What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Stadium made more money from Parra games than WSW games at Pirtek, and that wasn’t from a shitty deal we had.

That could change with the new stadium, but prob not.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Stadium made more money from Parra games than WSW games at Pirtek, and that wasn’t from a shitty deal we had.

Which seems odd as Parra would usually have the stadium open longer often with 2 or more games and there was maybe 500 people for the first game, most turning up 10-15 minutes before the main game.

How much did it cost to replace chairs?

forward pass

Coach
Because they will be playing 13 games there per year. More than any other tenant.
And, their average crowds there while they were at the old Pirtek weren't much different to the Eels.

We will draw a higher aggregate in our nine games than the wanderers will in 13 - I am calling it.

And I am a Wanderers fan - I have no ill will towards them. But they need to start again. They have fallen off the earth.

47689258_1981641495471539_6674547308773769216_n.jpg

RandyAndy

Juniors

most likely from the RBB fines and the heavy amount of police at each game and I always thought there was heaps more security guards at wanderers matches to the few parra matches i got too. chairs get broken all the time at aleague games and that way the build the supporter area with standing are and the crush barriers hopefeully WSW can play on the thursday before the nines touranmen

Suitman

Post Whore
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/expansion-clubs-to-be-left-out-of-next-year-s-ffa-cup-20181206-p50kka.html

A safe standing area for 1200 members and the club to install a capo stand, according to this SMH article.

Expansion clubs to be left out of next year's FFA Cup

With the A-League facing a race against the clock to get two new teams up and running by the start of next season, Football Federation Australia have decided to leave them out of the 2019 FFA Cup draw.

Fairfax Media understands the two successful expansion bids, which could be announced next week, will not be required to compete in the FFA Cup due to a lack of preparation time caused by the delays in the process.

Standing room only

Sticking with the Wanderers, their active supporters are set to be rewarded with a major safe standing section at the new Bankwest Stadium.

The Herald understands 1,200 capacity safe-standing area will be constructed into the new arena once the formality of a safety approval is gained.

The section is equivalent to more than half of the previous seated section of the old north end at the old Parramatta Stadium and will include the German-style bolt secured safe-standing seats.

The club will also construct a large box for their active supporter group's leaders to assist in choreography.

hindy111

Post Whore
We only have 9 games there? I am confused. Please dont tell me we are still taking games to Homebush ffs.

strider

Post Whore
We only have 9 games there? I am confused. Please dont tell me we are still taking games to Homebush ffs.
9 next year ... we have a couple of home games at homebush before the stadium opens

After that i assume all at parra, except the darwin game while that lasts

Gronk

Staff member

The Mick Cronin and Ken Thornett Stands signs have been torn down.

And the grassy north and south hills named after Peter Sterling and Brett Kenny are now the foundation for concrete slabs.

The tryline ends of Parramatta Stadium were for ‘Kenny Magic” bedsheet signs, painted blue and gold, and where on Sundays the ‘Parramatta Jesus’ would stand in his robe to bless ‘Hindy’ and ‘Caylo’.

Not that you remember any of this once you’re standing inside the construction zone of the Eels new home, Bankwest Stadium.

Once inside Australia’s game-changing stadium, it’s impossible to recall what once stood, such is the staggering transformation of what was the 32-year-old Parramatta Stadium, into the 75 per cent complete Banwest Stadium.

That’s what fans will find themselves doing next year on Easter Monday, when Parramatta and Wests Tigers go head to head in the opening sports event at the stadium.

You’ll look left, look right, down and up. All the while, scratching your head.

Is this really where the ‘Zip Zip Man’ and the ‘Guru’ ran riot?

Instead, what you’ll feel is that you’re standing inside not just the best 30,000-seat rectangular stadium in Sydney, but the world.

Similar in design to that of the world-class Optus Stadium in Perth, the overhead sail-structure covers the entire stadium seating.

No more umbrellas, no more ponchos at the footy.

The Sunday Telegraph stood on the western concourse, directly above the four dressing rooms beneath the grandstand, which will allow men and women to prepare on any given match-day.

The facilities are unprecedented in Sydney.

A mini-Suncorp Stadium is how Bankwest has been described.

But Bankwest will prove superior — both in design and atmosphere.

Certainly, you can already feel the similarities once you peer down from your seat and onto the pitch where the Eels, Wests Tigers and Wanderers will play next year.

But Bankwest has what Suncorp doesn't: at 34-degree rake that provides the steepest stadium seating in Australia.

You feel like you’re literally over the top of the action.

There is another clever feature.

At the northern end, removable seats have been installed for when the Wanderers play, allowing supporter group the Red and Black Bloc more room to stand and sing — and without the threat of seat damage.

Banwest Stadium, with its enormously wide passageways for fans, concourse areas and soon-to-be installed food village, reminds you of what US sports fans are treated to every week.

They’ve been experiencing world-class stadiums for decades.

Finally, we’ll get ours in just four months.

Gronk

Staff member
Unfortunately for sports fans, the NSW Labor Opposition are making the Allianz rebuilding an election issue. Minister Ayres has made the first Frank Underwood move by signing a demolition and construction contract with Lend Lease. Opposition Leader Daley says the stadium won’t go ahead if he wins government. It will be interesting to see what happens if demolition commences before the March election.

Delboy

First Grade
Unfortunately for sports fans, the NSW Labor Opposition are making the Allianz rebuilding an election issue. Minister Ayres has made the first Frank Underwood move by signing a demolition and construction contract with Lend Lease. Opposition Leader Daley says the stadium won’t go ahead if he wins government. It will be interesting to see what happens if demolition commences before the March election.
Just get used to nothing being done, and a lot of virtue signalling and pro left and union stances being the norm.

Watching DiNatale, Shorten, Plibadek and Hanson-Young couple with Daley and Secord in NSW we could be looking at outcomes similar to what is happening in France and eventually Venezuela. Once they control the purse strings and decisions it doesn’t bode well for my kids and grandkids.

After the disaster of Rudd and Bob Carr , who said and promised a lot and delivered nothing, the future looks scary .

Labour Party and delivering infrastructure is an oxymoron.

To appease Gronk and others, if the alabour Party was led by pragmatists like Hawke and Keating, different outcomes completely

if it's a typical liberal infrastructure contract i'm sure there will be a massive penalty for non compliance
how bad does labor want to push it?

Gronk

Staff member
Just get used to nothing being done, and a lot of virtue signalling and pro left and union stances being the norm.

Watching DiNatale, Shorten, Plibadek and Hanson-Young couple with Daley and Secord in NSW we could be looking at outcomes similar to what is happening in France and eventually Venezuela. Once they control the purse strings and decisions it doesn’t bode well for my kids and grandkids.

After the disaster of Rudd and Bob Carr , who said and promised a lot and delivered nothing, the future looks scary .

Labour Party and delivering infrastructure is an oxymoron.

To appease Gronk and others, if the alabour Party was led by pragmatists like Hawke and Keating, different outcomes completely
The biggest mistake you can make is blindly supporting a political party, like you might footy team. You were the one throwing “Juliar” and debt and deficit references about in 2013. Nek minute the LNP triple the debt themselves. Seriously, take a breath and re-set.

If the LNP get tossed out in May, it’s because the cancerous right of the party have caused their own party to implode. Idiots.

Anyway back to NSW, far as I know, Gladys is short odds to be re-elected. The Daley (previously Foley) stadia wingefest is a small change platform compared to the rest of NSWs infrastructure. Labor will find it hard to complain about roads, public transport, hospitals and schools - simply because upgrades are happening after being neglected under Carr, Iemma, Rees and Keneally.

Gronk

Staff member
if it's a typical liberal infrastructure contract i'm sure there will be a massive penalty for non compliance
how bad does labor want to push it?
The ^^^ SMH article says that Lend Lease are yet to announce the contract to shareholders. So who knows if it actually exists.

Latest posts