What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

eels81236

Bench
Jusy checked out the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander to replace my existing one. Seriously why would you buy some overpriced Euro trash with a 3 year warranty at double the money ?

Look at the Kia Stinger if the badge doesn’t concern you.

I’ve placed a reservation for a Tesla Model 3. Which variant I get I will decide when that Musk bloke finally gets back to me and asks what I want. (Probably the cheapest). $35kUS

84 Baby

Referee

I’ve placed a reservation for a Tesla Model 3. Which variant I get I will decide when that Musk bloke finally gets back to me and asks what I want. (Probably the cheapest). $35kUS
If I win lotto tonight, I'll be putting my $300k reservation on a Tesla Roadster. 0-100 in 2 seconds thank you very much

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Jusy checked out the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander to replace my existing one. Seriously why would you buy some overpriced Euro trash with a 3 year warranty at double the money ?
Engine performance. Some people want more grunt and a better driving experience than a 147kW/440Nm 2.2-litre engine can offer.

That said if Hyundai start rolling out their new N performance model across their entire range then that is a potential game changer.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
For bragging? Some people have too much money so what else are they going to do with it. They need to seperate themself from the rest somehow.
How does buying an Audi, BMW or a Mercedes separate you from anyone? There's tens of thousands of them on the road. If you want to buy a car to be unique you'd be better off driving a Nissan Cube.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I have the bottom of the range Santa Fe. Bloody awesome car. Would recommend to anyone and everyone.

Eelogical

Referee

Kia's are Hyundai's anyway. And besides, a Stinger is nothing like a Santa Fe unless he's going through some form of mid-life crisis.

Eelogical

Referee
Engine performance. Some people want more grunt and a better driving experience than a 147kW/440Nm 2.2-litre engine can offer.

That said if Hyundai start rolling out their new N performance model across their entire range then that is a potential game changer.
I've always owned Holdens, I know them inside out but they were always second hand. Less than three months ago I bought my first new car ever. A 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 4WD petrol. I've already got 13,000k's on it and couldn't be happier.

Gronk

Staff member

Same reason you bought a Rolex.

Euro trash ? The competition is Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Land Rover etc. Hardly trash mate. They make great cars.

Value is subjective. The luxury value perception obviously varies from household to household depending on needs, income etc. Marketing merkins call it the paradox of value IIRC.

Eelogical

Referee
Australia has more car choices than any other country on the planet. Considering our population we have way too much choice when it comes to private transportation needs.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Same reason you bought a Rolex.

Euro trash ? The competition is Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Land Rover etc. Hardly trash mate. They make great cars.

Value is subjective. The luxury value perception obviously varies from household to household depending on needs, income etc. Marketing merkins call it the paradox of value IIRC.
Was waiting for someone to make the Rolex comparison.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Australia has more car choices than any other country on the planet. Considering our population we have way too much choice when it comes to private transportation needs.
I’m pissed off that a Dodge Hellcat isn’t available in Australia. Imagine how fast we could get down to Yamba in one of those!

Gronk

Staff member

You make having a large range in the marketplace sound to be a bad thing. Brands will exit if they do poorly. Like that brand that sponsored the Roosters. Infinity ?

Looks like the Holden flag wavers have dropped off. Down 35%. :oops:

https://www.caradvice.com.au/682259/vfacts-august-2018-new-vehicle-sales/

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Travel isn't always about the destination. It's more about the 'getting there'.
If I drive something, I want it to be fun to drive and zippy.

I’ve spent a lot of years travelling for work and I’ve driven most brands when I have rented cars. Most cheaper cars are OK and will get you from A to B, but personally I want a bit more than that in a car...

...particularly I have you jawing in my ear all the way down to Yamba...

Eelogical

Referee
You make having a large range in the marketplace sound to be a bad thing. Brands will exit if they do poorly. Like that brand that sponsored the Roosters. Infinity ?

Looks like the Holden flag wavers have dropped off. Down 35%. :oops:

https://www.caradvice.com.au/682259/vfacts-august-2018-new-vehicle-sales/
Saturated by choice can be a bad thing, especially when it comes to cars. Large continent, small population, so many choices, supporting all those models. To a degree, we are the worlds automotive industry's dumping ground. It would be worse if we were a LHD market.

Avenger

Immortal

Gaz

I was skeptical when I first bought mine but now I’m a convert. They are a great car company. The new i30 N Is antoo car. When you hear kids talking about them like we did about plenty of Japanese cars when we were kids demonstrates how far they have come.

Eelogical

Referee
If I drive something, I want it to be fun to drive and zippy.

I’ve spent a lot of years travelling for work and I’ve driven most brands when I have rented cars. Most cheaper cars are OK and will get you from A to B, but personally I want a bit more than that in a car...

...particularly I have you jawing in my ear all the way down to Yamba...
Nobody wants to drive a slugbox so your first comment is a no-brainer. The market has progressed to SUV's over the years and companies like Holden didn't see it coming. Bringing in Daewoos and slapping a lion on the grille only fast-tracked their on-going death by a thousand cuts. SUV's and redneck 'trucks' are what's cooking atm.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Gaz

I was skeptical when I first bought mine but now I’m a convert. They are a great car company. The new i30 N Is antoo car. When you hear kids talking about them like we did about plenty of Japanese cars when we were kids demonstrates how far they have come.
Definitely. Taking the head BMW M guy and making him head of your new N division means you are serious.

The i30 N is an awesome car. I’d like to see them role that treatment out to other cars in their range.

I’m sure they will do that and as a result will continue to win over more and more buyers in that ‘premium’ market.