What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
Also... IGN also reviewed the new animated Spider-Man movie into the spider verse.

That looks like it’s got great reviews also

Parra Pride

Coach
Into the Spider-Verse is probably the best Spiderman movie that has been made so far.

I now need these same people to make a SP//dr movie, because more mech Spiderman is desperately needed.

azzah72

Bench
Watched Aquaman last night.

Despite some pacing issues I'll say this,if you enjoy anime or over the top 80's cartoons, that is exactly what they went for.

It's f**king bonkers but I couldn't help laugh, smile, be wowed the whole freaking time.

Despite how ridiculous it is.

My fav DC movie and would squeeze itself into about top 6 marvel universe if it was one of those.

A really good time.

B+

nöyd

Staff member
Watched Aquaman last night.

My fav DC movie and would squeeze itself into about top 6 marvel universe if it was one of those.

A really good time.

B+

I note that you wrote "fav" and not "best", but I'm just curious:

Do you rate The Dark Knight a B or lower?

azzah72

Bench
I note that you wrote "fav" and not "best", but I'm just curious:

Do you rate The Dark Knight a B or lower?

My fave of dceu and was talking about dceu and mcu.

For the record, I think dark knight is an excellent movie, best of that trilogy but not the best Batman movie, that's Batman begins.

Zoidberg

First Grade
My fave of dceu and was talking about dceu and mcu.

For the record, I think dark knight is an excellent movie, best of that trilogy but not the best Batman movie, that's Batman begins.
Best of the dark knight trilogy but not better than Batman Begins? BB is in that trilogy.

azzah72

Bench
Best of the dark knight trilogy but not better than Batman Begins? BB is in that trilogy.

I'm aware of that.

Begins is not a better movie than the dark knight but Begins is a better Batman movie than dark knight.

For me it comes down to certain characteristics of each movie, how the Batman character should be, how Gotham should feel like etc.

It's also the reason I didn't love rises.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I'm aware of that.

Begins is not a better movie than the dark knight but Begins is a better Batman movie than dark knight.

For me it comes down to certain characteristics of each movie, how the Batman character should be, how Gotham should feel like etc.

It's also the reason I didn't love rises.
Ah ok gotcha.

Last Week

Bench
I saw Aquaman the other day too.

It's OK. I gave it a 7/10. It was very rushed, especially in the first act. Which is a shame because the story was actually pretty cool.

Momoa didn't show much range in his role. He tried, but I found it hard to believe alot of it. I suspect they were hoping Amber Heard did alot of heavy lifting for the main character (like Chris Pine did in Wonder Woman), but they both were a bit meh.

Patrick Wilson as Orm was f**king incredible. Perfect execution of Orm and he was intimidating. Loved him.

William Dafoe as Vulko was also fantastic.

The movie itself had some very cool sequences and shots in it. And I don't mean the cgi scenes. But the story had too much in it.

I know it's important that the history between Arthur's parents is told, but if that whole sequence was cut and just retold via memory sequences, it would have given more time for the main plot to be told. But, then we would have missed the payoff in the end. Which was quite nice.

It also virtually ignored Justice League entirely except for maybe one line. Thank goodness.

Latest posts