What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
Ping @Suitman. Mate, is it normal to enter into a small jobs contract with a tradie for work say worth $15,000 ? A have a few trades lined up (painting, landscaping) that will cost at least that each. I see that jobs over $20,000 must be via contract and HOW Insurance provided.

https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/...ing/preparing-to-build-and-renovate/contracts

I’m just trying to get an understanding of what is normal in the marketplace.

Offer them cash price also

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ping @Suitman. Mate, is it normal to enter into a small jobs contract with a tradie for work say worth $15,000 ? A have a few trades lined up (painting, landscaping) that will cost at least that each. I see that jobs over $20,000 must be via contract and HOW Insurance provided.

https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/...ing/preparing-to-build-and-renovate/contracts

I’m just trying to get an understanding of what is normal in the marketplace.

you really should have the small contracts agreements in place

for your own protection I would, you are then covered if they f**k up or go broke or get run over or what ever. If you are financing it your fiance company may require contracts

I certainly wouldn't recommend doing say $40K worth of work without signing contracts to cover you for contingencies as then there are agreements in place on how to deal with the contingencies/variations

Eelogical

Referee

3cb164a33e6f673ec11f6643faa0e996.jpg

hindy111

Post Whore
you really should have the small contracts agreements in place

for your own protection I would, you are then covered if they f**k up or go broke or get run over or what ever. If you are financing it your fiance company may require contracts

I certainly wouldn't recommend doing say $40K worth of work without signing contracts to cover you for contingencies as then there are agreements in place on how to deal with the contingencies/variations

Why would Gronk pay them untill works completed? I've never once been paid untill jobs done. If you start drawing up contracts I reckon it will scare tradies off. I'd personaly be looking at one man bands not larger companies. With one man bands its usually cheaper as less overheads as well as person working direct so genersly get better workmanship. Going via larger companies you may end up with a lazy worker or a lesser quality.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Look at the ingredients of every packaged thing you buy

exactly, its pretty much impossible to be "off sugar" unless you prepare all your own meals from the raw products, no sources from a packet or bottle either

anything that comes out of a packet (including bread) or a can has sugar in it

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Why would Gronk pay them untill works completed? I've never once been paid untill jobs done. If you start drawing up contracts I reckon it will scare tradies off. I'd personaly be looking at one man bands not larger companies. With one man bands its usually cheaper as less overheads as well as person working direct so genersly get better workmanship. Going via larger companies you may end up with a lazy worker or a lesser quality.

not sure how any of that is relevant to what I posted