What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman??

Brutalitops

Juniors
Glad to see this one hasn't been getting traction. Old news from a time that's been dealt with.

Anyway a side not, I hope that dumb merkin NRL Memes admin goes to prison. Page has always been a joke but he's beyond stupid with this tape stuff

getsmarty

Immortal
generic_story_darkscreen2.jpeg

DRAGONS

Dragons statement: Corey Norman
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 14 Jan 2019, 07:39 PM

The St George Illawarra Dragons have been made aware of a video circulating on social media of Corey Norman from several years ago.

The Dragons informed the NRL Integrity Unit on Monday afternoon. The Integrity Unit have since confirmed they have previously been made aware of the footage and dealt with it accordingly at the time.

The club will make no further comment.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/01/14/dragons-statement-corey-norman/

getsmarty

Immortal
Norman to avoid further penalty from Dragons, NRL over video
Local Sport
r0_285_5568_3712_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Half chance: Corey Norman.

Dragons recruit Corey Norman is unlikely to receive any further punishment after a video allegedly involving illicit drugs resurfaced on social media on Monday.

Norman – who gained a release from Parramatta last month – is poised to play in the halves alongside Ben Hunt, with captain Gareth Widdop expected to move to fullback. A video re-surfaced, with Norman filming what is alleged to be another man taking a substance, as two other men, including another high-profile sportsman, watch on.

However, on Monday night, the Dragons released a statement to say the matter had already been dealt with after discussions with the NRL Integrity Unit.

“The St George Illawarra Dragons have been made aware of a video circulating on social media of Corey Norman from several years ago,” the statement said.

“The Dragons informed the NRL Integrity Unit on Monday afternoon.

“The Integrity Unit have since confirmed they have previously been made aware of the footage and dealt with it accordingly at the time.

“The club will make no further comment.”

The scrutiny comes after a tumultuous off-season where Dragons and NSW forward Jack de Belin has been charged with alleged sexual assault, after an incident involving a woman and Shellharbour man Callan Sinclair.

The pair will front court over the charge in February, just days before St George Illawarra’s first trial game against Newcastle.

It also follows revelations Widdop is set to leave Wollongong at the end of the season, to return to England to finish his professional career.

Norman’s recruitment has meant Widdop is likely to move to fullback, with Matt Dufty to move to the wing or start the season in the NSW Premiership competition.

The Dragons made it to the second week of the NRL finals last year, correcting a late-season slide with a thumping 48-18 victory over Brisbane, before bowing out with a 13-12 loss to Souths, where Widdop, Paul Vaughan and now retired winger Jason Nightingale were out injured.

Norman has previously been fined and suspended while at Parramatta for a number of off-field incidents.

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...r-penalty-from-dragons-nrl-over-video/?cs=302

gitano

Juniors
He is someone I unfortunately cannot stand.

His character doesn't seem right for our club. Panic buy in my opinion and I hope one way or another he's shown the door soon.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Norman is paying $51 to win the Dally M award. I think he is a better chance than most who are paying a lot less. I am on at the $51. We do have quite a few good players in our team, so it may make it difficult for Norman to poll consistently. Widdop and Hunt have previously polled well in the Dally M award. Halves and fullbacks playing in successful teams are the best players to back.

I also backed Pangai at $51 too.

I very rarely back players to win the Dally M award as it is too open, but I think Norman and Pangai are genuine chances at big odds.

Ponga is favourite at $8. I think he is a bit short, but he is a standout player in a team that has few players who will score consistently. He and Pearce should poll well if Newcastle are winning. I think I should cover him.

I think Cleary is a decent chance at $26.

Johnson could perform at Cronulla in a new environment. I think he is paying $17. Cook is paying $17 and should poll well too.

Keary is another who is a chance

They are the 7 who I like for it.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
The best halfback of all time was a cokehead.
Go for it Corey.
Agree,
The clubs greatest 1/2 & one of my favourites of all time,Billy Smith was certainly no shrinking violet & you can add a few of his teammates too.
On a scale of 1 to 10 Corey would rate a 3 imo re his off field troubles. One of our golden boys currently has more problems coming up than Corey.

watatank

Coach
Norman is paying $51 to win the Dally M award. I think he is a better chance than most who are paying a lot less. I am on at the $51. We do have quite a few good players in our team, so it may make it difficult for Norman to poll consistently. Widdop and Hunt have previously polled well in the Dally M award. Halves and fullbacks playing in successful teams are the best players to back.

I also backed Pangai at $51 too.

I very rarely back players to win the Dally M award as it is too open, but I think Norman and Pangai are genuine chances at big odds.

Ponga is favourite at $8. I think he is a bit short, but he is a standout player in a team that has few players who will score consistently. He and Pearce should poll well if Newcastle are winning. I think I should cover him.

I think Cleary is a decent chance at $26.

Johnson could perform at Cronulla in a new environment. I think he is paying $17. Cook is paying $17 and should poll well too.

Keary is another who is a chance

They are the 7 who I like for it.

If you're interested on making those bets, you should probably shop around.

Sportsbet is paying much higher. Norman $81, Cook $21, Johnson $36. There isn't even a market for Pangai. I'm sure there are probably better prices elsewhere.

Frank Facer

First Grade
If you're interested on making those bets, you should probably shop around.

Sportsbet is paying much higher. Norman $81, Cook $21, Johnson $36. There isn't even a market for Pangai. I'm sure there are probably better prices elsewhere.
Thanks Watatank. I may even top up on Norman at the $81.

dragon thomo

Juniors
Norman may be a ticking time bomb, but going on current form in the NRL there are a lot of players out there with behaviour issues.
As i said this fellow can play football and he is probably one of very few players that can dismantle oppositions defence lines.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I know it's old news & footage, but geez what a beginning......Dumb & Dumber enters the Dragons starring Norman as Loyd Christmas.

Coffs,
We may need to hire a hotel porter to start carrying the baggage up to the room.
Hopefully its all behind him and but can someone please ban Dylan Napa from entering the St George and Illawarra districts.
We dont want any bad influences infecting our newborn.