What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The MMA Thread

shiznit

Coach
Cheers for the insight bro.

Yeah I'm not balls deep into the whole thing but I know a little bit about it. Especially the fact that he hasn't really owned it or shown any remorse as you say.

Just seemed odd to me that the UFC seems OK to cop all the heat in todays climate for a guy who, quite frankly, when faced with anyone in the top 10 or 15 will get found out badly.

I mean it's not like the CM punk thing where you give him a contract so you can get a whole new audience (WWE). Not sure any business really wants to appeal to the wife bashing demo..

Maybe they are looking at it like, ppl will pay to see this guy get his head kicked in.. Either way it just doesn't feel right and kind of hope they feed him to the black beast
He looks like he has crazy power... his KO’s have looked pretty vicious.

But you’re spot on... he’s hardly worth all the notoriety IMO...

But i don’t think it’s a coincidence that he’s been named to debut on the first ESPN card...

The guy seemed like he was a subject on all the ESPN shows every couple of days a few years ago...

So it probably adds extra intrigue and attention to what will probably be the early prelims.

Dana is supposed to be on First Take later this week so I wouldn’t be surprised if they bring it up with him this week... I think it will probably be overshadowed by whatever Dana starts calling Oscar De La Hoya but I think Molly Qerim the host will bring it up.

ebbedfred

Bench
Any ideas what other fights they are putting together for the Melbourne Card? Co-main and Main event are set, but not much else. Hoping they put together a strong card, as a ppv, they need to make sure if they lose a fight or 2 it can still stack up, I just hope because it sold out so fast they don't just put medicore fights in, I don't think they will, PPV points are still the main revenue stream.

Wizardman

First Grade
Skeptical hippo eyes all over Dana White and Jon Jones right now
Abslute disgrace to competitive sport that he is allowed to compete.....they even move the whole f**king event for Jones. Any traces of a performance enhancing drug no matter how small should face a ban until he is clean.

ebbedfred

Bench
I’ve disliked Jones for a long time. Incredible talent, absolute definition of a shit bloke.

It’s incredibly disappointing the special treatment he has received over the last few years, and no other fighter (bar probably Conor) would have a PPV moved for him a week out. This whole saga has made USADA and the UFC look very corrupt.

I’ve disliked Jones for a long time. Incredible talent, absolute definition of a shit bloke.

It’s incredibly disappointing the special treatment he has received over the last few years, and no other fighter (bar probably Conor) would have a PPV moved for him a week out. This whole saga has made USADA and the UFC look very corrupt.

Loved this at the weigh in
26686815261d2a74cdfebaddd2150368.jpeg

mozza91

Coach
Watching MMA for the 1st time in a while and first fight I see is BJ Penn get embarrassed on the ground. This is why I stopped watching in the first place.

shiznit

Coach
Watching MMA for the 1st time in a while and first fight I see is BJ Penn get embarrassed on the ground. This is why I stopped watching in the first place.
Sad... BJ is my favourite of all time...

MASSIVE test for Aussie Alex Volkanoski...

Chad Mendes is a BEAST!

But I like Alex the great... a good bloke!

Smack

Coach
pretty impressive from alex, took some big shots got dropped and still pushed on, stuck to his game plan

megan I dunno, bit lucky

shiznit

Coach
Boooom!!! He'll be champ one way or another. Ortega next
I’d keep him away Ortega until it’s absolutely necessary...

Ortega’s length and elite grappling make him a terrible match up for Alex...

I could see another Ortega vs Frankie...

If I’m in Volkanovskis team I target Frankie... he’s a much better match up IMO...

Even Jose Aldo...

shiznit

Coach
HOLY f**kING SHIT!!

Amanda Nunez is the GOAT Woman!!

Beat Meisha Tate, Ronda Rousey now f**king DESTROYED Cyborg!!

HOLY SHIT!!

shiznit

Coach
The UFC has reached boxing levels of corruption. Punches to the back of the head and they wouldn't show a replay
Nahhh they normally let that go if it’s on the ground and the person is turtled and trying to cover it up...

It’s still illegal I think... but very rarely do you see it pulled up...

Even then.. the UFC doesn’t control the refs... they are appointed by the commission.

Nahhh they normally let that go if it’s on the ground and the person is turtled and trying to cover it up...

It’s still illegal I think... but very rarely do you see it pulled up...

Even then.. the UFC doesn’t control the refs... they are appointed by the commission.
They didn't even show a replay for 30mins and then showed it once.....a stoppage in a title fight....bad look