What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Bazal

Post Whore
Imma hazard a guess and say being in injury recovery, he shouldn’t have been drinking, yet somehow he sliced open his foot. But it was on Christmas Day FFS! Any boss who sacks someone for drinking on Christmas is a bum!

And tbh if that's all it is, we are not in a position to be taking a moral high-ground over something so relatively minor

84 Baby

Referee
And tbh if that's all it is, we are not in a position to be taking a moral high-ground over something so relatively minor
Do you mean us as in us or us as in the club? Because I had a fairly sober Christmas Day. I don’t remember Boxing Day though

Bazal

Post Whore
Do you mean us as in us or us as in the club? Because I had a fairly sober Christmas Day. I don’t remember Boxing Day though

Well probably both.

You can't deny that on average, we're a bunch of piss wrecks and degenerates on here. Although myself and @Gary Gutful probably skew the figures.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if signing for us did lead to a hiccup. If you've been on your best behaviour for a year, you're probably the form player of the entire comp, and you're not wanted by your club, it's a kick in the guts as well as a major life change. Someone pm me what's supposed to have happened.

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/01...d-to-be-fine-for-parramatta-eels-trial-games/

Hospitalised Ferguson expected to be fine for trials

Margie McDonald
Senior Reporter
Tue 1 Jan 2019, 06:26 PM

Blake Ferguson is expected to overcome a nasty cut to his foot and return to peak fitness in time for the Eels trial games against the Raiders and Panthers.

Despite being hospitalised by the mishap, Ferguson is expected to make a full recovery heading into the February trials and the 2019 Telstra Premiership.

The former Test and NSW Origin winger cut his foot on Christmas Day and when it didn't respond to initial treatment doctors took a closer look and found a large splinter inside the wound.

That was removed but the 28-year-old was still experiencing swelling and pain due to an infection.

He checked himself into St George Hospital a couple of days before New Year so the foot could again be checked to ensure there were no other remnants of the splinter left behind.

A spokesman for the Parramatta Eels says Ferguson's foot is responding well to treatment and it's hoped he will be released from hospital "in the next day or so".

Please whitelist our domain or disable your adblocker to access all features and videos.

Five key matchups of the Eels' 2019 draw

"He is still currently in hospital receiving treatment for an infection in his foot," a club spokesman said.

"Our medical team is monitoring the situation closely and at this stage we expect Blake to recover in time for the start of training."

The Eels players are due back on the training field on Monday as they prepare for two scheduled trial games: February 15 against the Canberra Raiders at St Marys League Stadium, and March 2 against Penrith at Panthers Stadium.

Ferguson is the Eels' biggest 2019 signing. He is joined by fellow recruits Junior Paulo (Raiders) and Shaun Lane (Manly).

In 2018 Ferguson was named the Dally M winger of the year after leading the NRL in metres gained (5039m).