What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Finals & What They Meant To You...

For those of us who’ve seen their team both win & lose more than one Grand Final, we know the individual highs & lows of the results.

My question here is - is there one loss which hurt more than the rest? Is there one win which meant more than the others?

For myself as a Roosters fan, the best feeling was 2013. The worst was 2004.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
2005 is a pretty big blur for me. I was barely standing by the time kickoff happened apart from nearly following asleep when Pete Murray was playing in the pregame.

2015 is a much different story. The words don’t exist to describe it. From heading out to the rocks the night before and everywhere being full of donkeys and cowboys colours to having to speak in sign language to jet star on the way back to Darwin because I literally couldn’t squeeze out a single word the next day the entire thing was euphoric.

Also the chick for channel 7 I think having to redo a preview during that afternoon in front of the beer garden next to the stadium because the mic picked up “look at these f**kwits” from me when 2 guys with split bris/nq jerseys on down the middle walked past. Wrong on so many levels

2005 is a pretty big blur for me. I was barely standing by the time kickoff happened apart from nearly following asleep when Pete Murray was playing in the pregame.

2015 is a much different story. The words don’t exist to describe it. From heading out to the rocks the night before and everywhere being full of donkeys and cowboys colours to having to speak in sign language to jet star on the way back to Darwin because I literally couldn’t squeeze out a single word the next day the entire thing was euphoric.

Also the chick for channel 7 I think having to redo a preview during that afternoon in front of the beer garden next to the stadium because the mic picked up “look at these f**kwits” from me when 2 guys with split bris/nq jerseys on down the middle walked past. Wrong on so many levels

Yeah, what’s up with those?

Completely antithetical to sport.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Losing it to Cronulla, of all the fcking clubs!

Was amazing to attend my first GF the following year and see us lift it though. Didn't have the same hype or feeling as a Wembley CC final for me but still a great experience.

King hit

Coach

Was amazing to attend my first GF the following year and see us lift it though. Didn't have the same hype or feeling as a Wembley CC final for me but still a great experience.

Did you run a hot bath that night?

f**king gold :joy: that was the only time I’ve been to the grand final and it was so worth it. Got to climb the harbour bridge the next morning and it had a big Cronulla flag on the top.

It’s why the Cowboys fans will always take the rivalry so much more seriously. They hate the Broncos with a passion and love nothing more than beating them. So many Broncos fans see the Cowboys as their BFF and want them to win every game. I watched that grand final in the leagues club and there was this bloke there cheering every point scored waving a QLD flag and after the game he went on about how happy he was for the Cowboys and everybody should be proud and happy for the state.

f**k off

Oh you’re a storm fan? So double the merkin I thought u were. Shit hey.

Perth Red

Post Whore

f**king gold :joy: that was the only time I’ve been to the grand final and it was so worth it. Got to climb the harbour bridge the next morning and it had a big Cronulla flag on the top.

No but I did drink more than the recommended weekly allowance after the game lol

Chin Music

Juniors

It’s why the Cowboys fans will always take the rivalry so much more seriously. They hate the Broncos with a passion and love nothing more than beating them. So many Broncos fans see the Cowboys as their BFF and want them to win every game. I watched that grand final in the leagues club and there was this bloke there cheering every point scored waving a QLD flag and after the game he went on about how happy he was for the Cowboys and everybody should be proud and happy for the state.

f**k off
So much salt mate. Jesus can be your saviour if you let him into your life.

roofromoz

First Grade
2003 grand final. Final year at uni with exams coming up and had also had a fairly messy break up with a girlfriend so it was a very, very welcome distraction.

Saw it a mate's place at Glenmore Park. Once the full time siren went I made the long walk up Mulgoa Road to Panthers. I came across other fans along the way and we were all just delirious.

Made it to the club, there was a massive crowd in the front entrance area. Just one massive party. The players came back just after midnight and a massive roar broke out when we saw Gower with the trophy.

Was sober enough to walk up to the station and catch the last city bound train back home to Wenty.

It was the best night of my life... until I got married about 5 years later.

Chin Music

Juniors

f**k off
Why the need for profanities young man? Clean your filthy mug up.

Chin Music

Juniors

Your team is built from miniature Donkeys my young friend

TheDalek079

Bench

huh? Perth doesn't have a team

Latest posts