FFS! How many flights had been at risk of a serious incident previous to this one??

So they cancel the flight. Here’s where the fun starts.

Stood in a line for 2 hours. Finally get accomodation at what I can only label Kerobokan State Prison. I swore I could hear Schapelle screaming for help. Room had a concrete slab for a bed and I swear the bed was infested with fleas.

But here’s the kicker. We go to get dinner. Jetscab have kindly limited all our food and drink to $30. No alcohol allowed. The menu had 2 items. Chicken nuggets and chips or fish n chips. The chicken nuggets tasted like chicken feet and beaks.

Meanwhile, I’ve now copped extra costs like an extra nights parking at the airport, taxi cost back to Nadi airport etc. And jetscab are basically saying not their problem.

Have heard so many horror stories about Jetstar but I did book with them when they had their half price birthday sale last year when I was going to Uluru , have to admit that I had no problems with them, pretty faultless over all, the fare in their sale was so much cheaper than Virgin for the time we were flying so it was a no brainer for a place that has limited flights in and out. Not saying I would choose Jetstar for my flights around Australia but really the only problems I have had with domestics flights have been with Virgin, mainly with flight times being changed.

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
Well this thread took an interesting turn.

Back on topic, GStar Raw. I’m sure they started out with the best of intentions but I now associate the brand with cigarette smoking, knife/gun wielding, over the shoulder bum bag wearing thugs.

In Europe they sell jeans for $50 a pair, here, they're $200 a pair
They also look daft as arseholes on anyone over 12

Lambretta

First Grade
Jetstar domestic I'll hop on any day

They're not tiger

I "flew" Ryan Air to Dublin once
Well, when I say flew......... we walked across the tarmac at Gatwick Airport (I kid you not), climbed aboard a bus, climbed over people, sort of strapped myself in and then the bus took off. To this day I still have absolutely no f**king idea how they get buses to fly, but apparently the Irish can. What's even more amazing is they don't crash. I think Albus f**king Dumbledore is the pilot.

Lambretta

First Grade
When I went to Europe I went with Emirates they where pretty good.

Yeah, everyone says Emirates and Etihad are great
I have never flown with either

Cathy was one of the best / worst experiences flying to the UK
I got upgraded to premium economy from Sydney to Hong Kong and it was absolutely bliss. My goodness those seats were comfy. Better than BA or Qantas Premium Economy.

Then from HK to London I had to go back to my economy seat and f*** me dead, what an absolute mess that was. The seat part was a hard plastic bowl with a thin material masquerading as padding to cover it.

They were rock hard and awful just to sit in. Let alone sit on for 14 hours in the sky. Then when you "reclined" the seat, the back stayed upright but the plastic bowl slid forwards, reducing your leg room and putting you in the most un-natural position possible. Then to add insult to injury, two plastic lumps protruded through the back part and smashed into your kidney's turning the hard plastic mess into a badly angled pain machine. I have sat on concrete benches with metal spikes on them that are more comfortable. Never in all my days have I been so insulted by anything in all my life. 5 vallum tablets I took between HK and LHR and then I had to scrounge more off one of my mums friends for the journey home.

Thank f*** the NHS hands out vallium to middle aged ladies like pedophiles hand out lollies to kiddies, cos I was able to get some no problem. God bless shonky doctors.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I've only flown Garuda once back in 1981. We took off just from Denpasar before midnight and about 20 minutes after takeoff, the seatbelt lights came on. There was a great lightning show going on around the plane then....

BOOM. Bodies went flying everywhere, food carts went crashing and there was general mayhem. The plane dropped I don't know how many thousand feet in a millisecond. Some woman broke her leg and a few cuts and lacerations to others. There could have been more casualties.

Luckily me and my girlfriend were still strapped in. And all I could do was laugh hysterically.

I "flew" Ryan Air to Dublin once
Well, when I say flew......... we walked across the tarmac at Gatwick Airport (I kid you not), climbed aboard a bus, climbed over people, sort of strapped myself in and then the bus took off. To this day I still have absolutely no f**king idea how they get buses to fly, but apparently the Irish can. What's even more amazing is they don't crash. I think Albus f**king Dumbledore is the pilot.

I've felt pretty bad as a person before

Got on to a plane to Fiji with Fiji air, felt uncomfortable when i seen a 50 year old, heavy set fijian pilot and felt immediately unsafe

The people are incredible people but I didn't feel safe with him

Pommy

Coach
In Europe they sell jeans for $50 a pair, here, they're $200 a pair
They also look daft as arseholes on anyone over 12

If you can find a pair of G star jeans for around £30 that aren’t in some kind of end of season sale I would be amazed. I would be expecting £120ish for current range, not that I would want to buy any.

Lambretta

First Grade
If you can find a pair of G star jeans for around £30 that aren’t in some kind of end of season sale I would be amazed. I would be expecting £120ish for current range, not that I would want to buy any.

In Germany they are very median priced clothing. My German friends were amazed at the prices in Australia

Maybe £50 not $50 in the UK. But not £100 plus equivalent

Pommy

Coach
In Germany they are very median priced clothing. My German friends were amazed at the prices in Australia

Maybe £50 not $50 in the UK. But not £100 plus equivalent

Things must have changed in the last 3 years then. Every try hard roid head in barrow used to be wearing them.

mongoose

Coach
Tarocash, Jay Jay's, Cotton on, all those shitty myer brands

so sick of buying shit clothes that shrink or fall apart after 2 times in the wash

captain kaos

Juniors
Woolworths and Coles for their half prices rubbish. What is on offer that's 1/2 price? Nothing but non nutritious food such as ice cream, chocalate, sweets, chips etc. and dishwasher tablets, deodorant, shampoo etc.

Ever seen 1/2 price fruit/veg or chicken, beef lamb or pork. NEVER.