What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Canterbury Bulldogs finish in 2019?

Where will the Canterbury Bulldogs finish in 2019?

• Total voters

Daza06

Juniors
Same process as last season.

Who better to ask where a certain team will finish than the fans of the team themselves!

With their strongest line up where would you have them finishing?

1, Nick Meaney
2. Christian Crichton
3. Will Hopoate
4. Kerrod Holland
5. Reimis Smith
6. Lachlan Lewis
7. Kieran Foran
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Lichaa
10. Dylan Napa
11. Josh Jackson
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Adam Elliott

Sauaso Sue
Danny Fualalo
Raymond Faitala-Mariner
Corey Harawira-Naera

___

Juniors
I don't understand your vote @Daza06 - Bulldogs finished 12th in 2018, and for 2019, have an improved side, recruited fairly well, and released a lot of players who were past their best, yet you have them doing even worse than 2018. Why's that?

Daza06

Juniors
I don't understand your vote @Daza06 - Bulldogs finished 12th in 2018, and for 2019, have an improved side, recruited fairly well, and released a lot of players who were past their best, yet you have them doing even worse than 2018. Why's that?

I’m not so sure they’re are an improved side on last season. They have a strong backrow and that’s where it ends.

I think their spine lacks any type of creativity whilst the backline has one player with good NRL experience. In terms of scoring points I can’t see where it’s going to come from.

Yes players like Smith, Lewis and Martin has a great 2018 but I would like to see them do it over the entirety of 26 rounds.

I never like to tip a team to come last but if I had to the Bulldogs would be favourites for me at the moment.

Where do you see the strengths in the Bulldogs side?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You think Kieran Foran lacks creativity?

Did you watch Lachlan Lewis this year?

Daza06

Juniors
You think Kieran Foran lacks creativity?

Did you watch Lachlan Lewis this year?

Kieran Foran definitely lacks creativity going off his form from the last 3 seasons.

I watched him and he was great for the Bulldogs but I will reserve my complete judgement as he has only played 9 NRL games.

Timmah

Staff member
Kieran Foran definitely lacks creativity going off his form from the last 3 seasons.

I watched him and he was great for the Bulldogs but I will reserve my complete judgement as he has only played 9 NRL games.
Foran's barely played the last few seasons - when he did get on the field for any meaningful time at the Warriors he seemed to be hitting some good form again. If he can stay on the park I'd back him to help lift our performances significantly. Paired with a rising star like Lewis I think we have a fairly solid spine. Meaney has plenty of promise based on his performances at Newcastle too.

___

Juniors
I’m not so sure they’re are an improved side on last season. They have a strong backrow and that’s where it ends.

I think their spine lacks any type of creativity whilst the backline has one player with good NRL experience. In terms of scoring points I can’t see where it’s going to come from.

Yes players like Smith, Lewis and Martin has a great 2018 but I would like to see them do it over the entirety of 26 rounds.

I never like to tip a team to come last but if I had to the Bulldogs would be favourites for me at the moment.

Where do you see the strengths in the Bulldogs side?
The backline is definitely promising but I would like to see how Lewis goes in the halves with Foran. It will also be interesting to see how Lichaa will go this year as not only is he playing for a contract, but there are some youngsters in the team who will be looking to try and make their way into the FG squad.

___

Juniors
I must say...

045d63310abf65cd48f456e6e0ab638d.png

Holland and Critchon in the backline is not going to work

Foran within 1000 miles of the team is not going to work

No Klemmer is not going to work

If we avoid the bottom 2 we are doing well

Vic Mackey

Referee
Didn’t see them give in last year apart from the Titans debacle at Belmore. Pay will have them playing their best but sadly I don’t think it will be enough to lift them out of the bottom 4. Probably another 2 years off challenging again.

___

Juniors
Didn’t see them give in last year apart from the Titans debacle at Belmore. Pay will have them playing their best but sadly I don’t think it will be enough to lift them out of the bottom 4. Probably another 2 years off challenging again.
We didn't finish in the bottom 4 in 2018. Despite the absence of Klemmer, I do think we'll improve on 2018 but not top 8.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We didn't finish in the bottom 4 in 2018. Despite the absence of Klemmer, I do think we'll improve on 2018 but not top 8.

Seeing Sue in Dogs colors will hurt more then seeing Woods did. Ivan’s parting gift of letting him go still cuts.

___

Juniors
Seeing Sue in Dogs colors will hurt more then seeing Woods did. Ivan’s parting gift of letting him go still cuts.
Don't worry mate, we know exactly how you feel. You could build an entire roster with the amount of quality players that Des Hasler released. The one's the cut us the most... Reynolds and Cook!

Precisely what people said last year yet we managed to bounce up to 12th.

How we deal with Klemmer's absence is key

Yeh Tim, great comparison. We’ve since lost Mbye, Klemmer, Morris x 2 and Woods. 4 internationals and one that is now captain of the tigers. Can’t see anything but good times ahead :rolling_eyes:

Timmah

Staff member
Yeh Tim, great comparison. We’ve since lost Mbye, Klemmer, Morris x 2 and Woods. 4 internationals and one that is now captain of the tigers. Can’t see anything but good times ahead :rolling_eyes:
"Since lost"?

Mbye and Woods both left midway through the year and we improved.

Morris twins are in the twilight of their career. Klemmer is the key loss as I already stated.