What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
6 min 58 seconds. Viewed not read. The scenario was hypothetical but that was my memory of it. But the depreciation and cost of the headlamp correct. The Audi A8 is actually only worth $50K not $75K and with extras cost over $300K brand new in 2012.

The whole video is excellent and speaks plenty about depreciation and some bloke having to replace the transmission of an X5 for $15k.

PS I regularly chat to John. Met him through work The guy is eccentric but a legend.

Can you put in a good word with him and see if he can get me a new Santa Fe?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
A new Rolex only needs to be serviced every 10 years. Cost is about $1k. They also maintain and even appreciate in value. Especially the stainless steel sports models. Cars don't .
My Casio didn’t like it when I started fisting barnyard animals.

Eelogical

Referee
Can you put in a good word with him and see if he can get me a new Santa Fe?

I know a guy who's got one fore sale.
FP45_CUTOUT_COLOR_ENHANCED_800px.png

Gronk

Staff member
A new Rolex only needs to be serviced every 10 years. Cost is about $1k. They also maintain and even appreciate in value. Especially the stainless steel sports models. Cars don't .

Yeah but what if a tradie backs into it and dings the case ?

Avenger

Immortal
That is the only type of watch a clumsy merkin like me should be allowed to wear.

Any nice watch I have ever had I end up scratching the f**k out of.
This is known as the ultimate square. It has DLC coating and a stainless steel case back and holds its price like a Rolex. It is the ultimate beater and the only G Shock you will ever need. Problem is it costs $400 when similar ones without its credibility amongst enthusiasts which look similar costs about $100.

Gronk

Staff member
6 min 58 seconds. Viewed not read. The scenario was hypothetical but that was my memory of it. But the depreciation and cost of the headlamp correct. The Audi A8 is actually only worth $50K not $75K and with extras cost over $300K brand new in 2012.

The whole video is excellent and speaks plenty about depreciation and some bloke having to replace the transmission of an X5 for $15k.

PS I regularly chat to John. Met him through work The guy is eccentric but a legend.

There are lots of disaster stories about the cost of parts for luxury vehicles, I’m sure. I am on my 3rd Mercedes and can honestly say that I have only ever paid the standard service fee, save wiper blades, filters etc.

The car gets serviced every 15,000 km and it costs me about $800 at the dealer. That’s about once a year and it comes back detailed. :call_me:

Avenger

Immortal
Yeah but what if a tradie backs into it and dings the case ?
I f**king love my watches Gronk. I'm now not selling the Omega. Should get the Rolex by the third quarter of this year. I did a nice Seiko Fifty Fathoms mod which I'm selling soon. I prefer the original look of the Seiko SNZH55J. That watch is awesome for the price. When I see someone wear it I always think they are a style master. It's not always about price.

Avenger

Immortal
There are lots of disaster stories about the cost of parts for luxury vehicles, I’m sure. I am on my 3rd Mercedes and can honestly say that I have only ever paid the standard service fee, save wiper blades, filters etc.

The car gets serviced every 15,000 km and it costs me about $800 at the dealer. That’s about once a year and it comes back detailed. :call_me:
I had a second hand Merc. Scratched an itch and then I sold it. Never again.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
This is known as the ultimate square. It has DLC coating and a stainless steel case back and holds its price like a Rolex. It is the ultimate beater and the only G Shock you will ever need. Problem is it costs $400 when similar ones without its credibility amongst enthusiasts which look similar costs about $100.
I’d happily pay $400 for something like that.

However, I’ve gotten so used to having an iPhone in the pocket these days that I would only wear a watch as an accessory rather than for practical purposes.

Latest posts