What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Wests Tigers finish in 2019?

Where will the Wests Tigers finish in 2019?

• Total voters

Front-Rower

First Grade
We're not the Roosters or the Broncos and you are kidding yourself if think our club has ever been the kind of organisation that can attract and retain elite players. When Anasta came to the club, he said the club couldn't even provide enough Gatorade and tape for the players. I reckon it's pretty ungrateful to criticise Marshall and Farah's loyalty to the club and extremely disingenuous to blame that for the club's lack of success.

Battler mentality. Why did Farah and Marshall stay? No one else wanted them in reality

Front-Rower

First Grade
Just like how Thurston stayed at the Cowboys for all those years. I guess nobody wanted him either.

He is a winner. He makes average first graders look like world class players. NQ moved heaven and earth to keep him there.

Wobbie and Benji have appeared in just 2 semi finals series for Wests Tigers since we won the competition. But that’s alright, they are good blokes. That’s all that matters yeah?

And I’ll add, their premiership window at Wests Tigers closed at the end of 2012.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Haha yeah no one wanted a golden boot winner nor the only hooker in the comp who could rival Smith.

He was that good for a couple of seasons but when he lost his pace he was never the same player. It was a couple of years where he was as good as Buderus and Smith. He wasn't at that level for long though.

Tiger05

First Grade
As for this season I'm getting concerned because of the MCK and Musgrove issues. We need to have a decent squad. We are already short a player or two and we need to pick up replacements for these guys if possible.

Last edited:

Shredder

Juniors
Its going to be pretty tough going getting anyone local now.

All the clubs have gone back to training I think, so their squads are set.

England is the best net now.

macnaz

Staff member
I must say 2018 suprised me how well we went , but also disappointed and annoyed me we did the same old things to ruin a top 8 position. Im just hoping the side can surprise me again and against all odds go one step further this year.
As dodgy as the comp is , if a side gets to the finals and overcomes all the obstacles the NRL puts before then any team can be a possibility.
So in saying that , as a suppporter im going rejoin as a member and attend every game possible to at least guarantee we as a club achieve more then last year off the field and make a bigger profit then 2018 and jam it right up the NRL's corrupt arseholes!

super_coach

First Grade
I must say 2018 suprised me how well we went , but also disappointed and annoyed me we did the same old things to ruin a top 8 position. Im just hoping the side can surprise me again and against all odds go one step further this year.
As dodgy as the comp is , if a side gets to the finals and overcomes all the obstacles the NRL puts before then any team can be a possibility.
So in saying that , as a suppporter im going rejoin as a member and attend every game possible to at least guarantee we as a club achieve more then last year off the field and make a bigger profit then 2018 and jam it right up the NRL's corrupt arseholes!

Re did my membership days before the NRL dropped a bomb on Camp Concord. Add the cap drama to Musgrove and MCK off field stuff, I may have had a year off. Really with what the Tigers have been through over the past six months they will over achieve if they get the spoon!!!!!

Tiger05

First Grade
I wouldn't be surprised to see that team at the start of the year but I hope we see a better team at some point.

Liddle > Farah
I hope Fonua improves a lot or Morimovski gets that centre spot.
Reynolds > Benji
Reynolds is a terrible choice on the bench.
ET might not be best suited for the team at 13. I like him as a player but are our props good enough to allow us to play a small lock who doesn't get metres.
Hopefully we can have an impact prop on the bench. I have no idea if he will come good but I hope Mikaele fills that role.
We should probably have 4 forwards on the bench or at worst 3 forwards and Liddle replacing Farah to give us some impact.

simmo05

Bench
Farah will start the year at 9, however I’m very much hoping Liddle will force him out by the middle of the season. Benji shouldn’t have been resigned and I hope isn’t near first grade if Reynolds is fit
Benji is insurance, same as robbie. Start Liddle, play Robbie from the bench. Liddle will come on soon enough, throw him in there when he is fittest after preseason i reckon

simmo05

Bench
And mim has to be there ahead of fonua, as much as i love the guy. Cast one eye to the future

BrotherJim05

Bench
If Reynolds truly is 100% fit then I could see Benji moving to centres or playing reserve grade as backup. No way should we throw Liddle in round 1, let him get his game back together in reserve grade then ease him in to take Robbie's place.

What are people's thoughts on having Liddle start, then Robbie coming off the bench, then when Liddle comes back on Robbie move's to 13 to give E.T a breather? ET is basically a ball playing tackle machine 13, Robbie could easily do the same

Tiger05

First Grade
And mim has to be there ahead of fonua, as much as i love the guy. Cast one eye to the future

I'm not sold on this one yet. Who knows how this guy will go. Fonua has a lot of positive attributes as well. Don't get me wrong Fonua defending against fast players is about as bad as it gets. When you add to that he isn't good under the high ball he has a lot of flaws.

Fonua though is a beast. He offloads at will and gets good metres consistently. If he was fast and had good hands he would be a great player. Unfortunately he doesn't have those attributes.

simmo05

Bench
I'm not sold on this one yet. Who knows how this guy will go. Fonua has a lot of positive attributes as well. Don't get me wrong Fonua defending against fast players is about as bad as it gets. When you add to that he isn't good under the high ball he has a lot of flaws.

Fonua though is a beast. He offloads at will and gets good metres consistently. If he was fast and had good hands he would be a great player. Unfortunately he doesn't have those attributes.
All your points are the reason why mim starts for me

Tigerm

First Grade
If Reynolds truly is 100% fit then I could see Benji moving to centres or playing reserve grade as backup. No way should we throw Liddle in round 1, let him get his game back together in reserve grade then ease him in to take Robbie's place.

What are people's thoughts on having Liddle start, then Robbie coming off the bench, then when Liddle comes back on Robbie move's to 13 to give E.T a breather? ET is basically a ball playing tackle machine 13, Robbie could easily do the same
Liddle should only be there if he can prove he is a better option for us, with RF retiring end of season (I presume) we need to find a replacement if Liddle isn't up to it.