What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gardenia

Juniors
I didn't say it was anyone's fault. It was a statement that I believe is true.

So you do think that a girl should trust a sports star, rock star, movie star to be faithful?
Yes I do. I believe that is a justifiable and reasonable expectation. To show respect and loyalty in a committed relationship. Regardless of what you do for a living . If one party fails in that expectation it’s the cheater who is at odds with reality not the person cheated on. Our society is based on monogamous relationships and marriages.

Last edited:

Gardenia

Juniors
Regarding JDB I thought I would share what I was told today ( take it or leave it )
1. He intends to plead innocent at his hearing ( nothing new there )
2. He wants to and intends to play this season
3. With a innocent plea the Dragons and NRL wont stop him playing
4. If it go's to trial ..Repeat "If " It will more than likely be at the end of the year or early next year ( nothing new there )
5. He is back at training and will play the 2019 season .

Time will tell .

Thankyou for the update GC

Old Timer

Coach
Yes I do. I believe that is a justifiable and reasonable expectation. To show respect and loyalty in a committed relationship. Regardless of what you do for a living . If one party fails in that expectation it’s the cheater who is at odds with reality not the person cheated on. Our society is based on monogamous relationships and marriages.
Funny how some people are more worried about how to get JDB on the footy field rather than thinking about the consequences for his partner and unborn child
People want Jack to be our captain despite his obvious poor ability to make good decisions at crucial times.
His partner is now hit with the potential reality that this may not be his 1st indiscretion

BLM01

First Grade
Funny how some people are more worried about how to get JDB on the footy field rather than thinking about the consequences for his partner and unborn child
People want Jack to be our captain despite his obvious poor ability to make good decisions at crucial times.
His partner is now hit with the potential reality that this may not be his 1st indiscretion

Why not and so we should be focussing on that!
Why should external people (us) think about JDB's partner. Why not think about every partner out there that may have be hard done by or cheated upon in the last month or so.
What makes her so special. Forget his partner.
Yes thats right..... involve ourselves outside where we should about things we know nothing about.
They would have enough people around and close to them for that to handle the situation.
Not the first time it has happened to SOMEONE pregnant or not.......nor the last.

And now you are going to pass a judgement and guess it may not be his 1st indiscretion
Give it a break OT!...who cares about their private lives.

It is a footy forum..and selfishly all we should be discussing and focussing on is that we hope he gets back playing for our club to the level he can asap if innocent..... or wiped out of our club and NRL if guilty.

It is a forum on opinions..but we are moving away from what the topic was about (not what our club needed - sorry wrong Thread) to be part of the outraged society black sheep waiting for a pat on the back and support for taking a moral highground because you can easily behind a keyboard.

Sorry OT I am now outraged myself about the outragers. You have just tipped me over.
Last comment from me on this until a judgment by the courts is passed. For now I will cling to hope that he is innocent and proven that way.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Why should external people (us) think about consequences for JDB's partner. Why not think about every partner out there that may have be hard done by or cheated upon in the last month or so.
Yes thats right..... involve ourselves outside where we should about things we know nothing about.
They would have enough people around and close to them for that to handle the situation.
Not the first time it has happened to SOMEONE pregnant or not.......nor the last.

And now you are going to pass a judgement and guess it may not be his 1st indiscretion

It is a footy forum..and selfishly all we should be discussing and focussing on is that we hope he gets back playing for our club to the level he can asap if innocent..... or wiped out of our club and NRL if guilty.

It is a forum on opinions..but have some rationale and base for the opinions and not be one of the black sheep waiting for a pat on the back and support for taking a moral highground because you can,
That is not what people are doing at all
My post and those of a similar nature are push back against those that suggest if consensual Jack has nothing to answer for and the partner nothing to complain about.
I wonder how Jack would feel if he did a paternity test and found out the Bub is his buddy’s from the night of the alleged incident?

BLM01

First Grade
That is not what people are doing at all
My post and those of a similar nature are push back against those that suggest if consensual Jack has nothing to answer for and the partner nothing to complain about.
I wonder how Jack would feel if he did a paternity test and found out the Bub is his buddy’s from the night of the alleged incident?
I will ignore Sentence 1 & 3....pfftttt
And if...and I mean if...people on this forum have actually implied the last 6 words of Sentence 2 "the partner nothing to complain about" you of all people being Older...should know there is nothing to push back on... cause falling for that clickbait would be just as juvenile.

Drag Queen

Bench
Unfortunately we'd all like to believe in monogamy and marriage. Truth is is 1 in 3 marriages will end up divorcing in Australia.

Drag Queen

Bench
Why not and so we should be focussing on that!
Why should external people (us) think about JDB's partner. Why not think about every partner out there that may have be hard done by or cheated upon in the last month or so.

It is a forum on opinions..but we are moving away from what the topic was about (not what our club needed - sorry wrong Thread) to be part of the outraged society black sheep waiting for a pat on the back and support for taking a moral highground because you can easily behind a keyboard.

Sorry OT I am now outraged myself about the outragers. You have just tipped me over.
Last comment from me on this until a judgment by the courts is passed. For now I will cling to hope that he is innocent and proven that way.
Uncalled for. A handful of us do know his partner. Keep to your word and please refrain from discussing this subject.

Gardenia

Juniors
Unfortunately we'd all like to believe in monogamy and marriage. Truth is is 1 in 3 marriages will end up divorcing in Australia.

Agree and understood. The question was asked - do we really think that someone can couple with a rockstar or sport star and expect them to be faithful? My answer was yes I do think that's a reasonable thing to expect.

This is a broad statement - I am NOT in any way passing opinion on JDB incident or his relationship as I simply do not have the facts. But when I read how can a female be expected to trust a high profile star to be faithful well I couldn't just sit in silence as a female that had to be addressed - of course we can expect and should expect that.

Last edited:

Gardenia

Juniors

JDB and his partners relationship is not my business. The question was posed - can a female expect to trust a partner who is a sport star movie star or rock star. My answer is yes I think that's a reasonable thing to expect.

***This is a broad statement - I am NOT in any way passing opinion on JDB incident or his relationship as I simply do not have the facts. But when I read how can a female be expected to trust a high profile star to be faithful well I couldn't just sit in silence as a female that had to be addressed - of course we can expect and should expect that.

Gardenia

Juniors
I admit OT I would like to see JDB on the footy field for selfish reasons as he is a good player. But I do feel for everyone concerned and I of course you would worry about the consequences for someone with child and the unborn child - the stress alone is enough to be a worry. That's where support bases come in, and all I can do is support my team and trust all processes and mind my own business.

Drag Queen

Bench
Agree and understood. The question was asked - do we really think that someone can couple with a rockstar or sport star and expect them to be faithful? My answer was yes I do think that's a reasonable thing to expect.

This is a broad statement - I am NOT in any way passing opinion on JDB incident or his relationship as I simply do not have the facts. But when I read how can a female be expected to trust a high profile star to be faithful well I couldn't just sit in silence as a female that had to be addressed - of course we can expect and should expect that.
I am a chick luv and don't regard this as a broad statement. I also have friends married to fantastic guys. A few are well known through their professions and some aren't. It would be purely naive to suggest that certain types of personalities don't take advantage of their status. I should add this has nothing to do with the current sexual assault charge. It doesn't.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
With respect to all patties (?) let’s get back to the footy . There’s a rumor doing the rounds that our Mary had a contract to paint the tennis courts at White City . He lost it when he asked what color they wanted it painted . :zipper_mouth:

Won a schoolboys tennis tournament at White City many moons ago.
They were grass courts back then.

Ahhhhhhhh, those were the days!