What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Nobody wants to drive a slugbox so your first comment is a no-brainer. The market has progressed to SUV's over the years and companies like Holden didn't see it coming. Bringing in Daewoos and slapping a lion on the grille only fast-tracked their on-going death by a thousand cuts. SUV's and redneck 'trucks' are what's cooking atm.
I’m arguing that you pay for engine performance.

You know why I know that? Because you do.

Gronk

Staff member
Definitely. Taking the head BMW M guy and making him head of your new N division means you are serious.

The i30 N is an awesome car. I’d like to see them role that treatment out to other cars in their range.

I’m sure they will do that and as a result will continue to win over more and more buyers in that ‘premium’ market.

Hyundai may make inroads into the $70k+ market, but the luxury end of the market are fickle. Hence why Toyota made Lexus, as they knew that there was a price point limit to their anchor brand.

Avenger

Immortal
There are rumours that Mazda will bring out a MPS version of the CX5. If that happens, I’m in. That petrol turbo engine is already a cracker.

Avenger

Immortal
Hyundai may make inroads into the $70k+ market, but the luxury end of the market are fickle. Hence why Toyota made Lexus, as they knew that there was a price point limit to their anchor brand.
Which is why they are now investing even more into their Genesis range. I like Lexus but their current spindle grill and only 4 year warranty on new cars are below standard.

Avenger

Immortal
Recently I read an article where some dope bought a second hand Audi A8 which was originally priced at over $300k in 2012.

Bought for $75k. The dope pretended to be rich and some tradie backs into it and breaks the headlight. Cost of replacement? $6000!!!

f**k that!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Recently I read an article where some dope bought a second hand Audi A8 which was originally priced at over $300k in 2012.

Bought for $75k. The dope pretended to be rich and some tradie backs into it and breaks the headlight. Cost of replacement? $6000!!!

f**k that!
Source?

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade

f**k that!

Did hindy111 have enough cash to fix it?

Avenger

Immortal
6 min 58 seconds. Viewed not read. The scenario was hypothetical but that was my memory of it. But the depreciation and cost of the headlamp correct. The Audi A8 is actually only worth $50K not $75K and with extras cost over $300K brand new in 2012.

The whole video is excellent and speaks plenty about depreciation and some bloke having to replace the transmission of an X5 for $15k.

PS I regularly chat to John. Met him through work The guy is eccentric but a legend.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member

f**k that!

However using that economic reasoning, you’d buy a $50 quartz watch instead of a $12,000 Rolex. You change the battery every few years and probably never needs a service. A Rolex needs servicing every few years and starts at $1,000 plus parts.

There is a reason why merkins buy Audi A8 (RS8 ?) and those buyers give no f**ks about parts and service.

images

My neighbour has the sedan and it is insane.

images

Avenger

Immortal
However using that economic reasoning, you’d buy a $50 quartz watch instead of a $12,000 Rolex. You change the battery every few years and probably never needs a service. A Rolex needs servicing every few years and starts at $1,000 plus parts.

There is a reason why merkins buy Audi A8 (RS8 ?) and those buyers give no f**ks about parts and service.

images

My neighbour has the sedan and it is insane.

images

A new Rolex only needs to be serviced every 10 years. Cost is about $1k. They also maintain and even appreciate in value. Especially the stainless steel sports models. Cars don't .

Eelogical

Referee

f**k that!
Jeep!

Eelogical

Referee
6 min 58 seconds. Viewed not read. The scenario was hypothetical but that was my memory of it. But the depreciation and cost of the headlamp correct. The Audi A8 is actually only worth $50K not $75K and with extras cost over $300K brand new in 2012.

The whole video is excellent and speaks plenty about depreciation and some bloke having to replace the transmission of an X5 for $15k.

PS I regularly chat to John. Met him through work The guy is eccentric but a legend.

The guy is bald. Are you OK with that?