What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

hindy111

Post Whore
I told mates the Chargers are the bes side in NFL about 8 weeks ago. I just wosh I slapped more on them to win the Bowl.

hybrideel

Bench
What the hell was Gruden doing. 4 minutes to go, down by 14, 4th and about 13 or something. He elects to punt. Surely that's all or nothing time.
If that's not tanking for the draft pick, I don't know what is

T.S Quint

Coach
Ohhhhhhhhhh yeah!!!!! Finally stopped the midget. Great day

I might have been upset about that win because it ruins our draft position...but I can’t help but be f**king elated after beating the Scumhawks!
Finally broken the streak. Now just have to break the one against the Cardinals.

T.S Quint

Coach
What the hell was Gruden doing. 4 minutes to go, down by 14, 4th and about 13 or something. He elects to punt. Surely that's all or nothing time.

Maybe he just had faith in his defence.

Lol.

Eelementary

Post Whore

He's the worst thing to happen to the Raiders since Jamarcus Russell...

hindy111

Post Whore
Eagles suprise win.

Saints will be hsrd to keep out now. They should clinch
He's the worst thing to happen to the Raiders since Jamarcus Russell...

I think Oakland have done ok considering the side.
They traded two studs but they would of demanded massive contracts. I'd give the guys two years and see whst happens. He has some good assets in the draft coming up and a heap of cash for free trade.

hindy111

Post Whore

Completing a 4 and 13 is very low odds. And what does he have to gain by winning.
Id prefer the higher draft pick

Eelementary

Post Whore
Eagles suprise win.

Saints will be hsrd to keep out now. They should clinch

I think Oakland have done ok considering the side.
They traded two studs but they would of demanded massive contracts. I'd give the guys two years and see whst happens. He has some good assets in the draft coming up and a heap of cash for free trade.

You speak sense - but letting Khalil Mack walk is career suicide, imo.

hindy111

Post Whore
Would of looked better if Dallas and bears didnt have good seasons. Most likely get there picks in the mid 20s

jk13

First Grade
Potentially the bears and rams rest players and screw over our draft position anyway. One Bosa will not turn this team around. The stadium was pumping too much to care about draft positions and watching the cocky shehawk fans leave without a murmur was much better than no.1 pick.

hybrideel

Bench
I can and will never understand or agree with tanking a game. Sure it may be the smart move but as a fan I want to know my team is trying to win every game, and while there is a chance then they should be doing everything they can to win it

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree.
Perhaps bottom of each group should be put in a draft for your top 8 picks. Best way to stop it.

T.S Quint

Coach
I can and will never understand or agree with tanking a game. Sure it may be the smart move but as a fan I want to know my team is trying to win every game, and while there is a chance then they should be doing everything they can to win it

I don’t like tanking, but nfl is a sport that kind of encourages it. There is no point being mediocre. That will get you nowhere.
You are either good enough to compete for the championship or you need to be so terrible that you get a high draft pick.

Last year the 49ers finished the year winning their last 5 games. They didn’t come close to making the playoffs. They still came last in their division. All it did was take our draft position from top 2 all the way down to 9th. That’s a huge difference when it comes to the draft. I loved watching them win those games, but it didn’t help us in the long run (despite the fact that I think McGlinchey who we picked at 9 is a good player).

T.S Quint

Coach
Agree.
Perhaps bottom of each group should be put in a draft for your top 8 picks. Best way to stop it.

A lottery like what the NBA has is somewhat better, but tanking still exists. The 76ers up until last season were doing it for years.

hybrideel

Bench
I don’t like tanking, but nfl is a sport that kind of encourages it. There is no point being mediocre. That will get you nowhere.
You are either good enough to compete for the championship or you need to be so terrible that you get a high draft pick.

Last year the 49ers finished the year winning their last 5 games. They didn’t come close to making the playoffs. They still came last in their division. All it did was take our draft position from top 2 all the way down to 9th. That’s a huge difference when it comes to the draft. I loved watching them win those games, but it didn’t help us in the long run (despite the fact that I think McGlinchey who we picked at 9 is a good player).
Yeah I guess I should have worded my statement better. I understand why the club's do it, and when it's not game time, I see the sense in it given the way the rules are, but come game time, that all goes out the window and I want them to try and win

hindy111

Post Whore
A lottery like what the NBA has is somewhat better, but tanking still exists. The 76ers up until last season were doing it for years.

I don't think many nfl teams tank. Maybe in last 2 games the desire is not as strong.
But for example the Giants at home to Dallas last week. Giants aint taking that game easy.

Latest posts