What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The greatest club side of all time (one year only)

anjado

Juniors
In terms of utter dominance in the modern era, Brisbane were on top of the table for 23 consecutive weeks in 2000 which is the 2nd longest run in the history of the game behind St George who were on top for 26 consecutive weeks between 1962-63. To put Brisbane's run into perspective Parramatta who were massively dominant in 2001 until the Grand Final could only manage 11 consecutive weeks at the top of the ladder. St George Illawarra in 2010 managed 22 rounds consecutively at the top also.

In 1951 Souths were top of the competition in every single round of an 18 round season and only lost once and beat Manly in the Grand Final 50-16 if converted to modern scoring.

in 1929 Souths were leading the comp for every round and beat Newtown 38-12 in the Final.

siv

First Grade
Maybe we should list clubs who had 20 wins (no draws or loses) in a row or more for all compeitions - Premiership / City Cup / State Cup / Midweek Cups. This may cross seasons

Fat Tony Kandos

Juniors
Unlimited tackle era: Any of those great St. George teams with Kevin Ryan in the team.

Limited tackle era: Any of the 1996, 2005, or 2010 St. George teams.

First Grade
Not a superbowl sorry.
But how fondly I remember you blokes popping up here for a game in 2007
I have a fond memory of the grand re-opening of Lang Park / Suncorp Stadium in 2003 poor Broncos, I nearly felt sorry for them losing to the Knights on the opening of your new home stadium.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I have a fond memory of the grand re-opening of Lang Park / Suncorp Stadium in 2003 poor Broncos, I nearly felt sorry for them losing to the Knights on the opening of your new home stadium.
I was there. It was awesome, was the general consensus that due to the occasion the game should have already been given to the donkeys before kickoff.

Same thing happened in 1993 when Parramatta beat them at their first game at QEII Stadium. When Brisbane moved from Lang Park

Canard

Immortal
Same thing happened in 1993 when Parramatta beat them at their first game at QEII Stadium. When Brisbane moved from Lang Park

I was there for that one.

Someone at the QRL(I'm sure) hired a plane to fly over the ground with a banner reading "It's not as good as Lang Park".

God that ground was a shithole

King hit

Coach
I was there for that one.

Someone at the QRL(I'm sure) hired a plane to fly over the ground with a banner reading "It's not as good as Lang Park".

God that ground was a shithole

But it got more people through the gates

King hit

Coach
I vote for the west’s magpie teams tommy ro din nick kiss coached in the 90’s

Super League totally f**ked the Magpies as they could afford nobody due to inflated salaries that was out of Wests’ reach. They were competitive under Tommy from 95-97 making the finals in 1996 and they would’ve been there in 97 if it wasn’t for the Crushers winning their last game.

Latest posts