What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v India at Adelaide Dec 6-10 2018 - INDIA WIN BY 31 RUNS

simmo1

First Grade
Easily Australia's day despite the frustrating last hour. Would have been 300+ with better shot selection.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Cummins should of been on after Starcs first over of poo.

Why the continually short poo from the quicks??? It’s been laughable since lunch.

There is no venom in it. I don’t mean to have a pop at the guy he is a classy batsman but he isn’t known for his aggressive batting but pujara was smashing anything short because there was so little risk in it

The biggest complaint about the captaincy I have is pulling slips to shami

jargan83

Coach
I’d take 9/250 at stumps on day 1 after Kohli won the toss this morning but it could have been a lot less.

Great knock from Pujara

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's a thankless job mate. Blokes bowl rubbish and the captain cops the stick for it. Yeah he could change the bowler, but there's so much more to it than just that. He could have done better but putting it all on him is just the same silly oversimplifying that's been happening in the Parra forum.

Great day for us, a few frustrations aside. We are well and truly on top despite Pujara. They're over 250 runs short of the last two first days of daytime tests at Adelaide coming into the best day or two of batting.
I just think the negative captaincy set the tone and we bowled accordingly after that. Lyons leg stump lines,spreading the field for the quicks and then the obsession with bowling short shit when the good length balls got all the wickets.

From 4 for 50 to 9 from 250 with a lucky run out at the end. We have the best bunch of quicks in the world imo bowling with absolute junk plans. It was like watch the f**king Eels execute a set play.

mave

Coach
9/250 after losing the toss in that heat ?
Yes please.

Hopefully we can avoid the follow-on tomorrow.

blaza88z

Coach
Today was great but i'm not getting excited at all until I see us bat, we could just as easily get rolled

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
it will be a bit easier to bat on days 2 and 3 so we have an opportunity to push forward and take control of the test match if we can bat for 2 days

not sure we are good enough to do that although our tail is decent compared to India's tail

Bazal

Post Whore
47573682_2213155992048198_4330661257368567808_n.jpg

#goat

TheParraboy

Staff member
Negotiate the new ball is a must for us first 25-30 overs,
Do that, should be gravy train for us from there

Speaking of trains, has serial aussie bagger Haynetrain popped in today at all?

Aussies 1
Haynetrain 0

TheParraboy

Staff member

Be interesting to know the breakup of those 6s

Lyon has been superb over the last 18-24mths or so
wouldn't be surprised if a good portion of 6s came at this time?
Was quite conservative at times in the past

TheParraboy

Staff member
play of the day Khawajas catch

Had every right to drop it, and would be forgotten as in the too hard basket

We could have been toast with Kholi and Pujera

hope we don't blow this great start

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
when's the last time we had 2 Victorian openers ?

any batting collapse will totally be their fault

Latest posts