What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Halves

Blake Green Halves Partner - 2019

• Chanel Tavita Harris

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Hayze Perham

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Adam Keighran

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Peta Hiku

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Signing

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Just to get some discussion going...Who wins the race to be Blake Green's halves partner for round 1?

Chanel Harris-Tavita

Hayze Perham

Adam Keighran

Peta Hiku

New Signing

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
Too early to tell for me.
I will watch the trials with interest.

Leber

Bench
Perham is a fullback. He'll need a lot of work to be ready in the halves round one.

Cook and Lawton can play half aswell.

It'll prob start with Hiku there and Keighran moving in there long term.

We are f**ked if Green goes down though.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I think Kearney will go with
7. Green
6. Hiku

Hope to be wrong with a young bloke getting a go.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
As long as they can tackle and not get run around like Tohu would or get busted through like Hiku would.

Remember this post if either get picked as it will be another correct prediction to add to my already long list of predictions.

Warriorsoul

Juniors
I wonder how many of Keighran's former team-mates privately thought he was wasting his time signing with the Warriors.....

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I had a dream last night that it was round one and we were getting shanked with Keighran at half, lucky I don’t believe that dreams mean shit, haha

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
For me, Keighran seems a bit like a Grant Rovelli type buy/player.

Decent and solid but wont win us much, and with the rookies, they may be a bit too green.

Gotta feeling we are going to sign someone new for the halves at some point in 2019..

jaseg

Juniors
What's with the Keighran love? Just age?

He arguably showed more promise at centre than as a playmaker last year imo.

I'd prefer to see either/both of the young fellas, personally - and with a fit Roache we have two guys at the same position (himself and Luke) who I would be comfortable using a little in the halves during games (if you're worried about overexposing the younger guys for every game to start with).

What's with the Keighran love? Just age?

He arguably showed more promise at centre than as a playmaker last year imo.

I'd prefer to see either/both of the young fellas, personally - and with a fit Roache we have two guys at the same position (himself and Luke) who I would be comfortable using a little in the halves during games (if you're worried about overexposing the younger guys for every game to start with).

He's not a centre though despite playing their in ISP (Doing a good job) He was a gun in the halves in 2017. Plenty of people from the Panthers forums across the board have said he is the goods. Just behind many other good junior halves at Penrith so took us an option. I'd prefer an aussie half over our green ones. An aussie green junior is 2-3 years ahead of our juniors.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Our predicted Round 1 team on NRL.com has Chanel Harris-Tavita in the #7 although Jamie Soward says "I wouldn't be surprised if at some stage they play Blake Green at seven with someone like Peta Hiku at six until they find their feet". I reckon Soward is on the money.

Our predicted Round 1 team on NRL.com has Chanel Harris-Tavita in the #7 although Jamie Soward says "I wouldn't be surprised if at some stage they play Blake Green at seven with someone like Peta Hiku at six until they find their feet". I reckon Soward is on the money.

Kearney already pointed out he wouldn't play Hiku in the halves when asked. Obviously we all know Hiku will be Kearney's go to person if the junior rookies fail to fire (Or possibly Harris if push comes to shove) Unleash a rookie and let them grow.