What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now the dust has settled

Shane has not once taken responsibility for anything he has been found guilty of. Which has been quite a bit so far.

Winning our first GF as coach doesn’t give him automatic immunity forever. Just cop it Shane and move on mate.

carinashark

First Grade
I would like to see him win the appeal , but that will not happen. Thinking back to his coaching time at our club. I don’t think we will see the likes of him ever again in the NRL. His commitment to the club should never be doubted 100% balls in. Balanced out by his lack of adherence to the peptides punishments and his handling of the bench during games. Any criticism I had of him as a coach has been erased by his making and handling of the team in 2016. Good luck Flanno. I’m going to miss those teeth!

Maccas4177

Juniors
I understand the love for Flanno after guiding the team to the title in 2016 but I can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. A grown man, lying point blank on numerous occasions? Don't even know how the players can trust him let alone the fans etc.

Quicksilver

Bench
I understand the love for Flanno after guiding the team to the title in 2016 but I can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. A grown man, lying point blank on numerous occasions? Don't even know how the players can trust him let alone the fans etc.

Every grown man lies all the time.

chewsta

First Grade
If he did win the appeal, would he even want to come back to the Sharks. Personally I'd move on elsewhere for a fresh start.

Does with me.

Hope he appeals, wins and coaches us till he's ready to retire.
Thts the kind of boys club mentality that got us in so much shit. “Oh don’t worry about how much he has cost the club he won us a comp!”

How will you feel when some of what he has done is the reason for it being * in the premiership list?

Inferno

Coach
Easy to explain. Club copped extra 400k. Any of those involved still around would also be banned.

Perhaps Flanno would also wear a 400K fine if given that opportunity.

The fact is both parties committed an identical offence and are equally culpable.

Quicksilver

Bench

The fact is both parties committed an identical offence and are equally culpable.

The people responsible do not pay.

Club members and fans are the only ones left to clean up this mess.

Ads

First Grade

Point is Mooney etc would likely be suspended if they were still at the club.

Inferno

Coach
Point is Mooney etc would likely be suspended if they were still at the club.

And my point is, Mooney or whoever was acting on behalf of the club. So the Club is as liable as Flanno yet we escape with a fine while he is banned from the game completely.

If he's appealing the severity of the penalty that's the only avenue I see available to him.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Flanno is done at the club unless he has.a favourable outcome to his appeal (wont happen) Still has to go through the process to determine the length of the suspension and requirements to be able to return to the Nrl etc. Don't think it's any coincidence that Flange junior re signed recently...writing has been on the wall for a little while re the old man. Most telling part of the contract is the fact there was no get out clause re. the old man.

Weaponhead

Coach
Hard to win an appeal against the same group who investigated, determined the sanction and hear the appeal. Pretty much the definition of a stacked deck.

Ads

First Grade
And my point is, Mooney or whoever was acting on behalf of the club. So the Club is as liable as Flanno yet we escape with a fine while he is banned from the game completely.

If he's appealing the severity of the penalty that's the only avenue I see available to him.
Well the club is fined heavily so I don’t see how they are escaping penalty. Also the club wasn’t suspended, Flanno was. Different strokes.