What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

franklin2323

Immortal
Well Hook had a HUGE say on Nathan's kicking game

Again though Maloney had more forced drop outs then Cronk, Keary, Green, Moylan etc...

Personally I think the lack of NSW Cup playing time before playing FG is Cleary's biggest problem as far as development

OldPanther

Coach
exactly. No coach can stop such things.

Michael Jennings another one didn't play any better after the hack Elliott was gone

Either Maloney's form is a point of difference to Cleary as a reference to coaching or his injury hurt his form post-griffin. Can't be both.

franklin2323

Immortal
Either Maloney's form is a point of difference to Cleary as a reference to coaching or his injury hurt his form post-griffin. Can't be both.

The coach picks the side. once that side is picked he has no say over how games pan. So coaches are a small part of stuff too me

Kilkenny

Coach
The coach picks the side. once that side is picked he has no say over how games pan. So coaches are a small part of stuff too me

I used to think coaches played a critical role during the actual 80 minutes of game time and during the half time interval when I thought they did more than just pass around the oranges.

Thank's for setting me straight on this aspect Franklin, although it puzzles me why some coaches earn up to $1M a season given all they do is pick the side.

franklin2323

Immortal
I used to think coaches played a critical role during the actual 80 minutes of game time and during the half time interval when I thought they did more than just pass around the oranges.

Thank's for setting me straight on this aspect Franklin, although it puzzles me why some coaches earn up to $1M a season given all they do is pick the side.

Pre season and game prep is where a coach earns his money. The players are the ones that execute it out there. The players are the one who drop the ball and miss the tackles

OldPanther

Coach
Pre season and game prep is where a coach earns his money. The players are the ones that execute it out there. The players are the one who drop the ball and miss the tackles

There's more that goes wrong than dropped balls and missed tackles. Also those things a coach can still have an impact on. Remember:

Prior planning and preparation prevents piss poor performance.

franklin2323

Immortal
There's more that goes wrong than dropped balls and missed tackles. Also those things a coach can still have an impact on. Remember:

Prior planning and preparation prevents piss poor performance.

I said game planning is the coach. Look at the Storm they have lost 2/3 the last 3 GF's. I am sure Bellamy prepared them fine. Somethings you just can't control

martielang

Bench

Kilkenny, I enjoy your sarcasm but according to every anti-griffgod supporter on here, the coach actually does nothing else but pass the oranges at half time. Apparently not responsible for a single positive thing after half time, all down to natural talent they say, all of it.'

But that first half & everything negative associated with it. All the coach.

betcats

Referee
Kilkenny, I enjoy your sarcasm but according to every anti-griffgod supporter on here, the coach actually does nothing else but pass the oranges at half time. Apparently not responsible for a single positive thing after half time, all down to natural talent they say, all of it.'

Griff got another job lined up yet? Even matt Elliot got another go after us.

franklin2323

Immortal

Natural talent won some games. The same natural talent produced some of the worst footy you will see

billypilgrimnz

First Grade

Funnily enough, the anti-Griffin brigade has one little fact on their side that all your sadness and crying will never make up for: he was sacked for not being good enough.

Pretty tough to argue against that.