What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video chat about new Nigerian Rugby League and African Rugby Cup

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The definitely said all of the right things...

Im never worried about teams stacking themselves out with the Heritage players from Aus/GB so long as there is a genuine commitment to the local players.

A successful team of heritage players with a few locals (there for development, if nothing else) is a great way to get some exposure that can then be turned into ongoing interest.

This happened in Lebanon, it looks like it will happen in Jamaica. Heres hoping it happens again in Nigeria!!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I also think this kind of marketnis where RLIF should be putting any development funds they have...

Forget the US, thats such an established market it is nearly impossible. Go to developing market and get in before there is an established middle-class (its better to go early for the money too; a dollar in a developing economy will go MUCH further).

We scoff today, but imagine if RL had actually go a foot in China back in the 90s. Nigeria is on of the modern equivalents; it is predicted to become the wealthiest country on Africa within a few decades.

Like with many developing economies, get inon the ground floor and grow with them...

Last edited:
I also think this kind of marketnis where RLIF should be putting any development funds they have...

Forget the US, thats such an established market it is nearly impossible. Go to developing market and get in before there is an established middle-class (its better to go early for the money too; a dollar in a developing economy will go MUCH further).

We scoff today, but imagine if RL had actually go a foot in China back in the 90s. Nigeria is on of the modern equivalents; it is predicted to become the wealthiest country on Africa within a few decades.

Like with many developing economies, get inon the ground floor and grow with them...
I think the difficulty is getting right calibre of people particulary in an emerging market like Nigeria its far more complicated than Europe.

But they seem to have some quality individuals who know how the country works.
Having a recent OBE on the board shows the seriousness of the people they have.